“Istanbul - worth more time to explore”

Historic Areas of Istanbul
Book In Advance
More Info
$88.89*
and up
Istanbul Small-Group Walking Tour: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace...
Ranked #4 of 1,115 things to do in Istanbul
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Istanbul was a wonderful surprise. The historic area is full of wonderful mosques, markets, restaurants and friendly people. We wished we had allowed long time to explore outside the old city ... maybe next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,507)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is first time that I used Trip Adviser during a trip to Istanbul on the advise of my son.I found it extremely useful and handy.Best thing I found was its ability to work off line,so never get stranded,Trip Adviser is always there to help. Well done job by the Trip Adviser and keep updating all the new additions.I would recommend making it more simpler to use

1  Thank Duraiz
Reviewed July 27, 2013

So close to most of the historic sites and actually inside the histic city. The evening stroll was a highlight.

2  Thank Con M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

So what was the historic area, the Grand Bazaar, totally for tourists it felt like. The spice bazaar was more exciting to me, so many things to eat, smell and simply taste. The people there were a lot pleasanter, and did not get in your face like in the Grand Bazaar.
The Mosques, buildings, all very old.
I liked having lunch at the Pudding shop...yummmmmmm

1  Thank Helen D
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our first visit to Istanbul will not be our last. Beautiful City, warm people, great food. We were enchanted.

1  Thank Claudiaroz