“Hold your horses...”

Ranked #197 of 14,052 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Located in the very heart of the Historical Peninsula , Meat House is your stop flavor for Turkish Cuisine at Sultanahmet. Just sixty meters from Hagia Sophia , Sultanhmet Mosque and The Topkapi Palece its on the calmest and most peaceful street in the neighbourhood yet again you reach Sultanahmet square with just a few steps and join the crowd in the center bustling with activity. Supported by the comments about us we are a restaurant with a strong menü of authentic Turkish cuisine. Beef steak, all kebaps, pides ,pizzaz ,cold starters ,olive oil dishes ,vegeterian dishes, fish and shrimp fresh bread made instantly and all alcholic & non alcoholic drinks. All our products are made with daily bought vegetables lamb and cow meat. With our genial personel and hospitality making you feel home we are expecting you all to taste the delicasies in Meat House
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am all up for the power of Internet and sharing first hand experiences versus biased reviews disguised as "professional", but in some cases I've found this approach too naive and a little deceiving.
About this restaurant, for instance, the food was just decent: the mixed plate was extremely expensive, and the quality of the pida lower than the ones you can find at the street vendors. Not to mention the wine - price and quality didn't match at all...
The location is somewhat convenient because it's close to Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque in Sultanahmet, but the place itself is poorly decorated, and the lighting is wrong.
Please be aware that I am certainly not looking for a western luxury vibe in a magic city like Istanbul, but if you research a little better, with the same amount of money you can pick a real high end authentic restaurant, while here you only get a student cafeteria/airport kind of quality, paying full price.
Obviously, the many reviewers who gave this place 5 stars did not know what "good food" means, or just got a little too excited about the idea of sharing college style "I was here!" kind of pictures...

4  Thank SimoneX4ever

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We tried this restaurant in early January. It was the best value we found in Sultanamet! Great bread, nice salads, paid only 30 tkl for 2!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Found this on our first night, great find. We had Pizza and Casserole. Both we filling and very tasty. Free WI FI as well. The owner was very polite.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I came here multiple times on my trip to Istanbul. The food is just so good & the service so friendly, that I kept coming back. Their prices are really reasonable as well. Even their house white wine is an enjoyable wine.

I had a favorite item called sigara boregi. It was supposed to be for breakfast, but theirs was so good that I ordered it any time of day. If you are in Istanbul please stop here & it. It's delicious.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very tasty, good food, nice and kind people. Inexpesive. The owner is really nice!!! I will be back! I recommend it!

1  Thank Petra M