“A Great Day to discover Istanbul”

Daily Istanbul Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$90.00*
and up
Small Group Istanbul Highlights Tour Max 8-10...
Ranked #3 of 563 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Turkey Tours, Daily Istanbul Tours offer Day Tours in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Gallipoli, Troy, Fethiye, Antalya more. We are a local tour company that offers daily small group and private tours for cruise ship passengers from Istanbul and Kusadasi (ephesus) ports.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just spent a day with Ebru our guide from Daily Istanbul Tours. The city is safe so travellers have no fear coming to this fascinating place Ebru is passionate about her job and country and we felt as though we were being shown Istanbul by a friend. Worth every cent of the cost and we left with a real appreciation of the city

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"istanbul tour"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed June 12, 2013

4 of us spent the day with Alli form Daily Istanbul Tours. e saw all the main sites and Alli
was a great source of information. Lunch was at a famous meatball restaurant and it
was really good. We managed to get back to our hotel The Grand Hyatt without being
tear gassed --- So all in all it was a really fun and informative day. I would recommend
this tour.

1  Thank dano
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our cruise ship was stopping in Istanbul for the day so we emailed Daily Istanbul Tours beforehand and set up a tour. We were met outside the disembark area by a smiling Samir. After a stroll to the van (Mercedes with welcomed air-conditioning) we headed off for our full day of sightseeing. We were so impressed by Samir's wealth of knowledge of the history and culture of the country. We had no idea that on that day, Saturday, everyone does their shopping.......so the crowds and traffic were tenfold. Despite unimaginable lines and bumper to bumper traffic, we managed get a wonderful overview of the country. We stopped for a fabulous roast lamb and rice lunch ...topped off with Turkish coffee and baklava....and continued to the grand Bazaar. We were scheduled to visit a rug factory but being tired we declined this part of the tour. Despite the horrific Saturday crowds it was a lovely day.

2  Thank Chipper A
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We communicated by email with Daily Istanbul Tours a few weeks prior to travel and we were told they would arrange tours for us. We emailed them the day we arrived and received quick responses, so we were able to arrange for a very full day of touring, including a boat ride up the Bosporus, the Spice Market, lunch at a wonderful restaurant, and the Blue Mosque. We were supposed to see Hagia Sofia as well, but we were so tired, we decided to leave it for another day. Our guide Osgu was excellent. She was fluent in English, and very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the country, easily answering our questions aside from the usual talking points about all the famous sites. The driver was always available as soon as we finished with one site, to go to the next. Osgu also left us with a list of the best places to go during the rest of our vacation and places to get various items for the best quality. Although friends back home were concerned about the protests, they did not impact our trip at all. We walked over to Taksim Square yesterday, and the atmosphere is peaceful there. Overall, we had a great time.

1  Thank Marsha S
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I booked an escorted tour of Greece and Turkey through an American tour company. My primary reason for choosing this particular tour was that it included the ruins of Athens, some of the Greek Islands and Istanbul. Going to Turkey was important to us as my Husband's Grandparents were born in Istanbul. Unfortunately, due to lack of attendance, the Turkey portion got cancelled. If I could have backed out on this tour company, I would have, but I had prepaid. This left me with planning the trip to Turkey myself. Something that I dreaded.

My fears were unwarranted though. I found Daily Istanbul Tours via TripAdvisor and was impressed with their 5 Star Rating and all the wonderful praises from past clients. I emailed back and forth with Soner, the owner and he was able to tailor a tour to our specific needs. Even still, I was worried about what we might find when we finally arrived in Istanbul.

Again, my fears were unwarranted. Soner greeted us at the airport. We took a 1/2 day driving tour of Istanbul. This was a private tour; just me, my husband, Soner and the van driver. The van was not your typical van. It was air-conditioned (like Americans are used to) and plush. We sat in comfy back bench seat and Soner's seat faced us so his attention was on us at all times. The driver was absolutely fantastic. And Soner, well, I just cannot say enough good about him. He speaks English fluently and is so knowledgeable about all aspects of Turkey; the sites, the culture. We toured the Spice Market and cruised the Bosphorus after which Soner took us to lunch at a restaurant where the locals dine; it was delicious! He even dropped us off at the Whirling Dervishes venue that night. The next day we took a private full-day walking tour with Soner. Istanbul is very crowded and there were hundreds of people waiting in line to buy tickets and then hundreds more waiting to get into the venues such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Because Soner purchased our tickets for us ahead of time, we were able to bypass all of these people and go straight to the front of the entrance line into the venues. What a time saver! We also toured the Topkapi Palace, Underground Cistern and Grand Bazaar. The last day Soner planned an excursion to Ephesus for us.

I just cannot say enough good about Soner and Daily Instanbul Tours. The knowledge that he imparted was incredible! He is someone in which you can put your trust!