“Great location, comfortable rooms but take your own toiletries” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saba Sultan Otel

Saba Sultan Otel
Ranked #44 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Cheshire UK
“Great location, comfortable rooms but take your own toiletries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband & I (no it's not the queen) stayed here in June & enjoyed our stay very much. The location is great for the blue mosque, sultanhamet square, topkapi palace & the hagia sophia. Its also not too far from one of the tram stops to get you to further attractions such as Galata bridge. its about 10 minutes easy walk to the above mentioned places & 30 mins stroll to Grand Bazaar, maybe less if we knew where we going.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly & helpful. The ladies in charge of the very good breakfast buffet are also very helpful & will make omelette to order if asked. There is plenty of choice of cheese ( some very salty but I guess its traditional Turkish cheese) plus some cold preserved meats, very fresh tomatoes & cucumber. A choice of 3 cereals, bread & sweet bread, yoghurt with lots of syrup flavours & honey, dried fruits tea & coffee.

The hotel room was very comfortable but it is the first place that we have ever stayed in that did not have any toiletries whatsoever, not even soap, just towels & toilet paper. I don't know if this is the norm for Turkey but as we travelled with just hand luggage it was a bit of a surprise not to find shampoo.

The bed was very comfortable & clean, there was some noise from the street, bottles in bins & at one point a turkish soap opera of women shouting in the street, not under the control of the hotel I know. There was noise from the room next door but I don't know if that was because of thin walls or a very inconsiderate guest having his TV on extra loud at 1 am.

The tea & coffee facility in the room does not include milk again as is the Turkish way.
All in all highly recommended.

Room Tip: take your own soap & shampoo.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetheunexpected

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed in this lovely 4-star boutique hotel for 4 nights with my two friends. We all had our own room on the 1st and 2nd floor which were decorated in a different style. The Aya Sophia, Topkapi Palace and The Basilica Cistern are only 5 min. on foot from the hotel. I would recommend dinner on the roof of surrounding restaurants and hotels like the Seven Hills. We would also like to thank all the staff for their genuine smiles and helpfulness. A special thanks to Ms. Tugba Gayret who made us feel very welcome. We couldn't praise her enough for her professional approach and kindness. When waiting in the lovely, colourful lobby we were offered complimentary tea and coffee and received some great tips on what to visit in pitoresque Istanbul. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it has only 17 rooms, hence service is very personalised, location is perfect, rooms are typically squaky clean as one would expect in Turkey and most importantly staff are polite and smiley.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deniz N
sabasultan, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Saba Sultan Otel, responded to this review, August 10, 2016
Dear Deniz,

Thanks for your great review.You can not imagine how happy you made us with your kind words.
As you mentioned within your review, we are exceptionally lucky to be situated in such a faboulos location.We are doing our best to make sure you are having best time you can possibly have in a city you are discovering for the first time.
When I read your review I realized that our efforts are not wasted.
We greatly appreciate your recommendation to our future guests and hope it won't be too long before we get to welcome you back for another memorable stay.

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week-long trip with my family (parents, husband and brother). We were all very pleased with our bedrooms which were very spacious, very clean and individually decorated. Rooms had good air conditioning, a small fridge with complimentary bottles of water each day, wall mounted TV, hair dryer and lots of plugs around the room. The room my husband and I stayed in was on the 4th floor right next to the lift. We did not experience any noise problems from being close to the lift, nor did we have any problems being situated under the roof terrace either. Our bathroom was a shower room, the shower cubicle was very spacious and hot water was always available.

The hotel felt very well maintained, our bedroom and bathroom were very clean and the rest of the hotel (reception, breakfast room etc) were all well looked after too.

The staff at this hotel are all excellent, very friendly and helpful, especially Tuba who made us feel so welcome and helped us with advice on the sights we were planning to see (where ticket offices are located at attractions, how far things are etc). Thank you Tuba! We felt like family by the end of our holiday.

Breakfast is a typical Turkish spread including various fresh breads, cheeses, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, meats, cereals, cakes and a selection of fresh fruit, yoghurt and fruit compotes. My husband is an avid coffee drinker and he highly rated the coffee! The breakfast room was bright and very clean, and although some mornings were busier than others, we never had a problem finding a table for our whole family to sit at.

There is a lovely roof terrace which offers great views across the Bosphorus in one direction, and the Blue Mosque in the other direction. The location of this hotel is excellent as it is less than 10 minutes walk to Sultanahment Square (Arrasta Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque etc) and just around the corner from a very nice street full of restaurants, bars and shops. The street is a dead-end road, which means it's very quiet. Best of both worlds!

If you're looking for an interesting boutique hotel in a good location for sightseeing in Istanbul, I highly recommend the Saba Sultan - it offered everything we needed for a great holiday and would definitely stay here again if we were to visit Istanbul in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Minkoir,

We are really appreciate that you took the time to send valuable comment about your stay at our hotel.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your rooms.We designed it for your comfort and ease.These are personally cleaning by my executive housekeeper whom I already shared your great feedback.
We are doning our best to make sure you are having best time you can possibly have in a city you are discovering for the first time.
And it is nice to see that the staff was able to assist you with whatever you need.
I'm thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast.Even now, we are making fresh pancakes everymorning according to your wishes.
If you want you can take your plate,go to the terrace and enjoy your breakfast with our lovely view of Bosphorus and Blue Mosque on your next visit to Istanbul.
It is lovely to know that you like our neighbourhood.It is very quiet.You can rest all the time after you visit to city.
I am delighted you had such a great time and felt at home.
Indeed, please regard The Saba Sultan Hotel as a home away from home.

We are apprecite your recommendation to our future guests.I know it's been long time, but if you come to Istanbul.We will be glad to see you again.
Hope to see you again

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, one street back from many old city restaurants so quiet and convenient. The staff were very helpful, the room was small but clean, and all the sights are within easy walking.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sabasultan, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Saba Sultan Otel, responded to this review, August 9, 2016
Dear Multitrips,

Thanks for your valuable comments.
We are really lucky to be situated in such a perfect location and it's lovely to know that you took the adventage of our faboulos location.
We strive to delivery friendly and professional service and it makes us really happy to see that we succesed.
I'm glad to know that you found your room to be clean.These are personally cleaning by my executive housekeeper whom I already shared your great feedback.
We wish for you to think of Saba Sultan as a home away from home.
Many thanks for your kind words.
Hope to see you again

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my second visit to this lovely boutique hotel. Such a find the first time, that despite the wealth of hotel options in Istanbul, I will continue to come here (3rd visit booked).

The location is superb, the hotel is pretty & the staff are great.

Breakfast is fairly unexciting, but it's fine to start your day off.

Highly recommended, and good to see they won an award for 2012 :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LizzieKitten,

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us.You can not imagine how happy you made us with your kind words.
We are really happy that you took the adventage of our faboulos location.
We are doing our best to make sure you are having best holiday.
When I read your review I realized that our efforts are not wasted.
You should know we have expanded our breakfast.We have a lot of options.
Almost every kind of cheese(cheese with stranded,herby cheese strager,braided cheese),different types of olives(green olive,black olive,peppery olive and sliced green olives with herby),dry fruits(apricot,grape,fig),6 types of jam(rose,orange,blackberry,blueberry,strawberry,apricot),liquid honey and honey comb...etc
Also, we are making fresh pancakes every morning according to your wishes.
You can take your plate, go to the terrace and enjoy your breakfast with our lovely view of Bosphorus and Bluemosque.
We are greatful for your high recommendation!
Thank for your best wishes.
Welcome to Saba Sultan Family :)
Hope to see you numerous time.

Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hot off the plane from Istanbul and wanted to say how great our hotel was. The Saba Sultan is a boutique hotel with lovely rooms and in the greatest of locations - close (and I mean within 10 - 15 minutes stroll) to everything you will want to see. It is also off the main road so no traffic noise . The staff at the hotel were also superbly helpful with advice or suggestions and made us feel so at home and welcome. The breakfast is plentiful, fresh and very tasty with great variety on offer and you just help yourself to as much or little as you like. Plenty of hot water all day so no worries about showers cut short. Will certainly stay here again. Many thanks to everyone there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann h,

Thanks for your lovely review.
We are exceptionally lucky to be situated within walking distance of Hagia Sophia,Bluemosque,Topkapı Palace,Hippodrome & central of The Sultanahmet.
We are pleased to hear that you appreciate the surroundings as much as we do.
We are doing our best to make sure that you are having best holiday.
When I read your review, I realized that our efforts are not wasted.
I am delighted you had such a lovely time here and felt at home.
Indeed, please regard to Saba Sultan Hotel as your home away from home.
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast.Even now, we are making fresh pancakes every morning according to your wishes.
It is great to know that The Saba Sultan Hotel will be your first choice on your next visit to Istanbul and we all look forward to welcome you back.

You are always welcome
Hope to see you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We recently visited Istanbul for one week and stayed at the Saba Sultan. It's not often that a hotel really comes up trumps, but this one certainly did. The hotel is well located and the rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfasts were consistently good. Above all the staff were not only friendly but also very helpful in giving advice about visiting the city. This makes a huge difference. I am already thinking about making another visit later this year and I will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the sea. I recommend choosing one of these.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sabasultan, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Saba Sultan Otel, responded to this review, October 12, 2016
Dear Stephen739,

Thank you very much for your compliments.
We are really lucky to be situated in such a perfect location, and we are pleased to hear that you appreciate the surroundings as much as we do.
I am thrilled to learn that you found your room to be clean and spacious.
These are personally cleaning by my executive housekeeper, whom I already shared your great feedback.
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast.
Even now, we are making fresh pancakes every morning according to your wishes.
If you won't you can take your plate go to the terrace and enjoy your breakfast with our lovely view of Blue Mosque and Bosphorus.
I am delighted that the staff was able to assist you with whatever you need.
We are doing our best to make sure you are having the best time you can possibly have in a city you are discovering for the first time.
When you are here, we felt like you are one of us!
Welcome to Saba Sultan Family.
Hope to see you soon.

Best Regards From Istanbul.
Guest Relation Manager.