“A pleasure at any time”

Ranked #38 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Vienna, Austria
“A pleasure at any time”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed there for a week and it was a pleasure. Especially I would like to emphasise the active support and helpfulness of the personnel!
Another highlight was the breakfast buffet with fresh herbs and delicious rose jam!
... and the location is unbeatable.

• Stayed February 2014
sabasultan, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Saba Sultan Otel, responded to this review, August 9, 2016
Dear BernadetteTe,

Many thanks for taking time to express your compliments of The Saba Sultan Hotel, based on your stay.
I am delighted to learn that you had such a lovely time here and that the staff was able to assist you with whatever you need.We are doing our best to make sure, you are having best holiday.
Also, I am really happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast.Even now, we are making fresh pancakes and omeletes everymorning according to your wishes.

GUest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very polite and helpful staff (all speak very good English) with cosy and clean rooms (ours had a beautiful view of the Bosphorus); buffet breakfast has a good selection with local produce; above all: the hotel is within walking distance of all of the Sultanahmet landmarks.

Dear Rafal L,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.
It is wonderful to see that you had a lovely time with us.
Great to read your comments on the staff.
We take great pride in ensuring that each guest has a memorable stay and it makes us very happy when we see our guests leaving with a smile on their faces as you did.
I am thrilled to learn that you found your room to be clean and cosy.These are personally cleaning by my executive housekeeper whom I already shared your feedback.
And I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast.Even now, we are making fresh pancakes and omeletes every morning according to your wishes.
When I read your review, I realized that our efforts are not wasted.
Thanks being the one of the best cusmoter.
When you are here, We felt like you are one of us.
You are always welcome.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice rooms, friendly staff and perfect location near by all sigthseeing highlights.
Also the hotel has a small roof top with an amazing view. A lot of restaurants are near by the hotel.
I definitely recommend the saba sultan hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
sabasultan, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Saba Sultan Otel, responded to this review, November 10, 2016
Dear La M,

Thank you for taking time to express your compliments.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoy to stay with us.
It is great to read that you found your room to be nice.
We designed it for your comfort and ease.
It is lovely to see that the staff was able to assist you with whatever you need.
As you mentioned with in your review, we are indeed, exceptionally lucky to be located right in the very heart of Istanbul.
We know, it is been long time but if you come to Istanbul, we will be glad to see you here again.
We wish for you to think of Saba Sultan as a home away from home.
Welcome to Saba Sultan Family.

Best Regards From Istanbul.
Guest Relation Manager.
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed February 17, 2014

A very nice hotel at a great location within a short walking distance to the so called "must see's" of istanbul...at night the street is very quiet so no problems with good sleeping... if you flight goes to sabiha gockan and you travell budget ( bus an metro from airport) you need about 1 1/2 hours. ask for a airport shuttle...staff is very friendly and will help you....attention if you party at beyoglu the best place to have a great night in istanbul you must know the is no late night tram...walking distance from centre beayouglu to hotel about 30-45 min....we walked it twice so ists ok ;-)

Dear SmiDizzle,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are delighted to hear that you found our location to be great.
We are exceptionally lucky to be situated in such a fantastic location.
And I am soo happy to read that you took the adventage of it.
I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Saba Sultan.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

A very nice hotel at a great location as many of the main attractions are within a short walking distance. The staff was very very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a marvelous roof top. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Doctor S,

Thank you for taking time to express your compliments.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoy to stay with us.
We wish for you to think of Saba Sultan as a home away from home.
Welcome to Saba Sultan Family.

Best Regards From Istanbul.
Guest Relation Manager.
Tervuren, Belgium
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This small, familiar hotel has a perfect location near the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Topkapi, Grand Bazaar, ... The rooms are very clean and all renewed, all staff is very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed every breakfast. Hotel Saba Sultan is certainly highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear ElenaWolfs,

We are really lucky to be situated in such a perfect location and it's nice to see that you took the adventage of it.
I am really happy to read that you found your room to be clean.These are personally cleaning by my executive housekeeper whom I already shared your feedback.
But our hotel is quiet new.Saba Sultan is 6 years old , not renewed.
Also, lovely to know that the staff was able to assist you with whatever you need.
We are doing our best to make sure that you are having best holiday.
I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast.Even now, we are making fresh pancakes every morning according to your wishes.
Thanks for your high recommendation.
All the team is looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Istanbul.

Pristina, Kosovo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this charming little boutique hotel for 5 nights over Christmas. I had never been to Istanbul before (and may never get another chance) so wanted to make sure to see the major sites: Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, the Cistern and be close to Sultanahmet and transportation to get to Taksim and the ferries to the Asian side. The hotel was a great location for a travel base. The staff, which all spoke great English, was attentive and helpful. The desk staff often helped me route my daily excursions. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. Lots of delicious choices including honeycomb, fruits, pastries, yogurt. I had read reviews of the hotel before booking and knew that the rooftop offered nice water views so took my breakfast up one day. Was a little chilly, but glad I went up to check it out. One tip, don't turn your back on the seagulls. If I'm ever lucky enough to be able to return to Istanbul I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I thought about getting a seaside view but figured that I wouldn't be in the room much. But I e...