Hotel Sultania
$114
  • Pool
$117
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$118
Orbitz.com
$364
3,091 results
All reviewsolive restaurantblue mosqueold cityrooftop restauranttopkapi palaceturkish delightguest relationswithin walking distancespice marketottoman styletram stopturkeyfantastic hotelbreakfast buffetperfect locationmajor attractionsgalata bridge
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Location: Well positioned between all the main tourist sites. Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and Spice Market all easy to reach by foot. Street is relatively quiet – there are some restaurants and cafés on the streets around the hotel but they make little noise.

Rooms: Spacious and decorated in a traditional Turkish style. The rooms on the fourth floor have balconies. The rooms on the fifth floor have roof terraces. We had the choice between both and decided on a balcony room – felt more spacious. There are no views from the rooms. The welcome treat of home-made Turkish Delight in a traditional copper dish was lovely. The rooms are starting to show their age but are still very nice.

Staff: A fantastic team that all speak great English and really do as much as they can to make your stay a good one. The day we checked-in, there was a group of Australians (from Cronulla) who did nothing but complain about things not worth complaining about and the staff took it in their stride and did everything to appease them.
A special mention to Hilmi who helped us with booking the car ferry which can only be done online with a Turkish credit card. He used his own card to book the ferry for us! Fantastic customer service and far beyond expected.

Facilities: There is a small gym, spa and pool in the basement level which was very nice after a long day on our feet.

Dining: Very good breakfast buffet with a mix of Western and Eastern style foods. Eggs cooked to order is always a nice touch. You can eat in the breakfast room or outside in the laneway which we did most days. The rooftop restaurant, Olive, has an incredible view of the Hagia Sophia which seems to be a bit of a secret. They don't advertise the view, just the restaurant, so that benefits hotel guests.

Summary: A very good hotel with good location and everything you need for a short stay in Instanbul.

Room Tip: The fourth floor rooms have balconies
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PJL_71
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is an exceptional hotel. The staff are unfailingly polite and helpful with every need of the traveler. The hotel is a wonderful rehabilitation of a sultan's daughters home, complete with history. The breakfast buffet is among the best I have enjoyed anywhere in the world with many items representative of Turkey. An excellent choice in the Sultanhimet for those who seek exceptional service and attention to historical renovation. I will return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fifth floor have a small balcony
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here in April 2013 for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed staying here.

From the sweets on the bed when I arrived, everything was perfect. Only had breakfast in the hotel as there are so many hotels just outside the front door. My room overlooked the street of restaurants but this was not a problem.

The reception staff were very helpful with suggestion of areas to visit on top of those already on my list. A taxi to the hotel at a discounted rate was the icing on the cake.

I would return here if I ever revisited Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We came here for our 5th wedding anniversary and spent 9 nights here (possibly the longest ever as most people do not stay sop long in Istanbul).
The room was clean, the staff friendly and everything was expected.
They organised transfers for us (costing more than a cab but that was to be expected for a private car transfer with air conditioning). We also used the gym (a little small but always empty so it didn't matter) and the spa which was very relaxing.
The breakfast were superb and the restaurant staff were always smiling and helpful.
A wonderful little hotel in the heart of all the main tourist areas - we walked almost everywhere and hardly ever used the trams.
We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The staff here is simply amazing. They care immensely about customer satisfaction and did take the time to go above and beyond to ensure that I had a wonderful experience at there hotel. The front desk manager Hilmet [sorry if I have it spelled wrong:( ] was so profession, yet personable and genuine. Suleyman is quite charismatic and made me feel very at home upon my arrival. Serap was extraordinary as she made several phone calls to my tour company when I encounter some unsavory issues and she gave me a couple complimentary treats and Istanbul experiences to uplift my stay in the city. The little things that they did made a BIG difference in my overall experience in Istanbul. I truly hope that this very beautiful decorated and sophisticated boutique hotel will continue to have top ratings, as I would love to be able to return to Istanbul for an extended stay in the near future. Thank you a million for everything...you are amazing!

Room Tip: The room was beautifully decorated, but the view was just the restaurant below. The rooms on the higher floors have better views. However, the rooms are very pretty and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo