“I highly recommend this tour company!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daily Istanbul Tours

Daily Istanbul Tours
Ranked #1 of 534 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Turkey Tours, Daily Istanbul Tours offer Day Tours in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Gallipoli, Troy, Fethiye, Antalya more. We are a local tour company that offers daily small group and private tours for cruise ship passengers from Istanbul and Kusadasi (ephesus) ports.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
London, England, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“I highly recommend this tour company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

After going through TripAdvisor, we settled on Daily Istanbul Tours. I have been to Istanbul in the past, but it was the first time for my husband and my 9 year old boys. I wanted a custom made private tour over 2 half days to take in the sights without it becoming tiring for the kids.
Firstly, Soner was a dream to work with. He was extremely courteous and prompt and no request was too much. He arranged for Oslem to be our guide and she was very knowledgable! I felt like I was seeing Istanbul for the first time.
On the first day, we saw Topkapi and the Harem. Unfortunately, quite a bit of the palace is under renovation, but we still got to see a lot. We then visited the Hippodrome, the Obelisk and the Basilica Cistern. Oslem was very patient and was happy to walk at our pace.
My son had a terrible cold and we were late for our tour on the second day. Oslem went out of her way to take us to a pharmacy, which we would have found difficult to source by ourselves. We saw the Blue Mosque, Haggia Sophia and the Dolmabache Palace.
Now this tour is not cheap, but it was definitely worth it. We took in the sights at our pace. We learnt a lot about Istanbul's past and present and you beat all the long, winding queues outside the museums. Oslem also pointed us to some interesting places to eat and visit, which we will do on our next trip.
I suggest you budget for a private tour of your own, especially if you have kids who constantly need the toilet, are hungry or easily distracted. It was worth it and we are more than likely to use them again in the future.

1 Thank Gayatri K

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Istanbul and Ephesus Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful experience we had with the tour guides you provided for our trip in Turkey.
Yasmin and Yusuf they were both extremely knowledgeable and showed us all the important highlights in Istanbul and Ephseus.
I have to thank you as well for patiently replying to all my emails.
The service you provided was well worth the money we spent so I would highly recommend your team for touring around Istanbul and Ephseus
Thank you so much and thanks a lot to Yasmin and Yusuf.
We wish you the very best

Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Spent a wonderful day with Ali!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband, our 8 year old son and I had the chance to spend a wonderful day with Ali in Istanbul in May of 2014. Ali is very knowledgeable and personable. It's clear he really enjoys his job, and very proud of his city and country. We've learnt so much about the Turkish history and culture from him. He is also very good at taking photos as well! Ali, thank you so much for a perfect day in Istanbul! By the way, Soner was wonderful with Email correspondence before we arrived, always reply promptly and answered many questions. Highly recommended!

Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“2 great tours in Turkey!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were visiting Istanbul & Kusadasi on our Med cruise in May. I booked 2 day tours with DIT-what a great choice!!
Our 1st port was Istanbul with our guide Seline who was a wonderful lady. She took us first to the "Blue Mosque" as it was Sunday and it would be closing early for prayer time @12:00. What a beautiful place! Then we went to "Hagia Sophia" and "Topkapi Palace", such an interesting spot! Seline was so knowlegable about Turkey. She went out of her way to get us baklava which was very yummy!! We had a lunch near the "Spice Market" and shopped here to get spices, candy and nuts. It was VERY crowded in the market area. A great day in Istanbul with Seline!!
Next port was a tour of Kusadasi with Oscar. He was a great guide, so professional and thoughtful and a wealth of knowledge of Turkey. He was also so cooperative to modify our tour which was very nice of him. Our first visit was "House of the Virgin Mary" which was very peaceful. Then we went to Ephesus which was amazing...so much history here and Oscar made it very interesting for all of us. We visited "Terrace Houses" and walked thru the streets of Ephesus. We then drove to Artemis and saw the only remaining column and then back to the port before sailaway time.
In summary, Soner was very prompt and cooperative during the planning of my tours. He is a pleasure to deal with and I would certainly recommend this company for any tours in Turkey. We got back to the ship before scheduled time each day with no worries, which was a bonus with traffic in Turkey!! 2 great days with DIT!!

2 Thank cruiser2b
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great private tours with Daily Istanbul Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I booked a tour to Istanbul and a tour to Ephesus with Daily Istanbul Tours while on a cruise to the mediterannean last week.
I would like to thank Ali for a great tour of Istanbul and Tugba for a great tour of Ephesus.
Both tour guides spoke English very well, and were very knowledgeable about the venues we
visited. They were professional and very friendly. They met us at the terminal at the port of call.
and got us back in time for the ship's departure.
We travelled in airconditioned modern cars, and the drivers were very good as well.
We felt completely safe with these guides. they made us feel welcome and it was a pleasure to be escorted by them. My only regret is that there wasn't enough time to see more. Turkey is a beautiful country. i would love to return some day for a more in depth visit.
Thank you Soner for your assistance!

Visited June 2014