“Not Recommended”

ISG Airport Hotel
Ranked #218 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
“Not Recommended”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My main problem with this hotel is that it's self-described as "near the airport.". The problem is that this hotel is actually situated near the smaller airport in Istanbul, not Ataturk International. And these two airports are maybe 2-3 hours apart depending on traffic.

I would have rated this hotel lower, but 1 star was the lowest I was able to award it. I consider myself a fairly experienced traveler. In the case of this hotel I didn't do my homework (don't make the same mistake as me). Long story short, I was flying into Ataturk and this hotel is really far away from there. Given they describe themselves as "near the airport" I felt misled and disappointed that they weren't more explicit about their actual location being near the small airport. When I tried to cancel with a refund I was decisively rebuked - which I have a hunch has happened to a lot of people.

I'm sure the hotel has nice facilities, but my experience with the hotel was negative. If you are flying into "the other" airport in Istanbul, or plan to spend time way out there, then maybe it's a decent option. Otherwise quickly cross it off your list.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank AndyTver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just simple like this hotel not only because of the cleanness, great location (if you want to go to the airport early in the morning, you can walk there in 3 minutes) but also the good service, the guy in the check-in desk was very polite, helpful and also thoughtful and he also upgrade my room to a suite for free. Very recommended service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MuratTosun, Yönetici at ISG Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2016
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a part from your valuable time to express your experience about our property on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and would like to thank you for your kind feedback's on behalf of entire team of ISG Airport Hotel.
It will be great pleasure to welcome you back to the ISG Airport Hotel in nearest future.
Please do not hesitate to contact with us for any your quotes that you may have.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here because I had an early flight the next morning to Ankara. The hotel is very good, the staff friendly, although in the restaurant not very attentive. Breakfast doesn't start till 6am, so the lady behind the reception desk asked me the night before if I wanted breakfast. I said yes, she said she would arrange something. I expected a sandwich and an apple to be at the reception for me but what this hotel did was absolutely great! They arranged for a breakfast to be brought to my room at 5:30am, since I had to leave early. This was really great and unexpected. The rooms are good, beds a bit hard, I got upgraded to a suite, so even better. When you don't want to stress to catch an early flight out of Sabiha airport, stay here! It was totally worth the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good airport Hotel at Sabiha Gocken airport Istanbul.
I arrived at 02:30 AM and was pleased that check in lasted only a minute (I had a resevation). Another minute later I coulod crash om my bed and 2 more minutes and I was fast asleep.

The rooms are new, spacioius and with comfotable beds; I had 2 singles. The bathroom was excellent: clean, everything working, no scratches or damage, plenty of towels with a bath with shower. Soundproofing was very good I heard no aircraft, no neighboring rooms. Since I enjoyed sleeping in the comfy beds I missed all the breakfasts; but with the airport terminal a 2 minute stroll away that is no problem.

The only thing you should know is their location on the airport because the signposting of the hotel in the terminal is non existing (at least I spotted no signs). Walk out the terminal at arrivals level (level 1) and take a left along the terminal (along the taxi line) at the end (about 30 meters past the end of the terminal building) you will see stairs leading down to level 0 and you spot the hotel on you left hand. If you try going left on the second level (departures) you will find that there are no steps leading down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent hotel stopover at the airport.
The hotel was first class. Excellent breakfast.
Fantastic room, the hotel was only a 5 minute shuttle to the airport.
One of the best airport hotels I have stayed in.

Was interesting to pass through security to get in the hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor were great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

New hotel with big and fresh rooms, clean andin order everything, very tasty breakfast, value for money and time. Friendly staff and sontimes you can get just perfect rate. It is 2 minutes walking from main entrance of airport.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Keresa

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Amazing hotel .. at the airport.. with sauna and gym for free... Breakfast 6 star..!! my suite was as i like.. I had the best one.. It was 40 min from the Asian side city center,, and if you have a flight the day after in the morning is the best thing to do .. to avoid the Istanbul traffic .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kurtkoy
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa - Istanbul Tuzla
Crowne Plaza Istanbul Asia
Crowne Plaza Istanbul Asia
#135 of 1,150 in Istanbul

Been to ISG Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!