“Wonderful hotel, very friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Amira Istanbul

Hotel Amira Istanbul
Ranked #4 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Zwolle, The Netherlands
“Wonderful hotel, very friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights (July 2014) in Amira. The hotel proved to be very nice with an extremely friendly and helpful staff.

Our standard room overlooked a small courtyard (not a nice view) and was a bit on the dark side. The room itself was comfortable, quiet and cool (good airconditioning).

The buffet breakfast had a good choice of Turkish and non Turkish food. The complimentary tea and cookies was a delightful surprise, especially when enjoyed on the laid back roofterrace.

Staff speaks English very well.

We would definitely come back. A recommended hotel in walking distance of all the main sites in Sultanahmet.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RLente

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad I decided to splurge on my last two nights in Istanbul. Hotel Amira is a bit out of my usual price range but it turned out to be excellent value. Location is perfect, walking distance to all the major sights, neighborhood felt safe even at night. My room has a big queen bed with starchy white sheet and doona it was so comfortable. Bathroom was very clean, nice thick towels. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The night I arrived I was taken to the rooftop terrace bar from where you could see the majestic Blue Mosque all lit up, and they served me a welcome drink. Breakfast was super, wide variety, the waiter (I think his name is Ugur?) was very good, friendly and always ready to supply you with anything you need. I can't fault anything, I'd stay here again if I come back to Istanbul.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank fwiradjaja
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is my new and updated review of The Amira Hotel. I love this place!! The staff are the BEST ever and cannot do enough to help one. I usually stay in 5 star properties (Four Seasons, Peninsula etc etc....) but for me, this hotel is the best. It's quaint, stylish and in a wonderful position. Breakfast and Afternoon tea is delicious. I have now stayed here 5 times and believe me, there will be many more times to come. If you are going to visit Istanbul, look no further. You cannot do better than this hotel. Many thanks to Arthur and the team.
Best wishes Hilary :-))

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank travelbug396
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here two nights the middle of June before boarding our cruise ship. The Hotel Amira is a beautiful boutique hotel located in the Sultanhamet District. It was a 5-10 minute walk to both mosques and a 15 minute walk to the Topkapi Palace. The front desk was staffed 24 hours a day with very friendly employees who spoke excellent English. A doorman was always on hand to open the front door for us. The small elevator had just enough room for one person and several pieces of luggage, but was not a problem.

When we arrived (after traveling for almost 23 hours) we were greeted by name and taken upstairs to an outdoor lounge terrace where we were offered wine, beer or other beverages while one of the staff marked points of interest on the city map and answered any questions we had. We were then escorted to our room where our luggage awaited our arrival.

We had booked a "deluxe double room" which was large and had a very comfortable king bed, a small reclining sofa, iPod Dock and free Wi-fi. The bathroom was nice size with a tub/shower and good water pressure. The A/C worked like a dream and kept our room cool. Even though our room looked out onto a busy street, there was no street noise.

The breakfast room was very large with more then enough seating for everyone both mornings. The food selection was excellent with lots of choices from cereals, breads, fruit, eggs and sausage. Several flavors of juice were offered as well as coffee. Service by the hotel staff was very good as well.

We enjoyed sitting in the outdoor lounge with a glass of wine after a long day of sightseeing. There was a great view of the city and the Sea of Marmara. The hotel also hosted a free tea buffet each afternoon in the breakfast room. Dinner was available in the dining room, but we chose to eat at one of the many sidewalk cafés close to the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Istanbul! I can't say enough good things about the staff! We look forward to our next stay with them.

1 Thank Karen D
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hotel Amira is a tranquil, attractive, and welcoming hotel. The staff is very attentive and provide a high level of service, all without expecting a tip or displaying attitude. I even tried to tip the young blond doorman, who hauled our suitcases upstairs. He refused, saying, "it is my job." When I asked Karin Toker, the owner's daughter, where to buy quality Turkish Delight, she responded by having a lovely bowl filled with the sweet treat delivered to my room as a gift! I was delighted. I only know the names of Karin, A.J., Ugur, and Aziz. They are all pleasant, helpful, kind. Ugur and Aziz worked in the breakfast/tea room, and I had genial conversations with both men. Ugur gave a recommendation for a low key, inexpensive restaurant for dinner, and it was just right for us. Still, my FAVORITE employee is Aziz. He possessed a genuine warmth, kindness, and sincerity that is rare in people. He truly enjoyed helping people; his wide smile told me so.
Tea time and breakfast are full of culinary treats and a wide variety of fruits, sweets, cereals, cheeses, and juices. It was delightful, and my husband and I made sure we were back in time for tea time. I highly recommend Hotel Amir.

2 Thank Bgoodtoall
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

From the moment we arrived, very early in the morning and rather jetlagged, and right throughout our stay, we were made to feel so welcome by the staff. they were always friendly and helpful The position is just great for walking to all the old city attractions, our room was a corner one so very light and spacious, with all the amenities we could wish for. The breakfasts were wonderful, my favourite was the fresh fruit and yummy yoghurt, but there was heaps of other choices, both hot and cold. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank GGNZ12
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

'Delivered on all Counts'

I picked Hotel Amira because of its many glowing reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren’t disappointed. Our three night break – a treat for my husband’s 50th birthday - was our first visit to Istanbul and location was all-important as were good quality accommodation and service. The Amira delivered on all counts. Its Sultanahmet position, in walking distance from Istanbul’s main sites, is perfect. Our fourth floor room with balcony was comfortable (bathroom not huge) and surprisingly quiet, and the staff – one of whom bore a striking resemblance to Robert Downey Junior – were friendly and helpful throughout, advising us on our itinerary and changing a restaurant reservation three times when we altered our plans. It’s the little touches that make this hotel special - the Happy Birthday message, complete with strawberries and a chocolate fondue kit, delivered to our bedroom, the excellent Turkish coffee prepared by Ugur – who gave my husband a lesson in how to make it – and the stylish rooftop terrace, a haven of tranquillity after a busy day’s sightseeing. They even put a large TV screen up there for guests to watch the World Cup!

Room Tip: Fourth floor with balcony are the best rooms