“Excellent Staff”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Excellent hotel.We stayed for a week.Very clean.Perfect location.Fantastic staff.Especially AYDIN and HAVA.We would definitely stay at The White House Hotel if we return to this very interesting city.Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 501PEDRO48
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2015

Harun CADIRCI

Write a ReviewReviews (3,616)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

very nice hotel
Very convenient to visit Sultanhamed by foot
The staff is excellent specialy AYDIN . He's very helpful
I really recomend it !

Room Tip: We where on the 3rd floor and it was quite
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marta D

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I honestly cannot write a good enough review for this hotel. We arrived very early on a Sunday morning with a free airport transfer, our room was ready and available for us at 7 am and we were greeted with juice and turkish delight. Such a welcome after a 9 hour flight. The friendliness of Ehmet and Remzi on our first morning and thereafter was unsurpassed and Hava and Harun the manager were also eager to accommodate us in any way possible, including let us extend our stay, moving to a different slightly larger room, and when we couldn't extend our stay for our last night in Istanbul, found us a room in their equally as charming sister hotel, The Karikoy Port Hotel, for a discounted price, They arranged transportation and when my mother forgot her coat, even had it shipped over. I would write on and on about the friendliness and helpfulness of this staff. It seriously cannot be matched. This is why small boutique hotels are the best accommodations while traveling, you certainly get that personalized service that really makes all the difference. We were continuously told to feel at home and to ask for any thing we might need. On one particular evening we arrived back in our room to a bottle of wine, a fresh fruit basket and homemade baklava, which was probably the best I've ever eaten with a hand written note telling us how happy they were to have us as guests. The hotel is PRISTINE. So clean and decorated in a French Louis XIV style. The breakfast, which is included in the price, was served in the Rooftop terrace with amazing views of the Old City and was a perfect start to the day with eggs, several choices of bread, fresh fruit, yogurt, salads, cheese, olives, french toast, etc. The location is amazing and very convenient to exploring the Basilica Cistern (highly recommended), Hagia Sofia, THe Blue Mosque, The Hippodrome and The Grand bazaar. It is also very convenient to the Tram line which will take you to Eminonou (for ferries and Galata Bridge and Spice Bazaar) and further over to Beyoglu and Karikoy and Taksim Square. There are several restaurants in the area as well. There really is nothing this hotel wouldn't provide if you needed it. If they didn't have what you needed in house- they would go out and find it!!! It was a truly wonderful hotel experience- if I am ever to visit Istanbul again- I will MOST DEFINITELY stay here. 5 stars!! ANd I wish I could give them more- TRULY TRULY AWESOME!!!! WE were even given roses when we left!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank bluestdoggy

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I arrived in Istanbul on February 20, 2013 and stayed at the White Hotel Hotel for 4 nights. I was picked up at the airport by the Hotel in a modern mini van. Upon arrival I was greeted by Hava (and another gentleman). She went over and beyond her call of duty...she was extremely helpful!! The Hotel is in a great location! Is is in the Old part of Istanbul and a short walking distance to all the main attractions....away from the noise and crowded streets. I stayed in room 404 on the front side of the Hotel and although the room was small, it was super clean. The Hotel is of small size but that is exactly what I liked about it...the staff is able to give you the attention you require. I paid 76 euros per night for my room (given it was off season) and I have to say it was GREAT bang for the buck...especially given that they pick you up at the airport one way, they even gave me a little evil eye pin, the breakfast is included in the price (restaurant is located on the roof of the building where you can see the Blue Mosque and pretty view especially on a sunny day), the wifi works very well and is free of charge, one night i even found a fresh basket of fruit with a small bottle of wine in my room - what a treat. When I left, I received a flower and a box of turkish delight and most importantly, a hug from Hava!

I strongly recommend staying at this place if you are not into commercial chain type hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Lorena M

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent Hotel And the location is perfect! You feel amongst family as soon as you walk in the door, it is immaculately clean and the staff are incredibly nice and friendly with great attention to detail. If I were to point out a slight area for improvement it would be the juice at breakfast and it would be useful to have a bin in the bedroom. Overall, EXCELLENT!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sara F
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;

Reviewed February 25, 2013

You could not find a better location to visit the Blue Mosque, Topkapi, etc. All were within 10 minute walk (including the Grand Bazaar)! The staff was incredible. We were treated like family the entire visit. Hava at the main desk was so very helpful the entire 6 day visit. We stayed in room 403. It is on the front side of the hotel and has a balcony with two chairs and a table. I suggest the fourth floor rooms on the street side since you have a balcony. Rooms were small but functional and the location is perfect. Check out the Sah Bar for a drink. One block from the hotel on a restaurant lined side street.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank H

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Warning: do not be put off by the immediate neighbourhood. This is the old part of Istanbul and it is old. And battered. And patchy. If you want to stay in shiny new environs - cross the bridge, but then you'll walk and walk and walk to the old city's attractions. Or catch cabs, but that's up to you.
Now on with the show.
The White House Hotel is new and shiny inside, the room I had was comfortable and the hospitality impeccable.
I booked for one, in a double bed room. It faced the street and was a tad small, however being able to see the street was good and interesting. Noise was not a problem as the French doors opening to the pseudo balcony were of the double glazed Euro variety that seem to open every which way.
There's a family feeling about the White House that many larger hotels try to replicate, but fail.
From my experience, do book here if you are looking for an individual experience that reflects some of the character of Istanbul.
However, don't book here if you are looking for a cookie cutter big 5 star hotel experience, or conversely a budget experience. The White House is comfortably in a class of its own.

Room Tip: From looking at the emergency floor plan, room sizes vary a lot, so ask if you are particular. Don...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo