“Delicious food, great service”
Review of Aloran Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

Aloran Cafe & Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I chose to eat here based on previous tripadvisor reviews. It was my favorite dining experience of the entire 5 day trip. The 'greeter' outside was not pushy or a hustler. When I arrived at 6.30pm was the only diner in the restaurant but was very happy to read my book and drink a glass or 2 of wine while dinner was being prepared.

I ordered the mixed cold plate for 1 (as in the picture on this tripadvisor page) - it was delicious and more than enough food for 1 person. For main course I ordered the Testy Kebab (mixed meats) which was a spectacle when it arrive flaming at the table. The waiter got me to crack it open - which was fun. It was super delicious and all of the meat very tender. For dessert I finished with Baklava which was crisp and nice and not too sweet.

The complimentary tea and turkish delight was a great touch.

By the end of my meal the restaurant had filled with diners and was humming. It had a great atmosphere. I would go back again next time I visit Istanbul.

• Visited February 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Good food, Good Service”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very good food for a mid-range prices. More importantly, the customer service is excellent and I enjoyed the meal thoroughly. Recommended for anyone who seeks value for money!

“Very pleasant restaurant”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice, small restaurant with very friendly service. It's located a few minutes from Hagia Sophia. The personal gives you a lot of good insider tips for your holiday.

Bugibba, Malta
“Good restaurant in the Tourist Area”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place is one road down from Blue Mosque and is situated in the touristic area with a lot of Tourist Restaurants serving the same fast food type of food. Aloran is different. We had mixed cold and warm mezes (try the turkish ravioli) tasty kebab (meat cooked in a clay pot) Note at Aloran they really cook it in a clay pot as when we phone to book the owner asked us if we wanted this dish as it has to be ordered and cooked before. Plus he pot was piping hot when it came showing it had really spent a couple of hours in the oven. Most resturants just cook it as a normal casserole than just serbe it in a clay pot which they put on fire to make it warm..... Totally different tastes. We had the mixed one that is lamb beef and chicken and we also ordered the chicken with aubergines which was really tasty. The owner gave us free deserts which were good too. If you are in the area it is very worth a try. Very different from mot restaurants nearby which are just tourist ones and not really authentic

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Masha78
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect choice!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We've been firstly triggered by the waiter who approached us on the street, inviting us to experience Tripadvisor's No. 6 restaurant in Istanbul. When we came back the day after, they were so excited and welcoming. Perfect food, modestly priced, and extremely polite staff and service. Our son even played with owner's son, making us feel like we came to visit good old friends.,.I will always remember how kind and dedicated they were. This lovely area of Istanbul is packed with restaurants, but this one completely stands out!