“Great service and accomodations”
Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #9 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The family room was great for a family of 4. Hotel's location was excellent and allowed us to walk to everything. The restaurant was great (dinners and breakfast buffet - the children loved the mezze). Would definitely stay here again as the excellent service the staff provided was what made this hotel stand out. Kids very much enjoyed the pool at the end of the day (even if it was very small).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylvikins
Write a ReviewReviews (2,983)

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I don't get all the outstanding reviews for this hotel.

True, there are a lot of positives. The hotel is in a great location. Some of the rooms are very nice, with fun decorations. The showers are very hot and have excellent water pressure. The complimentary airport transfers picked us up and dropped us off again with no problems.

But....

Our group had two rooms. One was very nice, just like in the pictures on the website. The second was airless box with minimal decoration. There was one small window which looked directly into the laundry chute. There was no natural light.

The breakfast was terrible. It looked nice, but the bread was stale and all the hot food was cold. Each time we had to wait until almost the end of our meal to be offered any coffee.

The staff were mostly superficially pleasant. Some (like the waiters in the bistro) were very nice. The rest were clearly just going through the motions and wished we would leave them alone. At no point were we complaining or asking anything difficult, but the looks of contempt they gave us will not be forgotten.

Also, when we went to breakfast on our final day (well before check out time), we returned to our room to discover housekeeping in the room trying to kick us out.

I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
14  Thank Cortunefookie
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is a lovely boutique+ hotel in a first class location. Ideal for the main attractions. Has a great spa and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Rooms have a lovely individual feel and we were staying in a cheaper room on a great deal.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The location is fabulous, close to all the major sights, and within walking distance of the bazaars, and Galata bridge. Very nice breakfast. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was a trifle small, with no view, however, it had a Hamam style shower, which was interesting. Next time, I'd probably prefer a terrace and a view, and repeat my visit to a real hamam, which was fun.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LA12345
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed at the Hotel Sultania last month (August 2011) for 4 nights.We have enjoyed our time in here,the room is very comfortable and had a lovely bathroom with powerful hot shower and also very friendly service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great hotel in an excellent location with some of the most beautiful rooms I had the pleasure to stay in.

Would be 5 stars except they forgot the promised pickup in the airport (we waited for 45 min before taking a taxi) and checkin/checkout was very slow. But everybody was super friendly all the time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank johans057
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Sultania for five nights on a motorbike tour around South-East Europe. This was definitely the best hotel I stayed at during my tour, but, admittedly, it was also the most expensive one.

The hotel has a very nice location in the Sultanahmet district, with easy access by foot or tram to many places of interest, and surrounded by lots of restaurants. The hotel's own roof-top restaurant, Olive, was rather good, and it provides excellent panoramic views over the city.

The room rate included a rich breakfast buffet that offered a wide variety of dishes, and the selection was different each day. This must have been one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had.

A fitness room and a swimming pool were at guests' disposal free of charge. Sauna, hammam, and massage were available for extra fee. The sauna was all right, but, in my opinion, the water in the swimming pool was much too warm for a refreshing effect.

The hotel has a small garage, but I was told there was not any room for my motorbike. I was advised to leave my motorbike on the pavement where it was visible from the reception. It looked rather a safe location.

The hotel staff was outstanding. Especially the people at the front desk were extremely professional and courteous, made me feel welcome and accommodated my every request. Whenever I entered the lobby, they greeted me politely and, unless busy with other guests, they entered into a friendly little chat about good food, motorbikes or my continuous adventures.

I can recommend this hotel without reservations. I would stay here if I travelled again to Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo