“Livin' the Life at Agora Life Hotel”
Review of Agora Life Hotel

Agora Life Hotel
Ranked #58 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I just came back from visiting Istanbul for a week. I randomly booked the Agora Life and I'm so happy I did because this place is awesome. The rooms were comfortable, clean, modern and I had an amazing view from the Bosphorus suite.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly, helpful and they spoke English. They gladly helped me arrange for a private guide, taxis, reservations at restaurants, etc. The level of outstanding customer service and attention to detail made me feel like I was staying at a really nice apartment building with a front desk that I had known for years. I never felt anything less than their best and most important customer and the other guests I spoke to felt the exact same way.

The breakfast downstairs was great. Lots of cereals, breads and cheeses. The breakfast attendant, Ugor (sp?), also made me eggs sunny-sided up every morning without any extra fuss. Towards the end of my stay, he had the eggs ready for me and I didn't even have to ask. That kind of attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond was typical of my stay at Agora Life.

Lastly, the location was ideal to tour the old city. It's easily 5 minutes away from Hagia Sofia. It's about a 15 minute taxi ride from the bars and clubs of Taxim but the ride was about 18 Turkish Lira. I personally liked staying but the old stuff and then taking a taxi to the bars at night. Agora Life is perfectly situated so you can visit some historic stuff, walk back to the hotel to rest and then go back out at night. My friends and I walked around during the day, came back, rested and then took a taxi to go out.

OVERALL - Customer service and a great deal are really important to me. I know there are other hotels that are slightly cheaper than Agora Life but I would gladly pay the extra few dollars to stay at a nice hotel that's clean, modern, perfectly situated and that comes with great customer service.

-Nicole, Lindsay and Stacy

1  Thank OfficeTravelLeague

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I only stayed for one night at Agora Life but it was excellent. Kadir, the owner, was really helpful and arranged an excursion for me as well as finding a good Turkish Hamam for me to visit nearby. Every time we chatted he was quick to offer me a delicious glass of Turkish tea. The room I stayed in was quite small but very comfortable and the decor is modern with new furniture and flat screen tv. There was free fruit and water on arrival which is a nice touch. The location is fantastic - 5 minutes from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. There is a superb fish restaurant on the road called Sultanahmet fish house too. Overall a wonderful place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Aldy_1982
Reviewed December 29, 2011

An excellent small hotel with superb views from the 3 bed Bosphorus room. Very spacious and light filled with small balcony overlooking the hamam. Staff were extra courteous and helpful. Excellent location for the old town and tram. Breakfast was well presented and would be even better up on the terrace in good weather.
Highly recommended...we were even given a lovely scarf as a Christmas present.
Very quiet.

Room Tip: Bosphorus had a huge window overlooking the Bosphorus. Hotel can arrange and monitor parking in the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sofiasofia_11
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Agora Life made our first trip to Istambul a very pleasant surprise. The Hotel has a top location near the old part of town and the main attractions. It's a small and familiar hotel with small but comfy rooms, and all very clean and new. We started our trip staying there and had a minor problem with the shower, when we came back before returning home they upgrade us to the suite for free :) What a rest before our flight. And with amazing views!

Tip: Grab a beer from the mini bar and watch the sunset in the rooftop - Amazing views

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for the suite in the top floor with the magnific view to the Bosfurus
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joao74
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This hotel is centrally located, within walking distance from Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and other points of interest like the grand bazaar.It was clean and nice.The staff were very quick to help us with any questions and very friendly. All in all a great hotel with a lot to offer in its surrounding area.

1  Thank deepthi a
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Very nice hotel, great location, clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Special mention to Mr khadir who is very helpful with organising trips and sight seeing. Definitely recommend it.

Atishma

1  Thank atishma
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Visited with set of friends and had a fun stay in Istanbul.. enjoyed our stay at Agora life , excellent staff and service, very welcoming and helpful! the hotel is perfectly situated , just 5 min walk,in the centre of so many of Istanbuls major attractions.Great place and would highly recommend!

2  Thank Preeti N