“Nice food, friendly people”
Review of Aloran Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

Aloran Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
england
“Nice food, friendly people”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Like a couple of other people have mentioned we came in here because the guy outside successfully adopted a very different strategy to most other "greeters" on the nearby strip of restaurants, well done to him as it obviously worked with us. The staff inside were very friendly and the food was good, but not memorable. It was excellent value though, about 100TL all in. Would come back.

1 Thank citybluemoon

• Turkish first
Dubai
“Very good !”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Reviewing is quite interesting, some people may found it "No" some "Yes/OK", here is my review. I found this restaurant, when we stayed in Four seasons, me and my husband, last December. We've tried the other restaurants, but we wanted to give it a try, in Aloran. Firstly, by the menu, it's obvious that the price is quite lower than the restaurant in Divan Yolu street (the main street in Sultanahmet), secondly, on the menu, they also have Italian dish, which I like it. So, my husband had the Turkish dish (I can't remember the name) and Chay for the drink, and I had my "always" Spaghetti Bolognaise. They were good, even though we had to wait a bit longer than we thought. With the staff that was so friendly and helpful, gave another plus for this review. I came back to this place last January, when I visit Istanbul with my sister, she enjoy the food and the quite cozy atmosphere in this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Friendly staff speaking English. Delicious food (ordered Kebab in clay pot), very recommendable. Looking foreward to visiting again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Super friendly service, nice food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great value, good food (testy kebab a highlight). Really friendly, authentic staff.

One of the best places in this area.

• Visited February 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“disappointing”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went to Aloran based on TA reviews but the food was not as good as expected. We had the mezze plate (which is corresponds to the profile picture of the restaurant) then a vegetable shish kebab and some chicken stew. Quality of the food was okay but not great and compared to other restaurants in the top ten I would definitely recommend trying another one like the Imbad or Pasadaze where everything is top notch.
Variety of the food offered is good though as there is also a "western" section in the menu, might be convenient sometimes.

• Visited February 2013