“Nice place, great service!”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really liked the hotel, which had great service and was well located and clean. Breakfast was good too. I really recommend this hotel to everyone. Hotel provides a transportation to or from airport when staying over two nights, which was great extra service, specially when travelling in the night time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Hotel Owner & Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,502)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My adult daughter, a friend and I have just stayed for four nights in this hotel in Istanbul. What can I say? In brief, the location is brilliant, the rooms are more than adequate and the staff is absolutely outstanding. It was everything I hoped for, after reading glowing reviews on Trip Advisor!

Upon our arrival we were greeted with a drink and a piece of turkish delight and a warm welcome. Right from that moment, it was obvious this is a hotel whose staff cares about the well being and happiness of the guests. We had booked two rooms and in both instances, they were upgraded - the double to a family room an the single to a double. By Parisian standards the rooms are huge (we had just stayed in Paris), the cleanliness was absolute and the rooms were comfortable and well appointed.

My daughter and I were in room 202 which faced the back - perhaps good to request a rear facing room as they are quieter, although having said that, this is not a noisy location. A generous, tasty and broad ranging breakast was included in the room cost and was served in a delightful rooftop area with splendid views over the city. Watching the seagulls flit around us was just another bonus of staying here!

If you are mainly interested in the Sultanahmet area, as we were, you can literally walk everywhere - we even walked over the bridge to the Galata Tower. Walking in Istanbul is a delight and highly recommended so again, the location of this hotel is suitable for those that feel that way.

But where this hotel really wins is the attitude of the staff - nothing is too much trouble and they are flexible, super helpful, caring and interested in their guests. They claim it is important to them that their guests feel as though they are at home while staying in their hotel and this is precisely how we felt, to the point that when it came time to leave, there were hugs all around and tears in our eyes! This is true hospitality and I have yet to find it at such a high level in any other hotels I have stayed in and that includes some top 5 star ones.

There are other hotels that are cheaper, some that are more luxurious, but none so well located and offering such a warm and caring welcome. If I return to Istanbul (and I hope to do so, as I had a wonderful time in this extraordinary city) I will definitely return to this hotel.

My heartfelt thanks to all for making our stay so lovely and memorable

Room Tip: Corner rooms may be more spacious and rooms at that back are quieter - the call to prayer cannot be...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank AussiePianoGirl
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for my other half's birthday and it exceeded all my expectations and all of the great reviews I had read before booking. Even before we left for Turkey, the manager was in communication by e-mail to provide helpful advice with a personal touch. Our greeting was warm and friendly and started with some helpful tourist information and a complimentary drink. We were then provided with a birthday cake for my other half and were taken to our room that had been decorated (touches that I had already arranged with the manager by e-mail prior to leaving for Istanbul!). I couldn't fault anything - the room was spacious and clean, the breakfast was adequate (didn't need to be anything more than that), the view from the roof terrace of the Blue Mosque was great and the location was perfect (in Old Town within 3-5 minutes walk of all the major historic sites). Above all else, the service was absolutely amazing - it was warm, sincere and always had a personal touch, regardless of what they were giving advice on - restauraunts, directions, travel plans, etc. We were always being reminded that our enjoyment was their priority and this incredibly high standard was upheld by every single member of the team, from the managers at the front desk to the porters and breakfast staff. It really was on a level I have never experienced at a hotel before. This hotel very much made our experience special and memorable - it now stands alone as the place we would choose to return to if we visit Istanbul again (if they have room for us!).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eskaye
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Owner

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The hotel is located in the old city center of Istanbul. it is near the "blue mosque", the "old covert market", the 'Sainte-Sophie"...
The hotel is very nice, and all the staff are friendly and very professional.
We really appreciated this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Sahbi S
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2015

My Dearest Guest Sahbi S ,

Best Regards;
Owner

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great team, everyone was very helpful and kind. We had a great time in the hotel and in the city. Great location, very good breakfast at the top floor, fruit, breads, eggs, hot and cold beverages. The team always had a good advicre and always a smile. Very clean and quiet. Little details that make the day and surprised us.

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Natx6

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We just returned from Istanbul. Our stay at the White House was delightful. The staff is incredible and helpful. We traveled with our son and family and they were as accommodating as they could be. From our complimentary pick up at the airport, to the fine breakfasts, cleanliness, restaurant, and touring recommendation things could not have been better. We felt like family. Lastly the location in the old city was amazing short walks to major sites and easy access to tram. I have stayed in many places written few reviews to take this one seriously. I look forward to another visit at the White House.

Room Tip: If the daily prayers from the mosques would bother you ask to be not on street side. I enjoyed hear...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Victor E

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Picked up at the airport, fabulous location to culture, incredibly helpful staff, delicious breakfasts on the roof, great rooms. It could not be a better location & friendlier people. In the evenings we met on the roof for tasty treats that we picked up on the street. The fireworks on New Year's Eve were fabulous watching from the roof

Room Tip: 204 is one of the smallest, 203 is a bit bigger & a corner room but both were great
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends