“Great stay at hotel Sultania”
Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #11 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Stockton, California
“Great stay at hotel Sultania”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel Sultania is a beautiful boutique hotel, conveniently located in the center of the old city so it's close to all the main attractions such as Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern, the Topkapi Palace, the Spice Bazaar, the Grand Bazaar, Hodjapasha Culture Center, etc...

The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable though a little small. The breakfast buffet is plentiful with a good selection of hot and cold items.

I think what makes the hotel special and memorable is the staff there. They are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank purpleorchid1112

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We travel constantly and had come to Hotel Sultania after traveling for three weeks throughout Europe. We could not have been more pleased - and we are really tough customers. The rooms were really well appointed and give a real exotic flair. The service personal, one and all, added to our enjoyment in many ways; giving us valuable information, talking politics and just being plain courteous. The breakfast, not to be missed (try the omelets), was a great way to start our busy day. Also, as we quickly found out, the hotel is centrally located for seeing many of the historical sites.

On my next trip to Istanbul, as this was my first, I will only stay at Hotel Sultania - and if you think I am connected to the hotel, you're wrong. You too will sing praise for this urban oasis.

Room Tip: I've read that some people had a problem with noise - we found really taking the time to close t...
1 Thank ergo_tu
Limasol, Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We decided to choose Istanbul for a 3 day romantic stay after we got married last saturday. Sultania was chosen on the back of positive reviews, location and appealing honeymoon package they were offering on the website. During our stay, our expectations were exceeded. Attention to details, good spirits from the staff and constant readiness to help with anything made us feel very welcome. Location was perfect for daily explorations either of Istanbul sites (Blue mosque, Suleymaniye mosque, Topkapi palace, bridges ...), gigantic B(i)az(z)aars where probably Macgyvers of the world are spending their free afternoons or just searching for a good restaurant.

The best thing, however, was always knowing that there is a nice, super comfortable room waiting for us very close by, with friendly employees just waiting to share their views on Basketball stars or life in general.

We will return for sure, good job guys at Sultania.

1 Thank Toni J
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I recently spent 4 days at the Sultania and what a great choice in hotels, my wife was very happy
as on check in, the staff helped book private tours, advice on where to go and generally bent over backwards to welcome you. The themed rooms were roomy and surprisingly stylish generally clean with a welcoming turkish delight left on the bed. The hotel is right in the middle of old Istanbul and easy walking distance to the main attractions. The only downside is there is noise from the street but we enjoyed the sound enimating from the crowds. Breakfast is a highlight with a chef on hand to do eggs or pancakes. The rooftop restaurant was brilliant and a must do.
The pool and spa are only average but you will not spend time around pool with so much to do and see. Overall a great hotel with brilliant staff I hope they keep up the effort as I am already planning to come back.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

A friend recommended the Sultania for a one night stay at the end of a cruise.
Convenient for the top sites but in a small pedestrian area, the hotel lacked for nothing. Small gripes were the size of the lift and the lighting quality in the rooms.(not bright enough in the right places).
The staff and the level of personal service were really exceptional in this day and age of chain hotels
Good value for money and highly recommended

Room Tip: Try the honeymoon suite with the mirror on the ceiling
1 Thank tony p
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed there in my last night in Istanbul. I had tried to stay there before but it had no free rooms. So I was more than happy when my travel agency said they finally could book a night! I was not disappointed. It's a beautiful Hotel, with friendly staff near restaurants and shops. Reading this it may seem that the noise could be heard in the room. Not at all. We had a peaceful night. After a long walking journey through the beautiful city of Istanbul it was wonderful not having to search for a restaurant. Facing the Hotel there are plenty. We tried the restaurant in front of main Hotel's entrance and enjoyed both the food and the staff. Oh, and we adored Istanbul!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Excellent hotel, excellent personnel, excellent situation of the hotel near Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue mosque etc. Extremely convenient place with no taking-breath hills etc.
I stayed 5 nights in this hotel with my mother (83 years old!) 1st September 2012 to 6 September 2012.
These guys could not have given me better rooms, 1407 and 1408, connected rooms.
They made me a last minute surprise by telling me that they will not charge me for the king-size bed (I had not asked for anything)
The personnel is there for you and they make you feel <unique>. I was surpised that as soon as we arrived at the reception they asked me <how was my transfer from the airport and if I had any comments>. They told me also that <you are the boss here, tell us what you want>.
Great welcome with cakes and fruits and coffee or tea.

From Tulay, the sales manager, with whom I had the first email contact for the reservation to Birgul who was with really a lot of enthusiasm making our rooms passing from the reception personnel Ramazan, Kahraman, Ayhan reaching the girls and the gentleman at the Spa center (sorry, I could not retain their names), everybody was just perfect and above all, warm and friendly and smily!
Sorry I forgot the waiters in the Olive restaurant where we were taking our breakfast. Great people. My mother and I enjoyed particularly the <gauffres> and the omelettes that this young man was doing for us with his warm glance, patience and smile. (sorry, again, cannot remember all the names). Very hospitable people and very generous.

Oh my God, I have almost forgotten the big surprise.
On 5th September coming back to the hotel from the Pera (Taksim) square, we found a birthday cake! with some more cups for tea and coffee. It was my birthday date and they had found this out from my passport. My mother could not believe in her eyes and I was very very touched!

In a few days I will put my photos online and you could admire the artist of the hotel, Birgul

I chose this hotel using the Tripadvisor for the first time and I wish to thank all of you who have contributed, through your comments, to the gift which I organized for my mother.

I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: 4th floor have french balconies !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family