“Not Bad...”

Ranked #950 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Lisbon, Portugal
“Not Bad...”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed in tulip city taksim from 1 to 8 September 2011.

In the check in the front desk man told us that we had a twin room. In my reservation (7 months before) I ask for a double room, not twin. And one week before we arrive in Istanbul I send them an email to confirm my book and to remember that I reserve a double room. The front desk man solve our problem and changed us for a double room. But when we were taking the elevator he called us e told us that we cannot change that night, ask us for the room key that he already gave us and put us again on the first room that we were, a twin room. I didn't understand why because he had already change us for a double room wich is available, for those nights. When I asked him why he told me that they didn't have doble rooms for everybody that ask for it and told me to go there again in the next day that they'll change us.

When we arrive they gave us a twin horrible room. To go to this room we had to go downstairs, pass for the breakfast area and then take the elevator to the second floor. The room smells very badly as all the entire area of this room block. It smells someting like dirty. The bed clothes smells badly too. The room door had a hole/ space between the floor and the door. It had space to put my feet there.

Next morning I was prepared to claim for another room because I was very disapointed with the room that we had. When I asked for another room they told me that there was no problem to change us. We changed for a room on the 6 floor and to go to this room we didn't need to make that strange way (go to the breakfast area and then take the elevator) for this room the elevator was right in the reception.

The second room was much better than the first one at least not anymore dirty smell. It seemed clean. It was a small room and next to the elevator and we heard the opening and closing elevator noise all the time but anything would be better than the first room!

After that it was ok. It was not so good that it seems on the photos and was a bit overpriced but it's ok...

The breakfast is ok, not many variety. The girl that works in the breakfast area, the one who offers coffe all the time is very kind (she's the only one that talk english in the breakfast area).

The spa area is ok, a bit small but it was never full. Most of the time was just us (two people).

They have a great terrace which is also a club during some nights: be awared that Hotel's guests can go for free.

We have to thank to the receptionists - Erkan and another girl (I don't remember her name) who is very kind and talks a perfect english.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
PeraTulipHotel, General Manager at City By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem with your room. Can you please specify by e-mail that you would like to have frendh bed room with your preferences and e-mail directly to me om@tulipcitytaksim.com for next time and I will pre arrange your room.
We had meeting with departments about smell problem from your first room. Smell came from pipe system.
We resolved the problem.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed December 22, 2011

After few nights at Best Point in old Istanbul, we wanted to come to the other side of Europe to discover more closely the great nightlife available on that side of the city and Tulip City was great to feel that atmosphere.

A lot of young people in that hotel, nice decor, clean rooms and very convenient.

Nice breakfast, great location.
Definitly advise to go there to discover the new Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timandyuki
Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our lovely hotel.
We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Office Manager
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The Tulip City Hotel is located in Istanbul's vibrant Taksim neighborhood, a hot spot for the city's restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Istiklal Street, the city's best-known pedestrian mall, is just two blocks away, while Taksim Square, Istanbul's equivalent of New York's Times Square, is just a few minutes away on foot. Taksim Square is also a major urban transportation hub for the city's subway and trams, allowing easy access to all of the major tourism attractions within minutes. A few blocks from the hotel is the historical Galata Tower, while the Pera Palace, the city's best-known classic hotel and site of the Oriental Bar, a favorite watering hole of Hemigway, Dietrich and Jackie O, is located down the block. As you can see, the location is the hotel's biggest asset, though its funky lobby decor and cozy spa are also pluses. Rooms are on the small side, as they are everywhere in Europe, but have all the necessary amenities. Breakfast is included in the rate, with a good selection of European and Middle Eastern dishes represented in the buffet. Though the hotel's restaurant is not particularly special, restaurant selections in the immediate vicinity are many and varied. On the negative side, the staff is not particularly friendly or helpful. Watch out for the lady who works in the kitchen and seems to take particular pleasure in taking down the breakfast buffet at 10:20am, though it closes at 10:30am, or the waiters who appear unenthused. If you ignore the staff's aloofness --and they are likely to ignore you too-- then the Tulip City Taksim is a great choice for business and leisure travelers to one of the world's most exciting cities.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great water views of the Golden Horn, though you must request a room facing the s...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that about breakfast to be taken early. We had meeting with kitchen stuff and thay have been warned. You can be sure It will not nappen again.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.

Oslo
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Nice jacuzzi, next to a very nice zone for going out walking. cool decoration.
breakfast was ok.
My floor was a little loud, some people running, but overall very good, and the people at the reception where very helfull.

Room Tip: there is no swimming pool, just the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Tulip City Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I have stayed only one night in Tulip City Hotel during my trip to Turkey. I have selected this hotel because of the perfect location, minutes away from shopping street Istiklal Caddesi, 15 min from Taksim Square and within walking distance to all gay party places in this area.

Hotel provides valet car parking free of charge. When I arrived my car was taken and parked by hotel staff. When you enter hotel's lobby you can see that this is something special, unusual and unique, but in a very nice way. Mix of weird lamps, mirrors, metal elements, glass and furniture. Really great design. Check-in was quick, professional and efficient.

My room was a little bit too small and with two beds (I've booked double) and quite dark. Again nicely designed, fancy and chique, but you cannot see that properly - lightning is absolutely terrible and room is far too dark. The same with bathroom. That would be so much nicer experience if you could see all these pieces properly.
Room was equipped with easy and quiet air condition, flat-screen TV, safety deposit box, kettle & selection of tees/coffees and mini-bar (acceptable prices).
Free Wi-Fi Internet access is provided, password given at the time of checking-in. Good, constant connection.
Bathroom was too dark, but spotless clean. Good quality toiletries and fresh towels provided.

In the morning buffet breakfast was served downstairs. Great selection of local cheeses, fruits, snacks, bread and other meals. I just hated artificial squash drink instead of juice.

I have to admit, that staff in the hotel was always very helpful and was dealing with me with natural smile and professional way. Even after check-in, when I was waiting for my car... It took a little bit longer, because hotel's driver crashed my car... I know that accidents happen, but they should be more careful. They sort it out with my car rental company, but it cost me additional 2-3 hours together, which was a little bit inconvenient. But as I said - they did their best and I appreciate that. Hopefully that will not happen again.

Even with that not pleasant last experience, I would come back to this hotel as it was really great and comfortable place to stay. Fantastic location, trendy design, helpful staff and good price - that's why my rating score is 4+. I didn't use additional facilities like hammed (I had some other accident earlier), but I've heard it's worth to visit as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank marqoos_pl
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.
We will take care of lighteing in the room.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My best friend & I stayed here for 2 nights in October- what a fabulous place! We were both a bit suspicious as we'd just booked off the internet and the photos of the naked statues made me unsure..I was completely wrong! It is a fun, funky place to stay in a central location. Just two mins walk to Galatasary shopping streets- has lovely traditional breakfast with a cute sauna and hammam downstairs. For the price, I'd definitely recommend if you want to be close to all the main bars and restaurants. Rooms were clean and I was highly amused to find a condom in the fridge mini bar ! The staff are helpful and the lobby has free internet available at all times which is useful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our hotel.
We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

LEBANON
Reviewed November 28, 2011

the hotel has excellent location, and great service,
but watch out for the traffic during the week end!
the rooms are bit small, with bad lightning, and a lot of colors,
but very clean.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Tuliphotels, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at City By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our hotel.We appreciate for taking time to share your feedback. Your opinion is important for us. Hope to see you again.

TULİP CİTY HOTEL