“Never ever again!”

Ranked #138 of 1,031 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Never ever again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

I started off giving this hostel the benefit of the doubt as it was so cheep (its not a hotel and most of the rooms have not very nice shared bathrooms) I gave it the benefit of the doubt to start, but later events made me change my mind.

When I arrived (very late at night and tired) The hotel staff would not speak to me, instead they had an argument with my Turkish boyfriend, in Turkish as we were not married and staying together. I put this down as ok its a Muslim country and moved on. The room was TINY and had no TV (I was told it would do) But again I thought its so cheap and in a great position. So again the benefit of the doubt was given.

There were no towels in the room, but eventually some were found for us, so we could enjoy the constant hot water, which was really nice. Again however the staff would not speak to me, even though the booking was in my name, so my boyfriend had to sort it out. We were never offered any change of towel.

The room was clean- ish, although it could have been better. I had a bit of a clean up one day.

There was no sign of the free WIFI at any point in the hotel.

I started to hate walking past reception as I knew I was being talked about and would only go past with my boyfriend due to the staff attitude towards me. I'm sure had my boyfriend had been English this would not have been a problem!

I booked through booking.com and was constatly hassled for payment (through my boyfriend of course!) They were not happy with the consept of my card being charged when we checked out! So on the second last day I went to pay. They did not want to accept my card!!!!!! It clearly said in the booking conditions I could use it. When I insisted they said my card was declined and made me go and get the cash to pay. This whole process was again highly upsetting as I was made to feel like I wasnt going to pay!

There are much nicer hotels that are not much more expensive in Istanbul. These hotels will also provide an airport shuttle service and breakfast! I'm also sure that there are some much nicer youth hostels.

Avoid this place if you are a woman or an unmarried couple!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fleurie14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed there in the beginning of September.. the hostel is located near Aya Sofia, location is just excellent. Tram station is 50 meters from the hostel.

Rooms are base furnished, private bathroom.. I think for this price- 30 euros/double room is just excellent place. The guys running the hostel are really nice- always helpful :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LANA_890
Travelers also viewed these Istanbul hotels
Yeni Hostel
#23 of 1,191 in Istanbul
Hotel Tulip House
Hotel Tulip House
#48 of 1,031 in Istanbul

Been to Hotel Erenler? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Erenler

Property: Hotel Erenler
Address: Hoca Pasa Mah. Tayahatun Sok. No:11 Eminonu/Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34110, Turkey
Location: Turkey > Istanbul > Sultanahmet
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #138 of 1,031 B&Bs / Inns in Istanbul
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Erenler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.