“Great Location”

Ranked #393 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect spot for sightseeing. The street leads down to the "hippadrome" which is a wide avenue (its called a park in the sightseeing books). From here, its minutes to all the top attractions. The staff were excellent. The breakfast is the usual Turkish fare. The plates were always full. I am not sure if the hotel prices are good value because it is a fairly basic hotel. By that I mean, the hotel lobby is very small, as is the dining room. There is no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and no room service. Also, there is no bar in the hotel. So basically, it is just a room to sleep in. But I suppose the price is for the location. Saying all that, the rooms were spotlessly clean. Our room had a bath with just a shower head, no actual shower, Istanbul is a fabulous city. I suggest taking one of the tourist buses. This lets you hop on and off all over the city all day. We also went on a boat trip up the Bosphorus River, again I would recommend this. To get a good value boat trip, go right down to the river and pay at the boat. Its the cheapest way to do it. Another tip I would give is, when you visit the Blue Mosque, you are asked to take off your shoes. Take a spare pair of socks to slip on so that you are not walking in your bare feet. Enjoy Istanbul, I hope I will return some day.

Room Tip: High floors for the views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff was really amazing,very helpful , lots of smiles ,specially Mr Mustafa Ozduman , the manager , the breakfast is really good , and the view from the room is amazing . You are literally steps away from the grand bazaar , sultan Ahmed mosque , public transportation and all kinds of restaurants .

Room Tip: Junior suite at the top floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
kkarakus, General Manager at Lausos Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Maude

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really happy that we delivered a service that met your expectations. All of the team here always try their hardest to anticipate our guests needs and like I always do have passed on your kind words to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Lausos Hotel because it was a great location for the main sites in Instabul. We walked to the Blue Mosque, Ayia Sophia, the Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and Spice Market. There were good restaurants and shops within a five minute walk. The views from the room was amazing. The rooms were very good and I would definitely recommend.

Dear Arina

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Lausos Hotel following your recent stay with us.

Indeed, the Lausos hotel is in a very good location for walking to Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Grand Bazaar and restaurants...

I do hope that you will enjoy our hospitality once again in the near future. I have passed your kind words on to my team.

Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at Lausos Hotel with my friend.When the check in time,we feel everyrthing is going excellent.Reception gave indeed good information.
Firstly the breakfast so various.All the staff helpfull and smiling:)Thank you for all but expecially I have to say special thanks for jasmine.She is like adopted.She bring all the things our table we request.After the breakfast she prepaid turkısh coffe which seems wonderful.
And I never forget this hotel and Jasmine.I recommend all my friends.
Sincerely
John

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John G
kkarakus, Director of Sales at Lausos Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Warm greetings from the Lausos Istanbul—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards
Thank you very much for submitting a review of your stay in September with us. I appreciate your detailed comments and observations, as we use any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool for our training and improvement.
We already shared you comment with Yasemin and other staff and would like to thank again for your strong motivation
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back and serve you better in the near future. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments, questions or concerns, as I would be eager to assist!

Mustafa Özduman,
Paris, France
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Lausos hotel is a new hotel in the heart of historic Istanbul near the blue mosque and metro station. Rooms are nicely furnished with very good beds and very clean.

The breakfast was unexpectedly good for a hotel of this size.

Thank you Lausos Hotel staff for going above and beyond to make our trip to Istanbul memorable.

We recommend you to all our friends and family, and all those reading this review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel Lausos has everything that you need as a traveler in Istanbul. It is a boutique facility, not a mainstream hotel so expect personalised service but not big hotel amenities like swimming pool or gym.

The hotel is in a fantastic location in the centre of the historic Sultanahmet, close (walking distance 5 - 10 mins) to many historical places (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Basilica cistern, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar...). It offers a most magnificent view of two major mosques from Topkapi suite where we stayed (sea side view).

The rooms are very clean, the staff is excellent and very helpful from the moment you enter the hotel till the last booking of transfer to the airport. We also booked all our tours through the hotel and everything was actioned promptly. We have not seen such a personal and forthcoming service for a long time.

Breakfast is served with good selection of food and weather permitting you can have it on the garden terrace.

Thank you to all the staff, especially Cengiz, Ozkan and the 3rd receptionist that we don't know the name off, for making our stay in Istanbul a memorable experience. We will come back!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
kkarakus, General Manager at Lausos Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a delightful review of your recent stay with us.
I was really happy to read your feedback about your experiences in the hotel and how comfortable and happy you were with the service and surroundings that we provide.

I have passed on your kind words on to Cengiz, Ozkan, Servet and the rest of the great team I have here at the hotel.

I really do hope that you can join us again in the near future.

London
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Pros: the hotel is in a fantastic location a few minute walk from all the major tourist attractions which was great to have.
The hotel is also only minutes away from the tram station
The hotel was newly renovated and was very clean
Decent varied breakfast including various breads, cakes, cheeses, meat, olives and two hot dishes of eggs and sausages- very good

Cons: very small bedroom, too small for 2 people
No tea/coffee facilities in the room
No amenities in the hotel such as restaurant, room service,gym, pool etc
Too expensive for what you get. Decent 3 stars hotel, nothing to write home about.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jess78
kkarakus, Manager at Lausos Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Valuable guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review.
Lausos hotel is a small boutique hotel with 34 rooms.
We have several options with the rooms. smaller economic rooms (double room city view), connected family rooms with city view, larger rooms (superior and deluxe room), double room with sea view and junior suites with the great view of the Bosphorus, Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque which are the most important symbols of the city.
Lausos hotel do not provide swimming pool, large lobby, bars, gym and disco and we have clearly specified our service at the website.
We do not provide tea, and coffee maker facilities in the room because we have that service 24 hours for complimentary included orange juice and other cold drinks.
We are ambitious with the location, cleanness, buffet breakfast, guest relation, family atmosphere and the best Istanbul view with our junior suites.
Please do not hesitate to contact with us if you wish to stay again at our boutique hotel

Yours sincerely,