“A pleasant stay.”

Ranked #7 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Hong Kong
“A pleasant stay.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

After the cruise I stayed here behind for one more day in Istanbul with my wife. Well, this hotel has a very good location, only within ten minutes by walking to all major scenery. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. They even help us to book a high quality with very beautiful sunset view but not expensive Mostra Sea Food restaurant just behind this hotel. We enjoy very very much that evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on second floor onward to see the street view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I and some friends recently stayed at the Amira for 5 nights. The service we received from the day we arrived until the day we left was nothing less than exceptional. The day we arrived a member of staff spent probably an hour with us on the hotel’s roof terrace telling us about the hotel’s amenities, must places to visit in Istanbul, local restaurants and where not to shop, i.e. the Grand Bazaar. Visit it, yes, but make your purchases elsewhere! None of this I’m sure with an ulterior motive. The service we received from all members of the hotel staff for the remainder of our stay was equally exemplary.

We had a standard room, which although not huge, was comfortable enough for two people. The bed was particularly comfortable. Coffee and tea making facilities were available in the room as was a mini bar. Fresh bottled water was provided daily. The bathroom, although on the small size, had everything we needed. The shower was excellent and hot water was always available.

We ate breakfast in the hotel every day. The quality of the food and variety available was excellent, if slightly tilted towards what I assume is Turkish tastes. We usually ate breakfast around 9am and at that time it was sometimes difficult to find a table to sit all of us. After 9:30 the restaurant emptied. We were never there before 9am!

The Amira is an excellent place to stay if you wish to visit major sites such as the Blue Mosque, Haghia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, as they are all within easy walking distance. The Basilica Cistern is also relatively close by and well worth a visit. The Arasta Bazaar is also just up the road. There are restaurants aplenty in the immediate area, but you need to be choosey. We ate at the Mostra, Babylonia and Magnaura and were not disappointed. The tramline that takes you to the Grand Bazaar in one direction and the Dolmabahce Palace in the other is a 10/15 minute walk away.

All reviews are personal, but I cannot believe that anyone who stays at this hotel would leave disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve H
Melville, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

How lucky I was to find this gem... Stayed for one night because I had a 23 hour layover in Istanbul. The staff was beyond courteous and friendly, rooms were spotless and comfortable and it's location is situated in prime territory for easy travel through the old city. I cant imagine how anyone wouldn't love this place. Highly recommended. Thanks Amira for making my night in the old city a blast!!!

Room Tip: Recommend a balcony suite. Perfect for morning cay (Turkish Tea pronounced "chai")...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank DaveATC
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have to admit.. I was a little suspicious of the glowing reviews when I first looked for a hotel to stay at in Istanbul. But my stay exceeded any review I read. From the moment I stepped through the doors, I felt as if I truly was a welcomed guest.. something you never feel when checking into the generic chains back home. I was greeted by Sim, the duty manager, who led me to the rooftop for the check-in process. I've never had a more personable check in process in any of my travels before.. before it started refreshments of my choice was served.. as she carefully went through the hotel, its amenities.. and gave the most amazing overview of the city... she definitely spent a considerable time. When I was done I actually lingered on the roof top taking in the amazing views. My room, was roomy, and even though it was on the lower floor, i didn't hear any of the street sounds i had expected. The most amazing breakfast was served in a buffet.. which had very very healthy options.. it was probably the best breakfast buffet I've ever had where it was included with my room. The location was good.. and it was very easy to get to farthest points of the city on foot or public transportation.. like the palace.. This was only my second visit to this city.. but when I return.. I will stay here once again.

Room Tip: The rooftop is great... take some time.. to enjoy the views.. and a refreshment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank TGG312
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Amira for 3 nights before our cruise. Then, we left our luggage in storage there after the cruise while we traveled to Cappadocia for a few nights. We returned to the Hotel Amira for 2 nights before we left for home. It was our first trip to Istanbul and this hotel was highly recommended by friends who had stayed there in the past. It did not disappoint. The rooms are large, soundproof, and clean. The bed was very comfortable with fine linens. The bathroom was modern and well appointed with large, thick towels and other amenities such as fluffy bathrobes and slippers. There was a bottle of water, coffee and tea service with an electric kettle. There was a mini-bar which we did not use. The price of the hotel includes breakfast, afternoon tea and wifi. There is a rooftop lounge with bar service and fantastic views of the Sea of Marmara and the ships lined up to enter the Bosphorus. The location is very close to the attractions, 5-10 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.

We cannot praise the staff of this hotel enough. Our bags were whisked away and we found them when we went to our room. We were welcomed by the Concierge and given an Orientation to the hotel and to Istanbul. We were offered tea, coffee, snacks upon arrival. We felt at home immediately. Breakfast was delicious and guests gathered and socialized in the spacious downstairs room and discuss their travel plans. Likewise, cocktails on the rooftop, or when it was too windy, in the downstairs room, were very pleasant and enjoyable. We found friendly service from the hotel staff who were there to serve you! Service was provided with a smile and nothing was too much effort. We truly felt at home at the Amira! We would highly recommend it to friends and family!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane H
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Came by chance (volcanic eruption) to an overnight stay in Istanbul, this hotel was welcoming at first glance. Courteous and polite owners and staff. Spotlessly clean rooms, beautiful bathroom, tasty breakfast buffet, not cheap but worth the price. Will definitely be back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nick s
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just back from 5 days in Istanbul with my family. Hotel Amira is perfectly placed to explore the main sights-5 mins walk from Hagia and Blue Mosque; 10 mins to Cisterns and Palace and 15 mins to Grand Bazaar. Some very nice shops and small bazaar within 5 mins walk.

Service great and charming as other reviewers have stated. Wifi connections better than at home!

Really recommend the Cisterns/Basilica and Bosphoros Cruise-the state ferry does a 2 hour cruise for 10 Tlira per person which is great value.

If we come back to Istanbul then we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family