“be careful”

Istanbul Walk
Book In Advance
$83.64*
and up
Bosphorus Full-Day Sightseeing Tour: Golden Horn and Bosphorus Cruise, Spice...
$89.61*
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“be careful”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Istanbul is definitely a city that should be visited at least once.
But the problem is that tourists who are visiting the city aited many unpleasant suprises.Almost all the taxi drivers and traders in particular those in the Grand Bazaar are able to rob you in all possible wayd, which is very difficult to avoid.
I recommend to everyone to pay using credit cards and if you need some cash take cash usin the cash machines only, because it is the only way to avoid falsified money.
My advice is not to buy anything at the Bazaar than in stores outside Bazaar.
The restaurants on the open near the Bazaar should definitely be avoided because the food is bad and very expensive.
I can recommend restaurants that abound around the Blue Mosque.
For the shopping is best to visit a large shopping center in Tasim.

Visited January 2013

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Go early”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I offers multiple floors of exhibits, ranging from Neolithic Anatolia to stuff around the time,of Alexander the Great. There is a area dedicated to the settlements of Troy. Numerous sarcophagi form Egypt (mostly later time periods) there are many artifacts from ionic Greece (Asia minor) statues, mosaics, and stelas. However, when I was there it seemed like an entire wing was closed due to reconstruction (or something) so I missed so key things, which was rather disappointing. So do some research first.

Visited January 2013
abu dhabi
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“very nice walking tour”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited Istanbul for 3 days so I did walking tour and also did my walking in many area in the city.
the tour was very good I think anywhere in Istanbul good to see it
I visit Blue mosque better visit it in the morning as at noon it is pray time non-Muslim cannot go inside the mosque .I saw also Hagia Sophia and palace
other time I went to bazar and specie market it is very nice
also I like the food and there is many restaurants with all type of food grill ,sea food etc.
most of the shop you need to get discount
you will like the city as all things is there places to visit, shopping ....

Visited October 2012
2 Thank advisor321
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great visit and nice and very professional guide”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We are a young couple from Barcelona who decided to take the istanbul classics and highlights tour with a local guide as istanbul has lots of amazing and interesting stories behind.
Our guide, Emir, is very fluent in English and has a deep understanding about istanbul history. On top of this he is very pedagogic, funny and flexible.
The visit was everything but boring and I would recommend Emir services to anyone looking for a local guide who gives an added value service.

2 Thank Míriam R
London, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Walking tours”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I did 3 walking tours with Istanbul walks, the tour guide Selma was extremely knowledgeable and well spoken. Can't wait to go back and do more walking tours as they have many more. My tours were of the blue mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace.

Visited November 2012