“Great location, Friendly staff”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The White House Hotel is in a great location for walking to the major sites in the old part of Istanbul. Cafer and his colleagues on reception could not have been more helpful and very keen to ensure we enjoyed our stay. The hotel, which has 22 rooms, has been recently fitted out so all is fresh and clean. The bedroom was clean, well furnished and a reasonable size, the bed being very comfortable. There was no bath but the shower was fine. Our room was at the rear of the hotel and the view was very unattractive looking across a narrow light well to an old building although I suspect this is normal in Istanbul.
Breakfast was OK, with hard boiled and scrambled egg, fresh fruit, cereal, bread, cake, cheese etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Harpenden_Travellers
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Wecould not have made a better choice in our first visit to Istanbul than the White House Hotel. While small, our room was immaculate and comfortable. The entire staff went out of their way to make us welcome and assist us in so many ways in our four days there. Every restaurant suggestion turned out to be both delicious and reasonabley priced.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Claver10

Reviewed October 12, 2010

The White House has a great location near the old city attractions. It's a brand new building too. What really brings the great reviews though is the people, they went out of there way at every step of the process to help, Thanks everybody, you did great!

4  Thank radboard

Reviewed October 12, 2010

This little jewel of a hotel is nicely located, but the best quality is a staff who goes more than the "extra mile" to make your visit a good one. The bellman (at the request of the desk manager) even personally walked us a couple of blocks to show us where to exchange money and catch the tram. Never has that happened before!

4  Thank 51cruisetravelagent

Reviewed October 9, 2010

This lovely hotel is just a few minutes walk from the top sites in the city. The attractive rooms are comfortable with attention to detail. From the minute you walk into the small charming lobby, one feels the warm welcoming atmosphere. The breakfast buffet is convenient and they even try to have some variety from day to day. The rooftop terrace is complete and will be pleasant in nice weather.

But what stands out most as previously mentioned is the staff. Elif was unbelievably helpful trying to assist me in resolving my problem when the airlines inadvertently canceled my reservation. She is definitely special and they are lucky to have her there.

The entire rest of the staff is also friendly and quite attentive and go out of their way to be pleasant, helpful, and kind. They function more like a family than a group of employees. Hats off to the manager for creating this environment. btw, he too tried to help me with my reservation issues. Thank you...

All and all, I think this is a great choice for an enjoyable stay in Istanbul.

3  Thank jkgca

Reviewed October 9, 2010

The White House Hotel was a wonderful discovery on my recent trip to Istanbul. Everyone there was most welcoming and helpful. We arrived from our cruise ship hours before the hotel's actual check-in time but that was not a problem. We were brought refreshments and our bags were taken graciously. The staff could not have been more welcoming, especially Elif at the front desk. She actually stayed beyond the end of her shift to help my friend who was having a major problem with her airline reservations.
The rooms were immaculate and ours was quite spacious and nicely decorated. The breakfast which was included in the room price was excellent...especially the pomagranite juice on our last day there.
If I return to Istanbul, I would look forward to another stay at this very well-located hotel. It was a five minute walk to Hija Sofia and ten to Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque.
Lovely find!!!!

3  Thank jojoinboston
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2015

My Dearest Guest jojoinboston ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Owner

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We were a group of 4 couples that stayed at the White House Hotel for 6 days. Room were spotless clean. A little small, but you are never in your room. Bathrooms were modern and always supplied with lots of useful items. Breakfast was good each morning with a good variety. The best part of the hotel were the people on staff. Helpful, personable, and always ready to help you and please you. Thanks again to Jaffer, and all the young friendly staff at the White House...Perfect location. We would definately stay at the white house again.

3  Thank jlkToronto