“Loved it”

Ranked #1 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Calgary, Canada
“Loved it”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 5pm after a long day flying from North America. Were picked up from the airport courtesy of the hotel. It took 1 hour in heavy traffic. Triple room was spacious and very clean. We were offered orange juice and Turkish delight. After a few minutes we were checked in. Our suitecases were brought to our room shortly thereafter by a very polite hotel staff. Every member of the staff that we met was very pleasant and helpful. The staff at the front desk always said hello and smiled when they saw us. Breakfast was plentiful with breads, yogurt, cookies, cheese, cold cut. We enjoyed the many Turkish pastries. One day we even had French toast. They even have one of those machines that can make coffee and milk, expresso and capuccino at the push of a button. Location is very ideal. We walked everywhere. There are a few grocery stores within walking distance. The main street where the tram is and where the Blue Mosque can be seen is only a minute walk away.

1 Thank RoyaltyC
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Hotel Owner & Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Loudon, Tennessee
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This great little hotel is situated close to many of the tourist sites and many restaurants nearby. We enjoyed our stay there with some caveats. The hotel room was clean and neat. The breakfasts in the morning were wonderfully done--thank you to the lovely lady who did all the hard work. The storage in the room was really insufficient. We were only there for 3 nights, so we survived okay. But, there are no drawers, just a small wardrobe that also contains the mini bar and the safe. You could stack a few things there, but it was clumsy. The bathroom had a nice shower, but no tissues and again, NOWHERE to put anything. We were treated great by the front desk staff and the bellman was terrific!!! He dragged our heavy cumbersome suitcases in and out with a smile! We would stay here again, but for any length of time, I do not know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SafSis
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Owner
Devon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My enjoyable stay at this hotel started with a free pick up service at the airport, a glass of champaign and sweets upon arrival and warm welcome by the hotel's staff and manager. My pleasant surprise continued with a lovely ( yes small, but who stays in a room long when the world's best sights are all around)room with luxury hotel quality sheets, pillows and other amenities including a modern bathroom, although it took some time to figure out all the shower jets (I'm sure the staff would have explained it if I bothered to ask).Everything in this hotel was extremely clean and can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was, every single staff member was extremely helpful, charming and welcoming. The fruit and wine surprise in the room waiting for me after an afternoon of sightseeing was again that extra touch that made my stay so special at this hotel.The rooftop breakfast room with Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque in the background and the Bosphorus shining in the morning sun provided me with that "aha" moment on a trip. Lastly the location was perfect in the middle of the most historic and happening neighborhood of Sultanahmet, I could walk everywhere. This hotel definitely will be my home on my stays in Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank utka

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 17, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel in the morning, before the room was ready, we were received with lots of information and a drink (juice) and Turkish Delight. We were also offered coffee or tea, on the house. The staff was extremely nice and eager to help, the rooms were small, but had everything, inclusive of free wifi. All was clean, bathroom with all necessities, good bed, tea/coffe + warm water in the room. Safe deposit box also.
The location in the Old Town, couple of minutes walk to Hagia Sofia, The Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar - four of the Top Tens of Istanbul. Nice restaurants nearby. Free pick up/return to fish restaurants arranged by the hotel.

2 Thank be-roehn

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

All the staff in the hotel are extremely helpful and friendly. They arranged a pick up for us from the airport and refreshments when we arrived. There was always a cheerful greeting when we arrived back after a day out and on the second day a bowl of fruit and a small bottle of wine was left in our room.

The room was fairly small but let’s face it, you don’t go to Istanbul to stay in your room watching TV!! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept in and we wanted to bring the pillows home with us!

The breakfast view from the roof top restaurant was to die for and for breakfast itself there was a good selection of hot and cold foods. Our room was at the front but we heard very little noise from the street.

The hotel is brilliantly located near to all the historical sites, either by foot or by tram and the helpful staff will always show you the shortest route. We would absolutely stay in this hotel again and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LMB8

Cali,Colombia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I spent 9 days in Istanbul and stayed at the White House Hotel. It is located in the middle of historical interest. Room was very clean and quiet, with comfortable beds. We still could use the airco, something not very usual in european hotels by the end of October. Room was also very soundproof. We never heard prayer calls though the room was located on the Mosques side.
But the best part of our experience was the staff people. What a nice reception we got....Always ready to help us with information about tours, maps, directions..etc. How not to mention the treat to a cup of Turkish coffee or a cup of tea every time we got back to the hotel after a long day of walking and sightseeing in Istanbul.. Harun,Hava,Remcy,Emrah,Aydn,Samet and others made our stay more enjoyable. They were very warm and friendly and speak very good English and Spanish.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ydevelez

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at the White House Hotel Istanbul for one night and could not have gotten better service. Great reception upon check-in. Friendly hotel staff. The room was superb, big and spacious. The bed was comfortable and had the best hotel pillows I've ever slept on. Great location near many of the major sights in Istanbul which is perfect for the short stay I had in Istanbul. Everything was within easy walking distance. The staff at the hotel were able to provide maps of the area and suggestions for things to do. I would absolutely go back to the White House Hotel and recommend it to anyone traveling to Istanbul. There can't be anything nicer and more comfortable.

Room Tip: Located on a quiet street. Superior rooms do no face street and are ultimately quieter.