“hotel review”

Ranked #2 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Tampa, Florida
“hotel review”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for four days in this hote. Location is fantastic, middle of every attractions. Near to very nice restaurand. Rooms are bit smaller but very clean. Front dest people was very helpful.
Breakfast was avarage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I selected this hotel pretty much based in Trip advisor reviews - and was not let down. Unassuming from the outside, you steo inside to a beautifully decorated gem of tranquility!! The staff were polite, very friendly and very helpful. We were welcomed with a snack in the lobby and our room had a hand written letter from the owner thanking us for staying there. The rooms are a good size but the shower was one of the best I have ever encountered, high praise from an old travel dog!! Breakfast is served on a roof top balcony looking out over the old city and the location is perfect for short walks to the major sites of Istanbul. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MariaVG
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 14, 2015

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was a delight to stay at. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We were made to feel very welcome and the hotel was in a wonderful walking location to the old sites of interest. We found it comfortable and very clean. I will recommend this to anyone traveling to Istanbul. And we would definately stay here if we return someday to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Standard room is small compared to North American standards, but suite is very spacious. Small room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rhonda O
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
My Dearest Guest Rhonda O ,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We only stayed for two nights at the White House, and loved it. The location is hard to beat, being on a relatively low key street but only a couple of minutes on foot from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. The Hotel looks nice but unassuming outside, and then you step into the 18th century décor inside. Rococo here we come. The theme carries to the rooms -- and we had two. The rooms are comfortable and the shower was one of the better ones of all time in the eye of a seasoned traveler. The hotel is clean, well maintained. Breakfast on the roof top with views of the usual attractions is great. The staff is extremely friendly and they'll go out of their was to please the traveler (like sending a staff member to purchase a marker when we asked for one) -- truly outstanding.

Room Tip: They'll gladly show you all available rooms in this small hotel, so you can chose the one best s...
1 Thank stevehh2525

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After being recommended by a friend, my boyfriend and I stayed at the White House Hotel in Sultanahmet on the first leg of our trip to Turkey. What a wonderful way to begin our journey! The hotel arranged a shuttle free of charge from the airport, greeted us with OJ and Turkish delight, and gave us a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite. The staff was very helpful and recommended us some good restaurants and helped us with directions when needed. There's a cute rooftop where breakfast is served that has a view of the Hagia Sofia, and the hotel is easily walkable to Istanbul's main attractions - Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, the Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, etc... We had a very early morning flight leaving Istanbul, and they arranged our cab out and gifted us a box of Turkish delight candies on our way out. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ideally situated in close proximity to Haiga Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque, this is the ideal place to stay in Istanbul. The hotel is comfortable, the staff are attentive and helpful, and breakfast on the roof top terrace is the perfect way to start the day. There are plenty of good restaurants within a few minutes walk for your evening meal.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family and I stayed in this wonderful hotel walking distance from Istanbul major attractions. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The street is quiet at nights so your sleep quality is sublime. The Manager goes out of his way to make you feel home away from from home. Breakfast was assorted so you will find something of your taste. Our flight back required us to go the airport very early in the morning and we would miss breakfast. The manager had sandwiches and juice boxes prepared to take with us. They really pamper their guests at White House. If you are planning to go to Istanbul, this is one place to consider.

Room Tip: I think the back rooms are bigger than the front ones.