Agora Life Hotel
$101
$262
$243
  • Pool
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$57
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$137
$112
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$127
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$691
HotelQuickly
1,014 results
All reviewsrooftop terracehagia sophiagrand bazaarkadir cikanold cityblue mosquewithin walking distancegolden hornrecommend this hotelbasilica cisternbosphorus straitrooms are cleanperfect locationturkish teaa lovely staymain attractionsthe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is really nice and close all the historical places and yet in a very calm street. The breakfast has a wide range and the terrace has really amazing view. The staff helped us a lot in everything. I definately recommend this hotel and come here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Agora Life Hotel and loved it! No, it's not the Four Seasons but for the price, I felt like we scored a wonderful find!

Pros:
-Cleanliness!
-Location cannot be beat. Quick walk to the Grand Bazaar Gate 1, the main attractions like the Blue Mosque, and decent places to grab a bite.
-Price!
-Hospitality...amazing. They gifted me with a lovely shawl the morning we left as a congratulatory gift because I'm pregnant. My husband also enjoyed a bottle of wine that was brought up to our room on the house.
-Airport pick-up. And because we stayed 7 nights, they gave us a free ride back to the airport as well. One headache I did not have to deal with!
-Quiet! It's off a main road so you are less likely to hear the commotion of traffic.
-Free wifi. Much appreciated.
-Free daily breakfast. The yoghurt and honey are delicious!

Cons (or as close to them as I could think up):
-Basic rooms are tiny if all you know are hotel rooms in America. But I found the size to be just fine as I didn't need anything fancy, just some place to crash my head at night.
-Hmmm, not much else.

Again, if you're looking for the Four Seasons, this is not the place. But it is modern, clean, wonderfully priced, and managed by a kind group of people who make you feel right at home. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're wanting to stay within walking distance to all the main sites in Istanbul.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Knammari
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've just returned from a few days break in instanbul and stayed in the agora life hotel. The location is perfect, only a few minutes walk from all the main sights and a few lovely restaurants within a few hundred metres. The hotel is off from a main road so a lot quieter than many of the other hotels.

All the staff were very friendly and went the extra mile to accommodate you. Nothing was too much trouble for them, whether it was getting directions, or advice on good restaurants or even exchanging money. The hotel manager like many of the other staff was very personal and took time to remember the individual needs of his guests, this is obviously helped by the fact the agora life hotel has a boutique feel about it and has 40 rooms.

Breakfast was provided and there was a large selection to choose from, from the buffet.

Would definitely recommend for everyone visiting Istanbul to stay at this hotel, great value for money and will be staying here on my next trip!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gretchen834
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We opted for the biggest room available, which wound up being the Santa Sophia Suite which is in all their web photos. We paid $220/night. Other rooms are significantly cheaper sans view. The other room next to ours (2 rooms on our floor) had a balcony and great views of the Golden Horn, but no Haghia Sophia views. The views from the moderately sized room are stunning -- direct front-on view of Haghia Sophia (Aya Sofya) through one window and the Topkapi Palace, entire Golden Horn, ferries, Galata Tower in the distance etc through the other window. I understand that few Sultanhamet hotels have any views at all except from their rooftop terraces. We could literally sit all day at the windows (on the stained sofa) and take the world in. Breakfast in the basement (on the terrace when it's warmer) was delicious and included. The room was kept spotless by the staff, but is cold -- no typical carpets or adornment of any type, a heavily stained carpet in the seating area, cheap toiletries, but a good shower -- no charm except for the wonders staring back at you from the windows. The room was quiet except for the constant (and enjoyable) cacophony of the ever-present gulls and the endless (and well cared for) cats one finds in Istanbul. The hotel manager is a lovely man and was always patient giving us directions, suggestions, etc. All hotel employees were kind and friendly. This is a super location for the area (5 min walk to Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, tram stop and 15 min walk to the ferries/Spice Market). Agora Life was not in four popular tour books we consulted and for the first time ever we selected a hotel based on TripAdvisor recommendations. Yes, the view was priceless and the location phenomenal -- so it was worth it to us. But on this same trip we paid $320/night for a boutique hotel near Galata Tower and it was night and day in terms of experience -- a lushly appointed room, wonderful concierge service, room service, etc. Honestly all we usually ever care about is cleanliness, friendliness and location and Agora Life has all three, but definitely not the best bang for the buck and thus the 4 star rating (without the views, it would have been 3 stars.

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank JeffTNYC
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Agora Life Hotel is definitely the best hotel in Istambul. First of all it is located in the best district of the city: Sultanahmet! In a city of 17 milion hab it makes all the diference. It is really close to the main atractions like Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar, egyptian bazar. Second, all the bedrooms are prety organized with great bathrooms, specially the Bosphoros suite wich i have been. It was amazing to have the Bosphoros and it's beautiful bridge in front of me everyday. As it is a small hotel you get to know the manager and all the friendly people that work there. It makes the trip much better. They will explain to you all the best places in town and what are the best option for restaurants, shopping or museums.
I know now that my visit to Istanbul was much better because of this hotel and because of the good friends i made there. I would not come back to Turquey whitout staying in Agora Life.
I want to thank you all for that.
Can't wait to see you in Brazil.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family