“Great Choice - Fabulous Staff”

Hotel Amira Istanbul
Ranked #8 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Santa Monica, California
“Great Choice - Fabulous Staff”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel is really nice boutique hotel. The staff has been amazing, helpful and incredibly helpful. I found it on Trip Advisor and the prices were very, very competitive for the quality. The buffet is quite good; excellent location for walking to the Blue Mosque; Sofia and others. Free wi-fi; public computer; small fitness center. They work really hard to make you happy and it worked for my family and I. Comfortable beds; some traffic noise but not disruptive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kharkiv, Ukraine
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had one night to spend in Istanbul so I decided to try something special from top of the TripAdvisor list.

Well, the first impression was the price - it was more than affordable for one of top 3 hotels.
I was prepared for something good but I never knew I would ever find myself in fairyland.
Everything was perfect and surprising starting from the kind look of the receptionist girl and ending with welcome drinks (we took red wine), tea time, hydro massage bath, everyday complementary water along with several different tea bags / coffee sticks that lay in your room and more... Hotel administration seems to be very careful to small details and that's what makes me happy. You can even find a needle with threads in one of the drawer in your room!
We also experienced the fairyland atmosphere in the hotel. It was probably made by the unusual building construction, glare interior and kind staff.

I'm kindly recommending this place to everyone who wants to experience the same feelings.
Also I want to say Thank You Amira for this unforgettable night!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stanislav S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and were made welcomed from the start,the man on the reception straight away circled on a map where we were on the map and marked all the main attraction to visit. Our room keys were ready to pick up and a free welcome drink on the terrace awaited us.Modern clean and elegant rooms with all the bits and pieces that make your stay comfortable.Great breakfast and afternoon tea and cakes included in the price.The most impressive part of our stay was the "SERVICE" weather on the reception,breakfast area or the door..the staff were very friendly and helpful...also this hotel was ideally situated..all the attraction were within walking distance..including restaurants. Would recommend this hotel very highly to anyone visiting Old Istanbul

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dobberspharmacy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hotel Amira is the accommodation we chose in Istanbul. The service is amazing. On arrival we were taken to the beautiful roof terrace and offered a drink of our choice. Then Alehandro sat with us explaining the area and suggestions of things we might like to see. We received valuable advice on the transport system and he supplied us with a map with all the information we could possibly want including his mobile number in case we needed anything.

The team on the front desk Arthur, Bahri, Alehandro, Spencer, Sim, Tina, Karin & Sami and in the restaurant particularly Yusuf and Aziz are all great. The breakfast and complimentary afternoon tea are really special. The personalised service along with the beautiful rooms, bathrooms and public areas in this hotel made it a great choice and we would recommend it to anyone. Thanks guys for a great time you made our holiday in Istanbul special.

The location is great just a few minutes walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia. We walked back from the Grand Bazaar also which was only about 30 minutes walk.
This hotel stood out from the many other hotels we have stayed at in Europe we loved everything
about it.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony on an upper floor which was perfect.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Siennagirl
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Beautiful hotel and rooms. Nothing super fancy like a Westin or other international chain, but modern and elegant among the nicest of boutique hotels I've stayed in in Europe. Great breakfast and adequate afternoon tea/snacks. You can rent out the spa room in the basement for a small fee. Friendly and helpful staff. Near all the major sites in Istanbul / Sultanahmet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt K
Colorado
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My room was attractive and very comfortable although not super luxe. In addition to the bed and desk, I had a sitting chair and a divan. The bathroom was very nice with a rainshower shower head and a tub with jets. There was complimentary tea and coffee (Nescafe) plus a daily bottle of water. There was also a minibar and a selection of alcohol (full sized bottles) for purchase. It is close to many important attractions.

The real standout was the service. I arrived before my room was quite ready. Burok (like Barack, he said) sat down with me in the restaurant and gave me a tour on the map, marking sites and restaurants. He also provided me with a drink of my choice--champagne to celebrate my arrival, of course. Someone else at the desk kindly printed my boarding pass for me as I could not do it myself. I noticed too late that there was a bucket full of big umbrellas at the front desk. I went out in my raincoat while waiting for my room and came back pretty sodden.

The negatives are some hallway noise, and, as far as I could tell, the hot tub was by reservation only. The fitness room is very small and not well-equipped. With all the walking I did, however, I hardly needed it. And a hamam visit combined with the jetted tub compensated well for the missing hot tub.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Amira and definitely recommend it to other Istanbul travellers. I thought that the price ($128 USD/night) I paid was quite reasonable for what I got. I'm giving it four rather than five stars because it is not a swank or quiet as other hotels I've visited. The experience deserves more.

Room Tip: Room 404 has a cute little balcony with a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 10fish
Pula, Croatia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

In november my friend and I went for a combined business-friends trip in Istanbul. After searching, we decided to stay at the Amira hotel, for the central location and for the good reviews. We wanted to see and experience the most of this beautiful town, and we sure did. The staff of this small and delightful hotel is very professional and obliging. They arranged for us the trips, checked all kind of information, get us the jettons for the tram and booked tickets for the dance show. Not to mention that the Turkish delight served with the afternoon tea was delicious and the staff very amiable.
The hotel room was very clean, every day refurnished whit clean towels and nice lavander soaps.
I will recommend to my friends this nice boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are maybe better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends