“Great!”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Good food and service, nice friendly atmosphere. Brilliant range of food with Indian, Turkish and Asian served. Reasonably priced. Very good for vegetarians.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

There was a large variety of Indian and Asian food that was delicious. Would go back many times. They were very welcoming and had a great selection of both food and drinks. I recommend the sweet and sour chicken. Portions were slightly small, but amazing taste for Turkey.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

It's really a nice Indian restraurant in Istanbul... We reached there other branch which was closed but they said pls go to this one and best is location close to hagia Sofia and blue mosque.....

The staff was very friendly and very co-operative.

Will surely visit them again,

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had lunch here one day when I was staying next door at the Avicenna Hotel. I was the only diner, so had no complaints in terms of service or cramped tables - in fact, it was a delightful, homely experience, with attentive but not intrusive service.

The menu is extensive, but I was only in the mood for salad: it came quickly, together with the humus I had also ordered, and was delicious and fresh, though it was rather light on the cheese that should have been an integral part. The bread that came with it was freshly made, and perfect for humus. The bill was on the high side for a meal of this nature, even in this part of Istanbul - but the beautiful atmosphere, perfect service and sheer freshness of the food meant that this was OK: I will definitely return in future to sample some of the wonderful curries they have on the menu.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a recent trip to Istanbul on the basis of recommendations on this site and to be honest I was quite shocked. To start with the restaurant in nicely presented with pleasant décor reasonably clean but a little rough round the edges. Let down also by the customer toiled which is dark and smelly. Tables are very close together and at one time the guests at the table next to us were discussing what we were eating with the waiter which was quite intrusive. It has a massive menu featuring Turkish, Chinese, Indian, Korean and Japanese and I think it is trying to do too much. I also think some of the reviewers are mixing it up with the Dubb Indian, also in the Sultanahmet which may account for some of the good reviews, the other Dubb restaurant is the one with the "Amazing Views of the Agia Sophia" The Dubb Indian is an entirely different restaurant.
The food I found quite poor. I ordered the butter chicken which was described as boneless which technically it was but normally for boneless chicken you normally get nice tender breast-meat, not in this case where I had tough, stringy thigh meat which had been pre-cooked then re-heated and served with a sauce which tasted strongly of tomato paste. My wife had a Korean beef dish which was cooked with peppers and bamboo shoots in a sauce strongly reminiscent of packet black bean sauce. Some of the meat tasted a little off, like it was on the turn. At no point did anyone come to check on us, they were not particularly busy either. When the waiter came to clear the tables he asked if there was a problem with my wife's dish, she explained that some of the meat was tasting off, he said he would talk to the chef. That was it, bill came in full, no chef, no apology, nothing. I always feel the measure of a business is how it deals with complaints, this restaurant gets a big fat zero for that, which in fact was probably the biggest let down of the night.

2  Thank Jonathan H