“Excellent service, location and room”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived way too early for check in at 7am but they gave us another room to use till ours was ready so that was good coz most hotels don't bother to entertain early check-in especially that early.
Room was very clean and comfortable, shower was great but the shower area is relatively small.
When they noticed we came with a baby, they ensured that our room had a baby crib (without us requesting it). They also took the initiative to decorate our room with candles and flower petals.
Throughout our stay, we were given many freebies from fruit basket to turkish delight.
All the staffs were very helpful and friendly that made out stay more memorable.
The breakfast on the rooftop has a great view. Selection of bfast is ok.
The location of this hotel is very good, as it is near all the main attractions. It is literally less than 5 mins walk to the blue mosque/sophia museum/topkapi palace.
We chose this hotel because it is highly rated on tripadvisor and now we know why. This hotel goes out to please their guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Write a ReviewReviews (3,555)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this boutique hotel prior to a cruise we were taking. Prior to arriving, we had the hotel set up transportation from the airport to the hotel (which is close to an hour away). When we checked in, we were offered refreshments while we checked in. The staff had excellent suggestions for places to eat and things to do. They even had a laptop computer and power adapter that we could borrow. The décor is quite ornate, yet tasteful. The bed was comfortable. The restaurant on top of the roof is small, but gives a grand view of the bridge between Europe and Asia, as well as Haiga Sophia. We got to breakfast late, but were not turned away and not rushed to finish eating. The hotel allowed us to store our luggage while we went site seeing prior to leaving. The location of the hotel is within walking distance of Haiga Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazzar, and an ancient cistern. However, be aware that it is easy to get lost navigating the Turkish streets. The hotel's business card has a map on the back. This can help you find your way (or give to a taxi driver (that's a whole different adventure) to get you back).

1  Thank Steven W

Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a great experience. As a world traveler, I would rank this hotel right up there, with any hotel of its type, that I've ever stayed at.

First and foremost is the service; a wonderful friendly staff that make you feel as if you are family. The hotel itself is charming done up in a French Provincial manner with lots of white / gold for the furniture and interior walls. It didn't feel like Turkey, but it was very nice.

Bathroom amenities were plentiful and good quality. I especially liked the shower with a rainfall head, body sprays and a hand held spray.

The room was very reasonably sized. As with most European rooms, smaller than an American hotel, but still very comfortable; we were not tripping over luggage as has happened at other European hotels. The furniture was in excellent condition and everything was very clean. The room included a small refrigerator / mini-bar and enough outlets to allow us to charge a couple of phones and a couple of computer laptops.

The breakfast was very decent. Scrambled eggs with tomato and spices (very nicely flavored) in a steam tray along with hard boiled eggs in the steam tray and some sausage slices (more like frankfurter than breakfast sausage). Not incredible but then there was the cold table with many salads, fruits, cereals and bread. They have a decent enough espresso / cappuccino machine as well. A very nice way to start the day on the rooftop with a decent (not great, but decent) view of the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia. My only complaint about the breakfast (and this is such a nice hotel I even hesitate to complain about this) was the fruit juice which was dispensed from a machine and was most likely from powdered concentrate. The juices tasted more like kids sweet drinks than fruit juice. Still, it didn't detract from a very nice breakfast.

The rooftop is also a nice place to spend the early evening. It is not very crowded and as it gets dark you will hear the call to prayer from several mosques; quite an interesting aural experience. Since I was the only one there most nights, I had no problem lighting up a cigar and sipping some adult beverage. It was very relaxing.

The hotel is near so many things; we never took a cab and only once took the tram (with a stop a block from the hotel once you learn your way around; 2 blocks until you learn the shortcut). A quick walk out the street and you are looking at dozens of restaurants, souvenir shops and of course, the Mosque and Hagia Sophia.

But, more than anything it is the staff here. So friendly and helpful, a delight to talk with (all seem to speak very fluent English).

We needed to be at the airport very early (like 4:30 am) and the hotel had one of their staff take us there for no extra fee. They were also considerate enough to see that we were sent off with two very nice sandwiches and some cans of juice. It's thoughtfulness like that which will keep us coming back and suggesting this hotel to others.

The only negative about the room was that it was very close to the building next door and our only view was of what appeared to be a print shop across the alley. I am not sure if there are better views, the front of the hotel (we were on the side) faces a nice, but average, street scene. There may be rooms with views of te Mosque, but I can't see how. In any case, we were hardly in the room because there is so much to do there and when we were in the room, we found it very cozy and comfortable.

There is free wifi in the room and on the rooftop garden, and it worked fine.

Our friends were staying about 4 blocks away, on the other side of the mosque, at the Four Seasons. It is also a lovely hotel. The difference was, no free wifi, no free breakfast and one night cost them what we paid for 3 nights at the White House.

I could not recommend this hotel more highly. For the price, or for even more than the price, it is a great value. I hesitate to say even that because many people will think that this is a "value" hotel and that "oh well, it's OK for what it is". That's not the case here; this is a boutique hotel at a very reasonable cost with great staff.

If you're going to Istanbul, stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

If your style is a modern tower block Radisson or Hilton Hotel, the White House is not for you. The White House is a remarkable 'boutique' hotel well situated for visiting the Blue Mosque, Aghia Sofia, the Topkapi palace and many of the great sights of wonderful Istanbul. The welcome is excellent as other reviews have mentioned and then you reach your room. Goldfinger would have loved it! Everything was gold, even the telephone and with all the gilding and mirrors, it was like being in a mini Versailles. However, the necessaries are all modern- a/c, minibar and the best shower ever with jets that massage you all over. The roof terrace is a delight and at night the views to the Bosphorus are superb. When you leave are given a complimentary box of Turkish Delight. Why not 5 stars? A hotel of this quality should give you fresh orange juice, not a synthetic poor imitation. Otherwise, it's in its own way, a delight.

Room Tip: We were upgraded at no cost to a family room
1  Thank Julian1943
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

My Dearest Guest Julian1943 ,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were greeted very warmly by the staff with a cup of hot orange tea and a Turkish delight. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating. The roof top was a nice place to have breakfast although some of the food was a bit strange. Again on departure we were given a box of Turkish delights which was a nice gesture. The rooms were clean with not too much storage space. The Hotel is in the old part of the city and it overlooks rather drab buildings. On the plus side it is walking distance to the main attractions.

1  Thank Sonia H
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2015

Reviewed September 22, 2013

You get a wonderful welcome when booking in and helpful advice during our stay. The room was comfortable and the rooftop terrace was a lovely place to have breakfast. This hotel is well located within walking distance to many attractions including the cistern cavern.they arranged our airport pickup for a charge as we were only 2 nights and helpful when catching taxi to cruise port. Make the driver use the meter!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Istanbul and the White House helped to make it so. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly, and we felt very comfortable during our stay. They were always quick to help us with our various reservations. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is well taken care of. The location is ideal, and most of the historical sites and exquisite restaurants are within walking distance. We always had a great start to the day with a wonderful selection of foods for breakfast up on the terrace, plus a nice view of the Hagia Sophia to put you in the mood for the day's activities. We stayed for 7 days before we left for Cappadocia, and we wish it could have been even longer. Maybe wander up to the terrace in the evening for a glass of wine, staring out at a lit up Hagia Sophia, and listen to the Muezzin calling people to prayer. It's beautiful.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ron s
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2015

My Dearest Guest ron s ,