“Excellent value for money, pleasant hotel, service and staff 5 star!”
Review of Hotel Seraglio

Hotel Seraglio
Ranked #21 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have not checked out yet, but wanted to write this one before I get out tomorrow. Wife and I found them through trip advisor. At first sight, their entrance is questionably lackluster and we had second thoughts in the first 2 mins. Staff greeted us heartily, and in a few minutes I found these people genuinely honest and welcoming. We got Kenan's signature overview of Istanbul sightseeing (as mentioned in another review before). The room was compact, but fresh, clean and the large comfortable bed and WC were the highlights. I am particularly picky about general ambience and this one is no 5 star yet simple and super super pleasant. The breakfast is another highlight, they have fantastic cakes, cookies, the usual American style breakfast items with some Turkish items thrown in. The chef makes a decent omelet and I woke up everyday waiting to get the day started with a hearty breakfast. The bistro was right next to my room and they serve surprising good food, a warm ambience and allowed guests to smoke the water pipe well past the stipulated timeline of 7PM for outsiders.
Location is of course fantastic, close to everything, we walked up and down the street several times of the day.
The bistro host is a quiet, efficient and friendly guy. How did these guys get everything so right? This turned out to be a great vacation thanks to the hotel, thanks so much team Seraglio!
Constructive feedback - I would recommend spending 3L for a 5L water supply per day for all customers, this would be a differentiator and I wonder why most hotels skimp on this important thing (worser in the USA)

Room Tip: I hear they have a hamam room, try it or get the one next to the bistro too.
1  Thank Kaustubh V
YILMAZ_CGR, Owner at Hotel Seraglio, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

My Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Seraglio for your previous stay in Istanbul.
Also special thanks for your feedback about your stay. I am very glad to hear that you were happy about your stay here. I would like to tell you, your feedbacks are very important for us to improve our service quality. I would like to explain one thing about the subject you had mentioned: Untill now we were used to serve two small waters for each room and add new ones everyday regulary. And we are always willing to give you extra ones whenever you need more. But may be we were not clear enough to let you know. Just let you and also our future guests know that; from right now we will be serving big bottle of drinking water (instead of small ones) and still willing to give extra ones anytime.Thank you ones again for spending your valuable time for us. Looking forward to host you again...

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was probably swayed by other excellent reviews to expect more from this hotel. Still, it has plenty of good features. Firstly, it is just a few minutes walk to the Blue Mosque (and therefore to the excellent Mosaic Museum next to the mosque) and only a few minutes more to the other famous sites in the Old City. The room is small but well-equipped (fridge, kettle) and the bathroom is huge with a nice shower. (The bathroom includes a Turkish bath, which must appeal to a certain clientele, but I kept wishing the extra space was allocated to the main room.) Breakfast was excellent, and a cook stands by to knock up a terrific omelet for no extra charge. On the down side, service--although very friendly--was not so good. The room's hair dryer was broken and we were given a temporary replacement that did not work properly, either; neither was fixed during the three nights we stayed there, despite a gentle reminder. In addition, the hotel booked us a shuttle bus to the airport when we left, and it was dreadful: terrible driver, broken seats, overloaded luggage and a generally scungy interior. A taxi would have been well worth the extra money. The room had no obvious form of cooling and it was barely comfortable during mild weather. Finally, despite double-glazing, we were suprised at how much lobby noise and outside noise entered our room; the facing road is by no means busy, but conversation from people outside floated into our room during the night. The hotel is certainly worth considering for a stay in Istanbul, but it is expensive and I would check out other options first.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GSK11

My Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for choosing us,also special thanks for your review about your stay at Hotel Seraglio. We attach great importance to our guests' feedbacks, especially the criticing ones. Because they show us the missing points that we still have to work on them.
Unfortunately it is the first time one of our hairdryer broke down since we have opened. We couldnt fix the hairdryer and ordered new ones ( 2 extra ones just in case). We tried to find excatly the same ones,not to damage the decoration of the bathroom but it took some time to get those. I am suprised and sorry to hear that the temporary replacement one didnt work well. I will be taking my staff ' attention to focus on the problems more untill it is solved totally.About airport transportation we always give different options for our guests for variable budgets. But it is always our guests final decision, we just try to help them. Still let the third party (transportation company) know about your comment. Finally I am sorry for not able to meet %100 of your expectations this time which can not be possible all the time.
Looking forward to host you once again in the future...

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel is about as good as it gets. The whole staff did their best to make our stay a truely memorable one.The room and bathroom : Very,very clean. Huge comfortable bed and the best shower we've had in ages. We felt very much at home throughout our 4 night stay. Istanbul is a really exciting city to explore. The hotel was in easy walking distance of all the major attractions. It's on a quiet sidestreet and ,apart from the morning prayer call, we slept very well. There are restaurants galore nearby and more than enough shops to satisfy all our needs. Pricewise it would be difficult to find better value than here. To all the people at the Hotel Seraglio :
Keep up the good work and pretty soon you'll be Tripadvisors number 1 choice in Istanbul.
Hope to be back in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Just back from a 5 night stay with my wife at this hotel. We both loved the hotel and will definitely be staying here again. Staff were great, very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious, location was great and buffet breakfast has something for everyones taste.

1  Thank fullbelly
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Seraglio Hotel. It's in a great location and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is excellent though the hotel's Bistro food is nothing to write home about. It's nice to have there though, in case you don't feel like going out.

My only comment is that I do not recommend the half day Bosphorus tour that the front desk staff told us we should do. A one to two hour boat ride would've been sufficient as the four hours really dragged on. The place they take you on the Asia side is just a bunch of tourist shops and you don't have enough time to really explore (we had just 25 minutes).

The Seraglio Hotel is a solid place to stay in the old city and I recommend checking them out!

Room Tip: It was unseasonably warm in November and we were on the third floor which was really hot even at nig...
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I wish all hotels were like this......wonderful staff, nice rooms, great location, and a full breakfast buffet. Staying at the Hotel Seraglio really enhanced our time in Istanbul. The staff went our of their way to ensure our visit was perfect to Istanbul and Turkey was perfect in every way.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana G
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We received a warm welcome from Kenan, he took the time to brief us on the hotel and the city attractions, at the same time offering us turkish coffee and turkish delight. All the staffs at the front desk, breakfast room, Bistro Seraglio are very friendly. The breakfast buffet is excellent with lots of fruit choices. We dine at Bistro Seraglio 4 nights out of our 7 nights stay. They serve good food with different choices for good value. Kenufe and Sultan's Favorite should not be missed. The early morning prayer call did not bother us at all. Stay here and you will surely enjoy the place. Close to tram and lots of restaurants. Thank you all for making our trip a memorable one.

2  Thank Carol3466