“great place to stay”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 28, 2012

we have just spent 5 days here. First thing is that the location is excellent. walking distance from all the main attractions and also some very nice restaurants. Our room was a good size and very nicely appointed. the staff are incredibly hlepful and friendly. we had come from a larger very well known hotel in Istanbul and I have to say the White House was much better. they have a lovely roof terrace and were happy for us to take a bottle of wine up there late afternoon to watch the sun go down. highly recommended

3  Thank fiona229
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Write a ReviewReviews (3,612)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel has two main excellent selling points. Firstly, the location is perfect. It's two minutes walk from the main historic sites ( Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar, Topkepi Palace, Cistern etc). Secondly the staff look after you in a way usually reserved for superior hotels. As a solo-female traveller, they were keen to know i was happy and could find everywhere. They helped with directions and suggestions and were never without a smile. My departure flight was at 7.45am so I had to leave the hotel at around 5.15 am.They arranged for the transport (around £20) and provided some breakfast at 5am! Nothing was too much trouble. I failed to mention that they collect you from the airport at no additional cost - a great bonus!There are kettles, tea etc available in the rooms which is a great plus too but there was also a range of drinks available at all times from the machine in the Terrace Breakfast room ( great views on the Hagia Sophia from here too)Fridge in your room and not as expensive as most others I have seen although I didnt need it myself. Rooms are kept extremely clean and tidy and comfortable. I have never been so well cared for. Breakfast is fine- a range of yogurts, fruits, cooked foods, cheese , bread, meats, cereals and cakes! I adore breakfast and ate plenty each morning and thus didn't each lunch! There was a gorgeous little passage way lined with restaurants just a minute away and I ate there each night so I was quickly home by the end of the evening. They all work so hard to make sure you enjoy your stay- very impressed indeed! TEveryone was so good to you, especially the young man, Emrah on the desk and his assistant Remzi. They all deserve a pay rise! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Michelle_T954

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having been to Istanbul twice before we knew exactly where we wanted to stay and booked this hotel based on its position and on other reviews from TripAdvisor. We were NOT disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble - and we were welcomed with a drink and Turkish Delight in the reception lounge. Later that day a platter of fresh fruit was delivered to our room and on departing we were given a box of Turkish Delight as a gift.
The hotel is very well positioned in the Sultanahmet area and is in easy walking distance to the various sights and sites in this area. It is surrounded by street after street lined with restaurants, many of which were just wonderful.
We walked to the Spice Market and back again - not a quick walk, but quite doable without needing to be a fitness fanatic.
All in all a great place to stay in Istanbul.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, but I don't think the street is noisy. The only disturbance to sle...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AKA-Rose
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

We hope you come back soon and visit us again...

Best regards,

Hotel Owner & Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2012

+ perfect location, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Cistern, G.Bazaar and many other sights are within 5 min walk
+ attentive & helpful service
+ nice & clean rooms
+ free airport transfer (over 5 nights stay)

- bit smalish rooms
- breakfast (food range & quality) could be improved - not in line with room price (poor coffee, no fresh juice, etc)
- the short street in which the hotel is located is rather dirty, but the area in general is OK
- some minor practical details could be improved for better comfort (no hangers in bathroom, only 1 reading lamp)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laszlo B
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2015

My Dearest Guest Fatima-Zahra S ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a smaller hotel that is supurbly located close to most of the things you might want to see in Istanbul. It is walking distance to the blue Mosque, Spice Market and wonderful restaurants. It is also only a few blocks from the "Hop-on Hop-off" bus that is a great way to see an overview of the city. The hotel is not large and the rooms are not real big, but they are clean, comfortable and more than adequate. The staff is really fantastic and anxious to accomodate every whim. They actually showed concern over our over-all experience, not just in the hotel. They gave great recommendations and referrals to points of interest and local restaurants. They served a rather elaborate breakfast for a smaller hotel. We enjoyed this safe, comfortable and well situated hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quietest. The two rooms that enter right from the front reception are the bes...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2015

My Dearest Guest Tad D ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We found this hotel through Tripadvisor, and, as is usually the case, the reality lived up to the reviews! We were in Istanbul for 3 days prior to taking a Greek Island cruise. The location was perfect, the rooms very comfortable, and the service excellent! We found the Turkish people to be very warm and friendly, and this tone was admirably set when we checked into the hotel.

Currently, their rooftop restaurant only serves breakfast (a wonderful selection!), but that is not an issue as the hotel, in the middle of the old quarter, is surrounded by excellent restaurants. Walking distance from all the major landmarks, I recommend the White House Hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is a fantastic find largely due to the friendly helpful staff led by Harun the manager who sets the perfect tone for an enjoyable stay. We stayed for 4 nights and it's difficult to choose a better location for first time visitors to Istanbul with all the major sights within a few minutes walk.

The hotel was spotless, the rooms comfortable and the breakfasts as good as we've had on our numerous City breaks all over Europe.

The complimentary shuttle pick up at the airport worked well although the least said about Istanbul traffic the better!

If you're planning a trip to Istanbul, believe me the other Trip Advisors have got this one right and we totally endorse their ratings.

Room Tip: Take a shotgun to shoot the seagulls (just joking!) - ask reception if there's any chance of a T...