“Wonderful stay at the White House Hotel Istanbul”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Brooklyn, New York
“Wonderful stay at the White House Hotel Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at the WH from the 13th of June through the 16th, and just felt all the way around the staff was exceptionally courteous and extremely helpful! We had come to Istanbul to site see and also to go to a few events, with our 7 and 9 year old boys. Although on line you could not exactly book for four people staying in the room, the staff was super helpful allowing me to order an extra cot for the room.

Everything, including location, breakfast, etc., was excellent. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Istanbul.

Staff was also really great helping us getting taxis, figure out places to eat, helping arrange for babysitting.

1 Thank Sunil S
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
My Dearest Guest sunspot19 ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boisemont, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff at the White House Hotel is truly outstanding, they are all genuinely warm and friendly and helpful. Special points for the 2 main people at reception, Meriem and the smiling gentleman who was there in the evenings - both were really lovely and keen to make our stay perfect.

When we arrived, late at night, we were offered drinks and a Turkish sweet, with some general advice about the city. Arriving in our room (I don't know if I should say this - it will spoil your surprise!) we found lit candles everywhere, rose petals on the bed and a complementary mini wine bottle, together with a lovely handwritten welcoming letter.

The room is not very large, but very clean, with a large comfortable bed and modern shower equipment. The interior design is a little kitsch for my taste, but it was not a big issue.
The hotel has the perfect location in the old city, just minutes on foot away from St Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar, the Basilica Cistern and the convenient tramway station Sultanamet. And there are plenty of restaurants in the surrounding streets.

Breakfast is on a lovely roof terrace, with a stunning view of St Sophia. (my only negative point : the orange juice that tastes very chemical). The terrace can be accessed at any time of the day for a little break.

Because we were staying 4 nights, the hotel came to pick us up at the airport on arrival, which is really a relief - no waiting in a taxi queue and no hassle of explaining where you are going !

As we were leaving, not only did they give us a box of Turkish sweets, but a young man even came with us to the tramway station to carry our luggage - I really never expected that kind of service - I was amazed !
I would definitely stay there again.
The White House hotel really does deserve its excellent rating on Trip Advisor...!
PS for the Basilica Cistern, go in the morning, when doors open at 9am, it's empty and it's really worth seeing without the hassle of noisy crowds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank delph-h
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 16, 2015

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

we went there for a two day break, hotel location was excellent to visit all the major attractions. You can visit all the major attractions by walk from this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for short breaks. Please don't go to anatolia hotel for food as it was the worst i had in my whole trip. BA.com will offer you good flight tickets from London. Please dont book car from outside as they dont turn up, i have booked from expedia. You can book a car by White house hotel staff. Nice brk fast and nice ambiance for brkfast at the roof top. Enojy the holiday

Room Tip: we have got a room in second floor which was very good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RaviEdara

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the White House for 7 days in June 2013. We could not have had a better experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location was very close to all the major sites. Our room was on the first floor so I was worried about noise, but the street was very quiet at night. Breakfast was lovely on the rooftop with views of Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. I would highly recommend this hotel.

4 Thank Cristina O

Central Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. We were there for 3 days 2 night and the location was centrally located to everything we wanted to see and do. I like the fact that this hotel serves breakfast on the roof top and that we were able to get free wifi at the hotel to communicate with family and friends back home. We also loved the extra care to detail that the staff went to to make our trip very pleasant. If you are looking for a hotel to stay at while in Istanbul, the White House is and excellent choice. You won't be disappointed. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we return. Thank you for everything. 5 star hotel & 5 star service.

Room Tip: If you are not sure where to stay, the staff at the White House makes you feel very comfortable and...
2 Thank huptoo

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Ideal location in the tourist area within walking distance of all main attractions and restaurants. The staff was delightful and always ready to help. The shuttle was there at the airport for us. The breakfast very nice on the upper floor. I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank diabolof

Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel last December.
Rooms are small and essential but clean and pretty new.
Breakfast is served on the roof floor and there are both sweet (Turkish sweets) and salted meals.
The hotel is on a side street in the middle of the old town. It might be loud at night but I´m afraid that is the same in the whole city. The big advantage is that you can reach in a very short walking distance all the main historical attractions as well as the Grand Bazar. Just round the corner there are also many restaurants to have lunch or dinner.
The staff is very friendly and could satisfy all our requests. I even forgot a scarf and they sent that back to me immediately after my departure.
When reading the other reviews I was a little astonished about the fact they would explicitly ask guests to give them full points on TA. They did that indeed but in a very friendly way without obliging anybody.
For a short stay in Istanbul I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vcorby80
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 24, 2015