“Great hosts”
Review of Aloran Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

Aloran Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The attraction here is more the people than the food. The welcome if great and the staff really know how to host. By comparison we found the food average. Two of us are vegetarian and we were disappointed with our main courses, expensive for what they were. The staff did make up for this in many ways and the meat eaters were happier with their food. Worth a visit.

1  Thank FromGB
There are newer reviews for Aloran Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Happen to be looking for a restaurant and i got a recommendation from someone on the street. My friends and I were really tired but they made it feel like a family dinner. Very cozy, location is perfect, food is delicious and is not over expensive. The bread was awesome and the workers make everything happen! Recommended.

1  Thank TaniMazing
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have just got to know the aloran some evening and yet become a fan of it.
having dropped in for a little snack before going returning to my hostel, I started to realize the virtuous music I was listening to from the beginning. very good tracks of different genres and languages. and the conversation with the waiters started the same way and did not stop. me too, I was very pleased, having the opportunity to exchange my firmer spanish with their english and litlle glances into turkish and kurdish.
it went on with the meal. the pide I had this first evening, was excellent, the above mentioned very tasty bread with olives in advance. I spent the whole evening with the crew and their neighbours then, instead of quickly going home after finishing my meal.
I have experienced a view more delicious dishes there, in the meantime, like a kebap (dont ask me which type, cause I dont remember the names...), also vegetarian pide, and just the delightfull homemade humus as a breakfast after the poor one in my hostel. turkish coffee, black and apple teas...
just go there and convince yourselves!

1  Thank johnstn e
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The place does not look fancy, but the people are nice and funny. We had some tastful osman dishes. We will defenitely come back!

1  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We ate at several restaurants in Istambul and this area is great for dinning. We were quite pleased with Aloran. The food, prices, services and personable touch Aloran created for us has touched my life in a special way. See you again when we return to Istanbul!!

1  Thank EilataImage