Open today: 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful towels, even more wonderful people!

guys, there are tons of towel merchants in Istanbul, but Jennifer's really is a gem. The prices are... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Madison R
Beautiful things, reasonable prices, and supporting local artisans

We visited Jennifer's in October 2018. The folks in the little shop in the Arista Bazaar tooks us... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
m2corbett
San Francisco, California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Istanbul
from $45.00
from $34.70
from $39.00
More Info
All reviews canadian flag organic cotton arasta bazaar bath towels hand woven turkish materials dying art beautiful products meet jennifer silk scarves turkish families shopping experience turkey high quality products fixed price lonely planet wraps
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having just stepped out of a real Turkish Bath, we were delighted to find Jennifer's Hamam in Istanbul's Arasta Bazaar. We loved the quality of the towels. And learning about the rebirth of hand-looming from Jennifer and her knowledgeable staff made it a great experience for our family. We bought several towels and a blanket. And they also showed us how easy it was to tie these towels to wear as beautiful scarves. Rarely do you find such attention. At first I was hesitant because there were no prices marked.. but clearly they were fair for great quality and we knew we were supporting the rebirth of a near lost art. Look for the Canadian Flag in the window!

Date of experience: June 2013
JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

In our busy world today, so many things go unnoticed. YOU took the time to listen, notice and make a real difference in the life of many weaving artisans by making the effort to write this review. I, but more importantly the weavers thank you for your patronage and your support because without you, the art of weaving would die in Turkey and all the people that make the beautiful, quality items you purchased would no longer have a livelihood. Be proud of yourself, because you are part of the big picture. Thank you!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Came here after reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. Multitudes of towels and other hamam essentials here. Hassan was manning the shop we visited (one of 3 in the bazaar) and was helpful and gracious. I walked away with 5 towels and 2 keseh. You do get what you pay for- prices are not cheap (20 Lira for a keseh vs. 5 I saw elsewhere) but the quality is much much better. If you are looking for a bargain this is not the place. If you are looking for quality goods give this place a go.

Date of experience: July 2013

Thank you for your lovely words of praise and for taking the time to share them with the world. Your words have a profound affect and the livelihoods of the families we work with. Without people like yourself, these artisans would not have a means of making a living with their art and the art itself would die. Although they never get a chance to meet people like you, they are always asking that I pass on their appreciation and thanks. YOU are making a difference!!
We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was here a few months ago. My husband bought a bathrobe.It is comfortable. After getting home and wearing it not that many times the fabric on it started coming apart. Given the cost of this bathrobe this was disappointing. I found the prices here to be expensive. I also found it challenging that they did not mark prices on the items. Since they have fixed prices...it would be easier than asking the price of each individual item. I started asking the prices but after awhile I grew tired of this and just gave up.

Date of experience: May 2013
JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Susan,

So sorry you experienced a problem with one of our items. We are always happy to assist people in these situations, but you must write to us directly at our e-mail; if you do so, I'll be happy to rectify the problem.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I had heard good things about Jennifer's Haman and after our experience there, we were not disappointed. The quality of her products is second to none. The staff were knowledgeable and kind with no pressure to buy. (Shout out to Hassan!)The pressure comes from within because of the variety of beautiful products and excellent quality - it's tough to buy just one item! Towels, scarves, soaps, robes, and more. The prices are fixed, up front and very reasonable. The designs, colours and attention to detail are also very impressive - it was a refreshingly pleasant shopping experience. The towel I purchased for my self will be passed down through my family for generations it's so well made! We also met Jennifer and she was so pleasant to chat with. As many reviewers have noted - Jennifer has a very cool and inspiring story. She has established relationships with local Turkish weavers and craftspeople in order to run an ethical and community based business, which provides authentic, original and quality driven products. She is a fair-minded and compassionate businesswoman with a strong sense of what people are looking for in the products she sells. Our experience in Jennifer's Haman was a highlight of our trip and we can't wait to go back for more! JHF (Jennifer's Hamam Forever!)

Date of experience: June 2013

Thank you for your lovely words of praise and for taking the time to share them with the world. Your review has a profound affect on the livelihoods of the families we work with. This means that YOU are making an incredible difference!!! I and especially the weavers, who never have a chance to thank you in person, applaud your efforts. Without people like yourself, these artisans do not have a means of making a living with their art, so you must pat yourself on the back and feel good that you have truly made a difference with your words.
We look forward to your next visit to Istanbul and hope you will stop by again to see what's new in Jennifer's Hamam.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had read good things about Jennifer's Hamam in several sources so decided to check it out myself. There are 3 shops in Arasta Bazaar behind the Blue Mosque in Sultanahmet that are being knocked off - badly -- by merchants who sell machine or foreign made towels. Look for the Canadian flag in the window for Jennifer's shops. Stick with her - a warm and knowing Canadian whose products are first-rate and authentic. Bargaining is shunned there which works for those of us who become overwhelmed by feeling no matter how well we do we're still being ripped off. Not here. Everything I purchased was of high quality and certified by Jennifer as made by local Turkish weavers. Check out the website and you can even find a Youtube video starring Jennifer that was taken by one if her patrons if you want to get a better idea about the products. The towels, robes, and scarves are wonderful and there's choices for every taste. Leave room in your luggage or be prepared to carry an extra handbag that they will give you if you buy a lot of heavy items. Jennifer also introduced me to a rug dealer (some bargaining expected) who added my purchases from her shop to the rug that I bought from him that was too heavy to carry and he mailed everything together. My excellent guide, who made me a bit skittish about buying a rug from a shop he didn't know, turned out to be over cautious (or perhaps interested in his own recommendation). Everything arrived as promised, very timely, and I was thrilled with my purchases. I especially love the thin cotton robes and scarves that are nice for moderately warm weather. Sorry I didn't buy more. Go there - you won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2013

I and especially the weavers would like to thank you for your efforts to share your experience with the world. These artisans are completely reliant on your word of mouth advertising to help spread the word about their world. Although they never have a chance to meet you, they are constantly asking me to thank all the wonderful people who visit our shop and appreciate the quality of the products they make. Thank you so much for your patronage and support.