“Deserves to be a 5 star hotel!”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel deserves every good word that is said about it! There is nothing to fault. I was told twice by the Manager that this is not a 5 star hotel. I do not know why not. There is no bar or restaurant on the premises but just across the road there is a choice of restaurants and all very friendly even if you just want to sit down for a drink and savour the magnificent view. Meryem, at reception, was always very obliging and helpful as were all other staff. Breakfast was typical Turkish fare and this was served by very friendly staff and the choice was different everyday and certainly fresh. It also had a wonderful view that I did not tire of. Due to travelling arrangements I stayed at the hotel on three different occasions in the month of July and I had the opportunity to try three different rooms staying a total of eight nights. The rooms were all beautiful and very clean.

The location of the hotel is very close to all the main attractions and only a couple of minutes walk to the tram that takes you to all other places of interest. I have travelled extensively and I found this hotel to be far superior to most, if not all, others.

I can not say enough good things about this hotel and will certainly be visiting them again on my next Istanbul trip.

Room Tip: I have no negative comments about the rooms I stayed in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DeniseB08
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Sahibi at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Owner
Harun CADIRCI

Write a ReviewReviews (3,502)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The White House does not quite warrant the rave reviews it gets here. While it's in a great location and tries very hard, there are too many negatives to give it 5, or even 4 stars. The airport pick-up is great, the staff are wonderful and do their best to help, but this doesn't make up for annoyances like the tiny, cramped rooms and undistinguished breakfast amongst other things. There is barely room to put anything down in the bedroom and the linen is spartan. The imitation, gilded bedside table with "antique" phone, clock and lamp takes up so much space as to be a complete nuisance. The bathroom was better and had a great shower, but again not a lot of space. My bedroom door lock failed more than once and there were no pillows in the room on arrival. As others have commented, although breakfast appears to have a lot of choice, the quality is poor. While it's good that every hotel in the world does not feel it has to provide the full US/UK style cooked breakfast buffet, one with the aims the White House clearly has should at least focus on fresh ingredients, decent juices, pastries, cereals etc. So all in all a good base in Sultanahmet, but a let down after all the reviews here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank amm1u
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is a small hotel with staff so attentive, you'd think it's a family run business. The rooms are extremely clean, with decor to rival most 5-star hotels. Positioned within 10 minutes walk of most major tourist attractions, there is no need to spend money on transport. Breakfast is both tasteful and abundant and the view from the terrace dining room is breathtaking.

We visited in December during snowfall which only served to enhance our magical experience in Old Town Istanbul. Our inability to speak Turkish was not a problem as the staff at the front desk made every effort to answer any and all questions we had. They advised us of where to go, and more importantly where not to go, and as a result we got an exceptional deal on a beautiful lamb leather coat we found at a manufacturer they had directed us to. Visiting a country without knowing a word of their language is sometimes a daunting experience, however Meryem and Aiden at the front desk ensured our visit was a memorable one.

We will definitely be visiting them again and won't be considering another hotel on our next visit to Istanbul. You don't have to take our word for it, because at more than reasonable prices they charge, you can afford to experience it for yourself.

Thank you to everyone at the White House Hotel, and we will be seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vatsilas
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the White House Hotel in Istanbul and cannot say enough good things about the wonderful, gracious service. When I had to depart early in the morning for the airport, they opened the (fabulous) breakfast buffet an hour early -- just for me. The location of the hotel is also outstanding, on a quiet side street within easy walking distance of all the top sights in the older part of the city. My room was comfortable and absolutely spotless. Mariam at the front desk was particularly helpful to me one day when I took at taxi to the Chora Museum; she summoned the taxi and made sure that the driver did not overcharge me. I would not hesitate to recommend the White House Hotel to even the most discriminating traveler.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MTCWashington

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and I was really surprised.
The location cannot be better, it is close to every top sites (Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar,etc.)
Accommodation is comfortable and hospitality is wonderfull!
A real excellent hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcel R

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have just come from one of the sweetest stays ever in a lifetime of great travel: after our tour of The Holy Lands and Petra/Jordan we took some time in Istanbul at The White House Hotel for wonderful, comfortable accommodation and most of all hospitality to the highest degree!! Their location is outstanding there in the old city a short walk from the major attractions!! But it is the warmth of the staff that was so endearing and if you want to relax with an attentive caring staff this is the place!! *****!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Victoria A

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Based upon my wonderful experience at this hotel a year ago, I did not hesitate to reserve this hotel again for our annual visit to Istambul. But, I admit I was a bit curious to see if the hotel relaxed its standards given the wonderful reviews by its guests. And, again the hotel did not dissapoint! Upon arrival we were greeted with drinks and a warm welcome. But, our surprise came when they opened the door to our room. First, it was the same room as I stayed in last year.But, I taught they ,are a mistake and gave a honeymoon room to us because the whole room was filled with lit candles, rose petals, a bottle of wine and a warm hand written note from the owner/ manager and a beautiful vase of flowers. I have never been so taken off guard in a hotel and I have been a special guest at places like Four Seasons, etc.
Everything else was as I experienced before and upon checkout received a beautiful rosé and sweets that again left me feeling special.
The owner/manager and all the wonderful staff here really understand what makes a stay special. I congratulate them for their consistency and hope they never loose this touch.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are a bit noisier,but if city dweller, no problem.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank utka
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2015

My Dearest Guest utka ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,