Hotel Sultania
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
Karakoy Rooms(Istanbul)
$101
$98
Travelocity
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$253
$245
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
$439
$385
  • Pool
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$88
3,073 results
All reviewsolive restaurantblue mosqueold cityrooftop restauranttopkapi palaceturkish delightguest relationswithin walking distancespice marketottoman styletram stopturkeyfantastic hotelbreakfast buffetperfect locationmajor attractionsgalata bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I visited Istanbul in late fall 2013, when touristic season almost finished and really enjoyed staying in this hotel. The staff was extremly friendly and helpfull, breakfast was was perfect - wide choice of everything you could imagine you'd like to have for breakfast=). the holet rooms are designed in nice way of famous sultanias - every room has name. and we've got turkish dessert as a compliment from hotel upon arrival. Also I must note that location is perfect - all oold city sights are within walking distance and hotel is surrounded by restaurants with different kinds of cousine. Unfortunatelly, I hadn't time to estimate spa facilities.

Room Tip: I can't advice the room choice, in my room the sink was right in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SugarJenya
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was fortunate enough to visit Istanbul for the first time this past January. My father and I were continuing on to Kenya for Safari and decided to stop off in Istanbul for a few days. Boy am I glad we did. Neither of us knew too terribly much about Istanbul, so we decided to look on here for reviews as to where to stay. Many good things were said about The Hotel Sultania, so we opted to stay there. What an amazing choice it turned out to be. Ideally located, it is literally around the corner from The Topkapi Palace and is within walking distance of The Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sohpia (3 must sees!). Also within steps of the hotel, are several very good restaurants that not only satiated my appetite for great local cuisine but also for the atmosphere as well; outdoor tables were covered in carpets, with wonderful glass candles of every color imaginable hanging down, the cats of Istanbul popping in to say hello, and live music and dancing in the streets. I also found a wonderful carpet/silk shop a street over (behind the hotel)and before I knew it, the owner was offering freshly made tea and Turkish coffee and telling me stories for two hours, before sending me on my way with a beautiful silk scarf free of charge. The stay at the hotel was just wonderful. Serap, who works in customer service, went far and beyond her duty to ensure that our stay was nothing short of perfect. She was happy to help with maps, any questions we had, to make suggestions, to book shows for us (The Whirling Dervishes); she even presented me with a cake and small present on my Birthday. She was so kind and helpful and I will never forget my stay there thanks to her. The gentleman who cleaned our room daily was very thoughtful as well. The room was always perfect, he was there in a heartbeat if we needed anything at all, and he even left a nice display on our bed for New Year's Eve. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel, the location nor the staff. It was definitely a favorite experience of mine and I hope to return one day in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: The rooms are very comfortable. As an American however, we are accustomed to sleeping with the air on cool. This hotel does not have air conditioning, so if you are like us and would want to sleep with the window open, try to select a room on a higher floor or in the back, other wise, expect to hear the city life at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed at this brilliant hotel for 6 nights and it was a fantastic experience. The staff are amazing nothing is too much trouble, they are all polite, friendly, well informed and very welcoming. The rooms are well equipped, very comfortable, spotlessly clean and the attention to detail is delightful, every evening when we returned from our sightseeing our room had a different special touch like fresh rose petals on the bed or a selection of Turkish delight and chocolate almonds to nibble on. The location could not be better a lot of the main sights are within a few minutes walk and the tram stops at the end of the road so getting around to sights further away is effortless. There is an excellent choice available for the buffet breakfast and the chef will cook you fresh omelettes, waffles etc. We went to the Olive restaurant on the roof for our last evening in Istanbul and the food and the view were exceptional and we wished we had tried it earlier in our stay. We had the airport transfer service for our return to the airport and the driver was brilliant, some of our other taxi trips we had were a little hair raising but the hotel transfer was perfect!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor with a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 12-ski-1212
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed there with my 3 daughters in late December. The location, the rooms, the service, the food and hospitality was very good . I like to thank Ms Demet Balci and the other reception staff for their kind assistance in ensuring guest satisfaction. Great staff, great hotel in great country.

Room Tip: middle floor rooms away from the lifts are best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hadjian
Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you want to visit Istanbul we would very much like to recommend hotel Sultania. When we arrived in the evening we had a very nice welcome and a short introduction to what we could do in the city and what the hotel had to offer. We soon understood that the employees at the hotel really wished to make our stay as nice as possible. They are very professional.

Me, my wife and our oldest son had booked a family room which was spacious and nicely furnished with TV on both rooms. The breakfast is superb with lots of different food alternatives of best quality.

The Hotel is centrally placed so that you can walk to many of the great attractions and shopping areas Istanbul has to offer.

Our stay in Istanbul was such a nice experience and Hotel Sultania with its fabulous staff was absolutely one of the reasons for that.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family