“My third visit to Istanbul Apartments”

Istanbul Apartments Istiklal
Ranked #65 of 1,191 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Porto, Portugal
“My third visit to Istanbul Apartments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my third visit ti Istanbul Apartments. I have known the owners many years. Even though I have other, family options, in Istanbul I must say that spending few days in the Beyoglu area gives me the greatest pleasure. I have used the apartment Kybele near Cihangir as my home and enjoyed it very much. Hasan and Mahmut have always been very helpful. I even use their driver Ridvan quite often.

Room Tip: Go for the flat Kybele!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
We love guests coming back again and again. We are trying to make them feel in their own home. Service, location and cleanliness are the most importan factors of course.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Vigo, spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wanted to be close to the Beyoglu area to take advantage of all the fun with my US friends. We rented the duplex two bedroom apartment Pera. The flat was clean, had two living rooms and the owners have given me a discount for coming back again. The staff HASAN and Mahmut is still there with smiling faces as before. Service is fast. An email is sufficient to see a happy face at the door within two minutes. Incredible.

Room Tip: Take flat Pera, best possible deal possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest Zeynep,

We would like to thank you for your review about Istanbul Apartments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments.

Best wishes from Istanbul Apartments team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My friend and I came to Istanbul for the first time in December and stayed here for the month. We couldn't have picked a better place for our stay, especially location wise! It was very easy to get around the city. As it is in a very popular area of Istanbul, it was easy for us to discover the touristic sites & other amenities. The apartment was very clean. The service was superb as the very friendly staff were able to cater our requests and needs. As we were in a popular area, considering the liveliness of the nightlife scene, indoors, we felt like we were removed from the crowd and all that noise. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mervemia
Dearest Mervemia,

Ww would like to thank you for your review about Istanbul Apartments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Apartments team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Having been to Taksim before I kind of knew the area and can say that these apartments are perfect for being near the centre. It's just across the road from istiklal/Taksim but not actually on the road so it isn't noisy. It is also right near the metro with access to kabatas and the tram to see the sights in sultanahmet etc. The apartments are cosy and clean, I went when it was quite cold in Istanbul and the apartment was nice and warm which made it feel very homely. The apartment has all the amenities you need and it also has Wifi which is perfect if you have labtop. The staff especially Mahmut was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was a trouble for him and he made sure we had everything we needed. I would definately recommend these apartments for great price and excellent quality and location. I will for sure be coming back here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ela R
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Our buildings are all very much centrally located and still in quiet streets. We sure do not offer any luxury apartments but bu try to give a high class service.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was me and a friend who was visiting Istanbul for the first time. The apartment was very spacious and furnished with everything you can ask for. We stayed for a week long and Hasan and Mahmut were very friendly. They helped us with our questions & requests. I really recommend this place if you are visiting because it was walking distance to pretty much everywhere. Especially Istiklal street (Las ramblas of Istanbul where you can find shops &restaurants) Also due to location, subway is right there so you can go crazy with exploring the city :)

I would definitely stay again during my next trip!

Thanks Istanbul Apartments!!

Room Tip: Apartment "Galata" was really spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank NazzColakoglu
Well, if one can be objective, Istiklal is definitely better than Las ramblas of Barcelona in many ways. Well still our job is to give the service possible to our guests
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I came with my girlfriend to Istanbul this summer from New York for the first time. We first stayed in Istanbul and then went on a boat trip in the south and came back and stayed at Istanbul Apartments again. The owner of the hotel is a very sweet couple named Necdet and Ayse who were both very friendly. They gave us grate advice on what to see and where to eat in the city. They were also very accommodating with our needs. They arranged a car service to pick us up from the airport, gave us options on different rooms we could stay in that fit our needs as well. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel was also great as it was only a few minutes walking distance to Istiklal street (in the center of the city). It is also very easy to get to the old city from Taksim (you can either walk or take the tram. The walk is very pleasant and I would recommend it).
We also met Hassan and Mamut who work at the hotel who were both very helpful and nice. They helped us with navigating around the city and they lived very close to our hotel so whenever we needed help they were able to get to our room within minutes.They were pretty fluent in English so we didn't have too much of a language barrier.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, not only because it is clean and nice but also because of the superior service it offers. Clearly Necdet and Ayse understand the needs of their customers and are both very accommodating.

Room Tip: Sorry no swimming pool accidentally clicked on it and can't remove the stars.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hunter P
Dearest Hunter,

Best Wishes from Istanbul Apartments team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic holiday in Istanbul. We found Istanbul apartments to be a great accomodation. The size and cleanliness was very good, the staff were great and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Josiehartley
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
A lot of the old housing has been ripped down to rebuild much better ones. Naturally this causes temporary problems but our apartments are not affected. Taksim will look much better in the near future.