“Great Service, Great location, okay rooms.”
Review of Lausos Hotel

Lausos Hotel
Ranked #402 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The service was great and they would do anything to make your stay great. They volunteered to run my wife's clothes to the dry cleaners after our 20 day honeymoon. The view from our top floor room was the best part. It is within close walking distances to the major attractions. But, despite their hard work, the rooms need renovation and they struggle with keeping areas uncluttered.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Welcome everyone I am Aziza from Saudi Arabia I want to write a comment on the hotel Lausos honestly , hotel is one of the best hotels in Sultan Ahmed area because of its proximity to all the historical places and the Grand Bazaar The location
Where that position you can navigate between places on foot and also you can use the tram to the station near the hotel where I am in all my visits to Istanbul was held in the same hotel, despite the small size of the rooms and cons of this
But there are a lot of advantages that Tenseek this negative since all the staff enjoy the spirit of humor and dealing politely as well as the hotel free of alcohol and the delicious breakfast and the finest workers in the hotel

chef Yasmin featuring beautiful spirit and gentle smile and offer us the delicious dishes and appetizers and one of the main reasons that prompt me to return and stay in this hotel

I Became one with them as a family feel safe, secure thank all the workers in this esteemed hotel manager Mustafa, one of the workers called Adel and my beautiful sister Yasmine wish you luck in the new hotel in the area of ​​Sisli

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at Lausos hotel in December 2013 for 3 days 2 nights booked by our travel agency.

Pros:
Great location in Sultanahmet district within very close walking distance to major sights including Blue Mosque, Hippodrome & Aya Sophia.
Generous buffet breakfast spread. Free access to tea, coffee, water and juice including delivery to room.

Cons:
Dark and dated decor.
Unreliable elevator to rooms.
No proper shower in room, just a less than practical 'jacuzzi bath'.
Staff were friendly but by obligation.

In summary, great location but average overall experience.

Room Tip: Specify if you want a room with a 'proper' shower
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Hotel Lausos was fabulous Location is superb: a street away from the hippodrome and blue mosque. Was able to see these from my room 10 minutes from Grand Bazaar and the Staff were awesome Clean Hotel, room and lobby

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Lausos Hotel is a gem, located in the Sutanhmet district close to the major sights. Modern accommodations at a modest price. Staff are hospitable and English-speaking. Breakfasts generous, with a wide range of offerings. Tea and,,,available in the late afternoon when you need a pick-up. We stayed 6 days, strongly recommend it. Vic & Lynn Bach

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victor B
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed four nights at the Lausos and have only positive things to say about it. The staff is very very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect - only a five minute walk from the amazing Blue Mosque but just far enough removed so it is not in the middle of all the masses of people. Our room was small (I think they all are) but extremely comfortable. The A/C worked perfectly and bathroom is very nice. Considering that you are in the middle of a huge, very busy city, is was relatively quiet. The breakfast buffet is fairly rich and it is nice to eat it on their patio. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2013

So lots to say and I think some of what happened to us was unusual....here it goes

I traveled with 2 other women and unfortunately the gentleman at the front desk decided to flirt in the worst way and say inappropriate comments immediately upon arrival. A little flirting is fine but being sleezy is not. He also made several conflicting comments about room upgrades. He said he wanted to show me another room that he thought I might like better than the one I booked. Then when he showed me the room he announced that it wasn't available. He was already strange and my one friend said she was afraid for me to check out the room alone with him - he was that over the top. When we returned to the front desk area I asked for the keys for the third time and he took offense and said there was a proper time and place for everything. We had just had a 12 hour flight and we were exhausted. He told us we had to sit down and then proceeded to ask us to dinner, make more inappropriate comments about women visiting Turkey alone and finding "friends", oh and he insulted Iraqis for no apparent reason and stated he didn't like them. No one asked him for his opinion on other nationalities but we did ask repeatedly for the keys. Instead we got tea and more creepy innuendos. Finally over an hour after we arrived he relented and gave us our keys. His reception manner only improved when the manager was present. Once I came into the breakfast area and he was massaging a middle aged lady in a manner that was extremely provocative. So perhaps some guests have given him the green light.

Of course upon check out we talked to the Manager of the hotel about how much we liked the hotel and its location, but we explained that something would have to be done about this employee. All the other employees of the hotel were fantastic. He was an anomaly. We explained that with him at the front desk we could not in good conscience recommend this hotel to our other single female friends. The Manager seemed genuinely shocked and apologized.

The only other issue to mention is that the bathroom door got stuck in my room and I ended up stuck for what seemed eternity before a housekeeper heard me yelling for help. Yes, there were tears. I am not a fan of tight spaces and this was not a good moment for me and the deadline for check out was looming and I was not packed. And did I mention I was stuck in a hot steamy bathroom. The housekeeper and the employee with tools who managed to open the door were helpful. The manager explained that sometimes the wood expands and then the lock sticks. The hotel comped our ride to the airport as compensation. Which is good as we had to deal with "Mr. Creepy and Inappropriate" at check out after my ordeal. He actually charged me for a bottle of water I used after I was released from my bathroom cell. He was so rude that my one friend, who I have never heard raise her voice to another human being, actually yelled at him to stop bothering us and just order the taxi as we had requested. He was fighting me on the time the taxi would pick us up from the hotel to take us to the airport. "Mr. Creepy and Inappropriate" was also a know-it-all.

So in summary the creepy annoying reception man was not a plus for this hotel. However, everyone else was professional and welcoming. The housekeeper again was so nice and my rescuer. The breakfast was also wonderful. The rooms were small but very nice and clean. The location was excellent. The manager was also very nice and listened to our complaints. And to be honest by the time we complained to him we were pretty upset, but he listened patiently and we hope he understood that we were only angry about the creep and not the Hotel Lausos.

Room Tip: top floor for the amazing views
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank girlwithdog
Lausos H, Manager at Lausos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Valuable guest;

Warm greetings from Lausos hotel Istanbul. I hope this message finds you well!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

Having said this, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and like our staff except one.

The staff has left the work after our interview. He worked for two months as a receptionist and it was his trial period. We are very serious about Recruitment of staff. We have contacted his previous work places and the all information was positive about him before his trial.
We believe that we have created a family, safe and warm atmosphere since we open the hotel in 2010 and we really want to keep it.
Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any inquiries you may have or whether you are considering a future reservation with our hotel, as I would be happy to personally reserve your room for you.
Warm wishes,