“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our first experience in Istanbul. The Hotel staff made it easy and enjoyable for us. We were pick up at the airport, welcomed by a very friendly staff with welcome drinks, Turkish delights, and gave us the little Turkish "Evil Eye". The room is small, but clean and nice. The breakfast is good, but the staff are great. They made us feel at home. They have a wonderful view from their breakfast room, which is on their rooftop. The location is the best. It is only a block away from the Blue Mosque, and the Hagia Sophia. You can find anything within walk distance from the hotel. At the check out, they gave us a box of Turkish delight to bring home, and took us to the airport. We will definitely come back staying in this hotel when we go back to Istanbul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CarySeattle_USA
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
My Dearest Guest CarySeattle_USA ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were offered a free shuttle bus from the airport, were welcomed with a fresh orange juice and a nice chat about the city, had a nice and clean room. All the staff was very kind and helped with any question. The location is great, the breakfast fine. At check out we received a little gift and a drink. This is, what I call a place where you can stay and feel yourself special but still at home. I can only recommend this to everyone.
Andras&Krisztina

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor with little balcony. This was very nice since you have a nice breeze and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Recently we travelled to Istanbul for the first time and were treated with amazing service and hospitality at this centrally located hotel. The rooms are spotless and the staff are amazing! Always on hand to help with any query that we had. The rooftop terrace offers wonderful views of Istanbul while you enjoy a tasty breakfast buffet. We stayed four nights and then after a visit down to Cappadocia, we returned to the White House Hotel for one extra night. The hotel upgraded us to a Superior Room complete with scattered rose petals, tealights and wine!! It was a wonderful surprise. We cannot rate this hotel and its staff more highly!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floor are nice Larger rooms are on the fourth floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony H
My Dearest Guest Tony H ,

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We could not have chosen a better hotel for our stay in Itanbul's old city. The location is central, the accomodations really fine, clean and perfect. The breakfasts very good. But what made our stay superlative was the hotel staff. Everyone went out of their way with many kind gestures. Hava was delightful, and we sent special thanks to the youth referred to as "my friend can help," who got our Internet up and running and reset the fuse when we blew it. A perfect, warm and wonderful stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OntheroadagainLibrar
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
My Dearest Guest OntheroadagainLibrar ,

Side, Turkey
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location, close to lots of attractions. There was plenty of places to eat and drink around the hotel too. The staff are very helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel is very clean and comfortable.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John A
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I’ve been to Istanbul about 6 or 7 times over the past 4 years, on business, staying at small boutique hotels as well as much more expensive business hotels , like the Swissotel Bosphorus. While I have had excellent experiences in all of the hotels where I’ve stayed, The White House Hotel beats them all. It is simply a few notches above, without breaking a sweat.
1) Spotlessly clean and very well maintained. I start with this because it is the A-B-C of any hotel stay. The property is quite new, which helps, but you can easily tell that the staff is highly oriented towards maintain the level of cleanliness, boarding on neurosis (which was a perfect fit for me personally); 2) Location – this has been repeated by almost every review and for good reason. The hotel is simply right in the heart of where you need to be as a visitor to this wonderful city, maintain just the right distance from the main thoroughfare to allow for a restful night. 3) Service – with the exception of chewing your food or dressing you for a night out, these guys will do it all for you. It’s quite remarkable. 4) Price – given all of the above, this is an absolute steal of a value. 5) The rooftop terrace – It is true that I have seen better views of the city at other Istanbul hotels. However, the terrace here is perfect for kicking back a few beers and/or getting some work done on your laptop. I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I’m in town on business, and would highly recommend it to anyone, whether traveling alone or with family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Yuval T
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Sahibi at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

We hope you come back soon and visit us again...

Best regards,

Hotel Owner & Manager
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wonderful location--5 minutes to major Sultanahmet sites--5 min walk to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque Attractive, well-appointed rooms, clean and most amazing, staff. Absolutely committed to being helpful in whatever way possible--5 star service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa G
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 12, 2015