Open today: 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful towels, even more wonderful people!

guys, there are tons of towel merchants in Istanbul, but Jennifer's really is a gem. The prices are... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Madison R
Beautiful things, reasonable prices, and supporting local artisans

We visited Jennifer's in October 2018. The folks in the little shop in the Arista Bazaar tooks us... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
m2corbett
San Francisco, California

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $114.70
from $27.80
from $28.00
More Info
All reviews canadian flag organic cotton arasta bazaar bath towels hand woven turkish materials dying art beautiful products meet jennifer silk scarves turkish families shopping experience turkey high quality products fixed price lonely planet wraps
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Thank you, Jennifer.
Jennifer’s Hamam has obviously done a study of the Turkish textile industry, and has identified nine families of weavers that produce quality products.Everything in Jennifer’s shops is Turkish workmanship, made with Turkish materials, on old-style shuttled looms. These products are special and have exceptional aesthetic value. Jennifer and her staff took the time to explain the weaving process, how the cotton is grown, and the importance of textiles to the Turkish culture. His English is perfect and he knows all about the local culture and attractions. Highly recommend visit if you want to take home real Turkish towels!We will be back!

JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your lovely words of praise and for taking the time to share them with the world. Your review has a profound affect on the livelihoods of the families we work with. This means that YOU are making an incredible difference!!! I and especially the weavers, who never have a chance to thank you in person, applaud your efforts. Without people like yourself, these artisans do not have a means of making a living with their art, so you must pat yourself on the back and feel good that you have truly made a difference with your words.
We look forward to your next visit to Istanbul and hope you will stop by again to see what's new in Jennifer's Hamam.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were recommended Jennifer's Hamam by a friend and were delighted by her fabulous selection of towels, robes and scarfs. My husband is extremely tall and finds it hard to buy bathrobes that fit him, however Jennifer had the perfect fit. The shop is a welcome relief from the heat outside and both Jennifer and her shop assistant were extremely helpful and knowledgeable, explaining how her products come from some of the few remaining weaving families. All her products are Turkish workmanship using Turkish materials and made on old style shuttled looms. I could have bought everything but settled on 4 towels and a bathrobe, which are soaking in our bath as I write this and can't wait to use them. If you're in Istanbul and want a welcome relief from the bustle of the grand bazaar, I would thoroughly recommend a trip to Arasta Bazaar and to Jennifer's Hamam

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your words have a profound affect on the lively-hoods of the artisans/families that we work with. Without you, the art of weaving would die in Turkey. I, but especially the weavers thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support and patronage. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having just stepped out of a real Turkish Bath, we were delighted to find Jennifer's Hamam in Istanbul's Arasta Bazaar. We loved the quality of the towels. And learning about the rebirth of hand-looming from Jennifer and her knowledgeable staff made it a great experience for our family. We bought several towels and a blanket. And they also showed us how easy it was to tie these towels to wear as beautiful scarves. Rarely do you find such attention. At first I was hesitant because there were no prices marked.. but clearly they were fair for great quality and we knew we were supporting the rebirth of a near lost art. Look for the Canadian Flag in the window!

In our busy world today, so many things go unnoticed. YOU took the time to listen, notice and make a real difference in the life of many weaving artisans by making the effort to write this review. I, but more importantly the weavers thank you for your patronage and your support because without you, the art of weaving would die in Turkey and all the people that make the beautiful, quality items you purchased would no longer have a livelihood. Be proud of yourself, because you are part of the big picture. Thank you!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Came here after reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. Multitudes of towels and other hamam essentials here. Hassan was manning the shop we visited (one of 3 in the bazaar) and was helpful and gracious. I walked away with 5 towels and 2 keseh. You do get what you pay for- prices are not cheap (20 Lira for a keseh vs. 5 I saw elsewhere) but the quality is much much better. If you are looking for a bargain this is not the place. If you are looking for quality goods give this place a go.

Thank you for your lovely words of praise and for taking the time to share them with the world. Your words have a profound affect and the livelihoods of the families we work with. Without people like yourself, these artisans would not have a means of making a living with their art and the art itself would die. Although they never get a chance to meet people like you, they are always asking that I pass on their appreciation and thanks. YOU are making a difference!!
We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was here a few months ago. My husband bought a bathrobe.It is comfortable. After getting home and wearing it not that many times the fabric on it started coming apart. Given the cost of this bathrobe this was disappointing. I found the prices here to be expensive. I also found it challenging that they did not mark prices on the items. Since they have fixed prices...it would be easier than asking the price of each individual item. I started asking the prices but after awhile I grew tired of this and just gave up.

JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Susan,

So sorry you experienced a problem with one of our items. We are always happy to assist people in these situations, but you must write to us directly at our e-mail; if you do so, I'll be happy to rectify the problem.

Best regards,