“Love the quality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jennifer's Hamam

Jennifer's Hamam
Ranked #2 of 534 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The only company in country working directly with the last families of weavers, making the best quality towels, pestamel, bedcovers, robes, linens, table covers, etc. From only the best quality GOTS certified Turkish cotton, linen and silk. A must see for textile lovers.
Sydney, Australia
“Love the quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visited Istanbul in August 2012 and having read the reviews i made sure i visited Jennifer's Hamam. The linen they sell is of beautiful design and very high quality. Jennifer herself wasn't there at the time but the staff were very helpful and assisted us with our choices and also the shipping back home to Australia. I am now back in contact ordering more over the internet. The bath robe i purchased i have worn every day since - cant get enough! Would highly recommend.

Visited August 2012
JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
In our busy world today, so many things go unnoticed. YOU took the time to listen, notice and make a real difference in the life of many weaving artisans by making the effort to write this review. I, but more importantly the weavers thank you for your patronage and your support because without you, the art of weaving would die in Turkey and all the people that make the beautiful, quality items you purchased would no longer have a livelihood. Be proud of yourself, because you are part of the big picture. Thank you!!

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Quality products at excellent prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Happened to come across Jennifer's website when researching a trip to Istanbul - so very glad that I did as our tour leader was eager to include a visit to the store as part of our trip - thank you Bucket List Travel Adventures!
It was a pleasure to speak with Jennifer and learn about the research and processes involved in creating such wonderful products. I just wish I had more room in my suitcase to bring more of it home! Can't wait to start using the soap - wonderful flavours such as cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon, lavender. The multi-functional towels can be used for many different uses - as a scarf, tablecloth, etc. come in a multitude of colours and textures. The Hamam that Jennifer recommended to us was a 'real' experience - a must do when in Istanbul - there were 6 of us ladies and we had a ball!
Great to meet you Jennifer, I will be back!

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A Canadian-owned business in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have just visited Jennifer's Hamam for the second time and it won't be the last. A very nice lady with the most amazing quality towels. Great to see a fellow Canadian doing so well in Turkey. Looking forward to my next visit. I'm already thinking about what I'll buy next...

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your review and the effort it took to write and post it. Your comments and praise assist this dying breed of artisans in a way that you can never imagine. Their appreciation of these kind words will never be heard by you personally, but they constantly tell me to pass their thanks and gratefulness onto people just like you. Thank you for your support and patronage. We hope you'll visit the shop again soon.
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great quality, great service at a fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I read about Jennifer's hamam on trip advisor. It was a bit difficult to find the Arasta Bazaar but we were happy we searched for it! What a great shop with tons of gems. We got 2 big organic Turkish towels, plus a smaller one. Fantastic quality. We also got 2 pestamels, 1 kese, one metal bowl and a piece of Pumice. We got all of that for 500 TL.
In Europe, you can't find this quality at that price. On top I feel great about the values of Jennifer's business.
I almost regret to not have bought more items.
Do not miss this shop during your stay in Istanbul!

1 Thank 1974isa
JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Weaving is a dying art in Turkey. We are the only company in the country that supports these last artisans, but without YOU, we mean nothing.
The time you have taken to share your wonderful positive comments affects the lives of hundreds of weaving artisans.
It is a rare thing to make a mark, a difference in todays world and you have done it with sharing your opinion. I and especially the weavers thank you and appreciate you more than you'll ever know. We look forward to your next visit in Istanbul.
In the meantime if you have anything to share with us, questions, comments, news or otherwise, please feel free to contact us at jennifershamam@gmail.com
All feedback is important to us; it assists us to continuously strive to improve ourselves.
Thank you!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great quality! A must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We are so glad we took up other travelers’ suggestion and stopped in at Jennifer’s Hamam in Istanbul! Not only were Jennifer and her assistant friendly and helpful, but they were so knowledgeable on Turkish textiles. We absolutely love the handmade towels we bought as gifts and for ourselves. They are of superb quality and are perfectly versatile. It’s great to see the support for local families and a dying Turkish craft. You must stop by Jennifer’s Hamam while on your trip!

Visited February 2013
JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
I and especially the weavers appreciate all your efforts to get the word out about the wonderful quality this dying breed of artisans create. Without YOU! this art and this level of quality textiles would completely disappear from Turkey. Thank you so much for your patronage. We look forward to your next visit.