“Great location, friendly staff.......perfect”
Review of Hotel Han

Hotel Han
Ranked #126 of 1,087 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Baha was very honest about room size we and got exactly what we were told. We stayed five nights and location was perfect. I forgot to mention to Baha about my mum not able to walk up the stairs and he was happy to change a room to downstairs. The breakfast was filling and the rooms were made everyday with change of towels. excellently situated between Aya sophia, topkapi and blue mosque. The hotels own restaurant was very good. Barbecue house restaurant has a terrace dining area which was very nice in the evening and the staff were always friendly and helpful. The lady who made our breakfast was very friendly even though she did not speak much english. i would definately stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: if you have problem walking up the stairs mention it before booking so you can get room downstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank wahida m

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a small hotel, excellently situated between Aya Sophia, Topkapi, and Galata Bridge. Near tramway-stop Sultanahmed, in a touristic district, with many restaurants etc., but nevertheless you can sleep quietly. Nicely decorated roooms (look on internet), rather small, but that's no problem. No TV but we knew that beforehand. Good airco, not noisy. Cosy restaurant, excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: room 204 is a nice room at the backside
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at the room 101 of this hotel on 11th, 12th day of August.

The manager of this hotel was kind, and the room was good.
I could use hot water at any time.

Especially, I really enjoyed the breakfast.

However, I felt inconvenienced when I opened the closed or locked door (room door, restroom door, all) because it was hard to open doors.

It is the only problem of this hotel.

Room Tip: You may experience problem when you open the doors (room door, restroom door) at the room 101.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Best location for a true Turkish experience. Hotel room was very clean, change of towels and linen everyday, mini fridge for personal use, air-conditioner a lifesaver, very friendly and helpful Managers and Staff. We just dropped our shopping at the desk each day and the staff took same to our room upstairs. The Manager arranged our shuttle from and back to the Ataturk Airport, taxis and trips- in minutes. Plenty of excellent shops, restaurants, sights etc all nearby within walking distance. I would not hesitate to recommend and stay at this fabulous Hotel Han again. A bonus was the Barbecue House restaurant downstairs, offering genuine Turkish foods served either inside or on the rooftop terrace - at good prices. The staff at this restaurant were extremely helpful, friendly and confident that they were offering good food and service. A very big thank you and well done to the staff at Hotel Han and the Barbecue House.

Room Tip: All rooms are upstairs with a carpeted staircase and noise at a minimum.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great location for the hotel but extremely poky rooms which clearly had not had a proper cleaning in quite some time as I found an empty water bottle behind the (non-working) fridge that did not belong to me. Also had the distinct sensation that some sort of creature was biting me at night in the bed. Shower was okay but varied from too hot to only lukewarm at the same setting. It took me a while to find the setting that maintained both of these as a bearable level.
As for the front desk... I had to come back to the hotel 4 times during my last day to attempt to book the airport bus but there was nobody at reception any of those times. The final time, it was only when I kicked up a fuss that I actually got the bus ticket from one of the arrogant waiters from the restaurant out front, also having to endure him telling me to 'relax lady'. Just what I needed to hear on my 4th trip back to the hotel. As a single female traveller, it was also somewhat off-putting to have to reject the persistent advances of one of the waiters who wanted to take me out to a night club, despite my telling him that I'm married and not interested.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2012

By far the best location right next to the best tourist attractions, tram line and the cheerful restaurant down stairs. The hotel has a young cosy atmosphere with Turkish "mama" making and serving the breakfast. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Two rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I shared a quad room, and it was better than I expected. The room was spacious and the bathroom was large and cleaned daily, with fresh towels. The staff were better than I could have expected, they treated us more like house guests which made the trip much more memorable...and the breakfast was our best meal in Istanbul, I wish I could have taken the lovely chef back home with me! Baha was a great host and helped us find whatever we needed and was always available for help...I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family