“Perfect Place in Istanbul.”
Review of Lausos Hotel

Lausos Hotel
Ranked #437 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The location of this hotel is amazing, within minutes walk of many major sights including blue mosque, Topkapi palace, basilica cisterns and Hagia Sofia. The hotel itself is incredible value for money- the room was large and comfortable very quiet and all amenities worked well including Jacuzzi tub and efficient air conditioning. Breakfast is good, we thought the selection of fruit cheese, bread, coffee was very good. Finally the staff at the hotel were very helpful especially booking restaurants for dinner. Overall a great experience. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank alanbrooke1

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I had never thought in my life that Istanbul is a beutifull city but when I went in December I was very surprised I went back in the history and discoverd that Istanbul is more than a city in each street & each place there is a history behind back to Roman, byzantis, ottoman, turk.
Istanbul is the best place to visit at anytime of the year there is a lot of things to see from historical side and also the entertainment at the city day or night.

Back to my comment on the Hotel lausos please see my comments below.

Hotel it self is well located in Istanbul in the old city called Sultan Ahmet and near all the startegics and hostorical places to visits.Bluye Mosque, Sophia Hagia, Topkapi ect...sometimes no need for a car just walking through not far from the hotel.

The Hotel is very nice the rooms are perfect and very clean and tidy.
Room service very good.

The most high rate I can give is for the staff of the Hotel which are all very professinal and well educated people.They welcome us very freindly and we enjoyed their help in identifying places to visit where to eat ect.. I really want to name to staff that I really appreciates their help during my stay in Lausos between 25th December 2010 & 1st January 2011.
Erol,Servet, Sedat, Kerem, Mustafa Kemal the other Mustafa, Ozduman

Ans special thanks to Kamil Karakuz the Hotel Owner for making the necessary in developing the staff and the service.

I wish all the best for 2011 and hope to see you again
from Djazair Kamal & Fatima

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Our room was small but beautiful with a brand new bathroom. Gorgeous view of the Sea of Marmara. Great breakfast and an international clientele that we enjoyed. Wonderful, fresh breakfast. Charming, helpful staff. Walking distance to everything in Sultanahmet and to the tram to travel further.

The honeymoon suite can get warm during the day but cools off in the evening with air conditioning plus has huge sliding glass doors in 2 sides that open. We loved the call to prayer in istanbul. I am shocked by anyone being surprised by it. There are hundreds of mosques in Istanbul so yes you will likely hear the call to prayer in the morning. It lasts for about 5 minutes and is one of our fondest memories of this incredible city.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank supergeo
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hello Trip Advisor
This hotel Is on a perfect place by the blue Moskee
Beatiful
The food was very good
And very clean
I go in Juli one more time to Hotel Lausos

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Rick043
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I booked the Honeymoon suite for our 2 year anniversary and loved the way the room looked like on the internet but when we arrived there it was a big dissapointment. First even if they confirmed my parking reservation they didn't mention anything we have to pay it. It wasn't about the money but the fact they weren't transparent. The room looked like in the picture but very small like most of the rooms in Istanbul. The door of the room opened in the bed, you have no hall or anything like that. The hotel is an old hotel and all the noises are heard from flashing the toilet in the other rooms even speaking or cell ringing. Because it has 2 glass walls the noise from outside is very loud and I couldn't sleep. But the BIGGEST surprise was at 4 o'clock in the morning because we were near a mosque and we at the 5th floor we had the megaphone at some meters from the room. It was like in the war, we got up so scared and didn't know what was happening. What can I say about the breakfast...horrible, I couldn't eat but some butter...there were some olives, the omlette was over, and some cheese, nothing looking like what we have seen on the Internet. Did I forget to tell you how expensive this was? It was 128.8 euro because I made the reservation for more than 4 nights but the next day we moved to another hotel, also 4 star but much cheaper and better services and also a free parking but the dears from the Lausos hotel of course charged me the normal price for the room because I gave up to stay at their hotel. When we left they didn't help us with the luggages we were just the ones who didn't appreciate their great hotel. Unfortunately I expected 3 months this vacation and they really didn't do anything to make us feel better even if I told them it was also my birthday and cried that day because of all what was happening. Anyway I don't understand how this hotel was so much reccomended by others next time we will book maybe one night and find at the spot hotels as we did this time...although it was a full period we found a hotel in the old town and there were plenty available. I wish you super holidays!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmiliaCampeanu
Panoramic360, Manager at Lausos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Readers, We sincerely declare that the above mentioned comment is unfair and wrong. Hotel Lausos is located in the old city center near many museums and mosque. The Mosques pray call is every where in Sultanahmet area. Accusing a hotel because of the pray call is unfair because Turkey is a muslim country. The quality of breakfast and other service is very clear at the other reviews. The hotel is not an old hotel . the building is completly renovated last winter time.

We do provide parking with extra fee and this is listed at the all online hotel booking sites. In check-in time before seeing the room the guest informed us that if the hotel don't pay the parking fee they will leave the hotel the next day. We have refused to pay the parking and they get angry. We have our hotel rules and the rules should be for everyone. To have the hotel porter service our guest just need to dial 0 (24Hours) Some guest prefer to care for their luggage. Dear trip advisor and the members thanks to you we are very happy to declare you that our hotel is newly renovated with the top quality furniture and always increasing service quality. Thank you !!

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Our room was small and loud (because of the Camii, we were at the street side) but very clean, breakfast rich and tasty, hotel service very kind and helpful, (except one, but he was there only after midnight), gut area, 5 min. Saint Sofia and Sultanahmet, 10 min. Grand Bazar, 5 min. Cemberlitas Hamam.
Evangelia Sivris

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed here for nearly a week with a friend of mine. Located a stones throw away from major tourist attractions and tram lines. Sumptuous breakfast spread. Friendly staff; but not very well informed about the city or its attractions. Rooms and the bathrooms are furnished well - the ones on the fourth floor. Could use a bit more space to move around though. Rooms on the first floor room are really, unlivably crammed !
The air conditioning really sucks. They offer free Wi Fi; but it seldom works even when the signal strength is displayed as excellent; when reported, the front desk looked clueless.

Have fun in Istanbul :-) Stay away from salads !

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends