“Lovely Hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White House Hotel Istanbul

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Irvine, California
“Lovely Hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the White House in Istanbul. The hotel is bright, clean and the staff extremely helpful. The view over the city from the roof terrace (during breakfast) was incredible.

As I had just had surgery on my foot, I had difficulty walking. The staff were very helpful and considerate to the extreme.

We will stay here again, the next time we visit Istanbul.

Room Tip: We had a room right off the lobby which worried us at first. No trouble at all and no noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natzure
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 14, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I just had a great time in Istanbul - and White House Hotel was the perfect place to stay. Such a comfortable room, great breakfast on the roof deck, and really the nicest staff imaginable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Turtle2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just returned from 2 wonderful nights at the White House Hotel Istanbul. The location couldn't be more convenient to the historical sites - Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia just a few minutes away by foot. Rooms lovely and clean. Breakfast good and rooftop deck very nice. Best part was the service. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank janet c
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
My Dearest Guest janet c ,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff are all incredibly friendly; every detail, however small, relaxes and welcomes; and the hotel is in the very heart of Istanbul. I will return to Istanbul and I will not consider any other hotel

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Aak9

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I live in Abu Dhabi and wanted to get away for the Eid holiday; we decided on a city break to take in some culture and opted for Istanbul.

Before deciding on which hotel to book we like most of the readers use ‘Tripadvisor’ to assist us in making our decision. We were amazed by the volume of positive reviews this hotel had and we questioned whether the hotel management were writing their own reviews, but each review seemed different in terms of grammar and content, so we booked for 4 nights (7 to 10 August 2013).

To summarise the Hotel exceeded our expectations and the reviews we read.

I like doing bullet points, so I will firstly do the negatives of the hotel followed by the positives:

Negatives:
1. Sorry but I can’t fault the Hotel in any way.

Positives:
1. Friendliness of staff;
2. Attention to detail, when we made the booking I received a personal e-mail from the Manager confirming the booking, contact details and asking if I required the courtesy airport pick up, which I gladly accepted;
3. The staff were very helpful in providing details of the historical area, opening times of the museums and mosques, recommending excellent restaurants;
4. The hotel was in a central location within walking distance to all the great sights, but was in a tranquil side street away from the noise;
5. The hotel was spotlessly clean, not even a shed of dust on the top of the door frame architrave;
6. The quality of the buffet breakfast on the roof terrace with views of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia was fantastic; and
7. Booked an excursion via the Hotel, a really enjoyable trip up the Bosporus up to the Black Sea.

A big Thank You to the White House Hotel for making our mini holiday very memorable.

Regards

Stephen and Sandy Jones

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QuayJones
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
My Dearest Guest QuayJones ,

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the White House for two nights in August. The location in Sultanahmet is walking distance from many of the historical sites and the tram. Rooms are clean and the staff very attentive and courteous. Breakfast spread provided a good selection of tasteful local offerings and a view of Haghia Sophia. Complimentary Turkish delight is a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

New Canaan, Ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the White House in late July and had a terrific time there. We wanted to stay in the Old Town area near the historic sites and this location couldn't be more convenient. The rooms were very comfortable and a good size. The staff was very helpful and accommodating and we particularly enjoyed having a coffee or glass of wine on the rooftop terrace in the late afternoon after a long day of siteseeing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JEH_CT
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 12, 2015