“Nice staff, good location and close to the heart of crowd”

City By Molton Hotels
Ranked #949 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice staff, good location and close to the heart of crowd”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Its located about 5min from istiglal caddesi (main street) in taksim. So you can walk at nights and feel the nightlife of taksim. close to the morroccon street and nice pubs around.
there is a construction going on close to hotel but it was not an issue. For those who are sensitive to the sound then its better to stay on the top levels. In general the sound is usual thing in taksim and wherever you go you are not going to skip from him unless you decide to stop in Sultanahmed area.
I like to open windows while sleeping so the only disadvantage was back side rooms of hotel where its not recommended to open the windows. however for those are ok sleeping using AC its recommended as there is no sound issues.

Room Tip: try to select front view and upper floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PeraTulipHotel, Manager at City By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Tulip City and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

Our hotel is very centralized and near to all historic and modern places to visit.

We would like to accommodate you in our lovely hotel for your next visit to Istanbul.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
Reviewed October 24, 2013

only a 5 min walk from vibrant istiklal street, taksim and metro station, excellent location
but small rooms though clean and well equipped, wifi on and off (not very quick)
the food (break-fast) is also good, would recommend: good value for money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Tulip city Hotel.I was delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable.

we look forward to welcoming you back.
We truly appreciate your positive feedback

Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The location is good, near istiklal cd and taksim place. the staff is very friendly and helpful. But the rooms are small, I was in a room near the bar, it's impossible to sleep especially in the week-end. the breakfast is correct.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SIHAME701
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.

Operation Manager

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The location is excellent, near finicular and then the tram to go to sultan ahmet. You can even go There by walk. Alestiklal avenue is 100 m . The food is good. you have to avoid rooms 04 because we are disturbed by the noise of air conditioner

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem with AC voice. We fixed the problem.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Houston
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Only spent one night here and everything was fine. Small room was not unexpected No smoking room was quite obviously not. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was fine. Wifi was excellent. Overall, a decent place in a good location for one or two nights ... don't think I'd go for any longer.

Room Tip: Construction going on across the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you didn't satisfy becouse of your room was small. Just some of our rooms are small. Please send me e-mail and I will pre bloke your room for next time.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Rooms Are a Little Bit small but the Location is Great. So Little nice Restaurants and Shops around. Nearby istiklal cd. The rooms could be a Little Bit cleaner, but it was ok. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Take a room in the Upper floors. Nice view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you so much for your comments.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 4, 2013

At first sight the hotel hall looks absolutely stunning but as soon as you move into the rooms you'll find yourself squeezed in few square meters!...still fine so far, I adapt very quickly.
What is really frustrating about this hotel is the poor quality services!
I was in Istanbul for a short weekend for a wedding. I didn't have much time so I tried to concentrate many things together, this included having lunch and dinner from room service.
Don't be fooled by the room service!!! they simply don't know what it is!! the first day after all the sightseeing I was tired and I had a party to go so I ordered dinner from room service. After waiting forever I got the wrong course! Nice, so as it was late I skipped dinner and went to the party.
The next morning I went sightseeing again as the wedding was only in the early afternoon so once back to the hotel I ordered lunch from service again ( I had to get ready quickly). What happened was the photocopy of the previous day, I order grilled chicken breast without cheese (quite fool proof) but I got chicken breast covered in cheese and as I'm dairy intolerant I had to skip lunch. AGAIN, I couldn't believe it!! I could have ordered another course or simply re-order the chicken but as they delivered the first course after 45 minutes I didn't have time anymore. I fastened for more or less 24 hours. I was literally starving. Needless to say the staff was really really unhelpful. Not only didn't they try to find a solution but also their English was SO poor that communication was really out of question. Hello this is 2013, 4-star hotel, I expect the staff to be able to speak English and to deal with customers' problems.
The nightmare hadn't finished yet. The day after I was finally heading home. There is a nice computer/internet station in the hall...pity though that 2 computers out of 3 don't work. When I finally got the working one I had the bad idea of doing the online check-in. The printer didn't work and I couldn't print my boarding card. I started panicking!! In the meantime the taxi had also arrived. After a good 15 minutes one of the guy from the reception managed to print the boarding card by copying the file on a memory stick and printing it from the reception printer. What a nightmare!
I travel a lot but I've never encountered so many problems in once and a very unhelpful staff.
I highly recommend to AVOID this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank marina d
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at City By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Madam,

I was disappointed to hear that you had a bed experience during your stay. I am very sorry for all the service error you faced. We did immediate meeting over your mentioned things and responsible waiter has been fired from his job.

We aim to guest satisfaction and things are not acceptable.