“Great visit and nice and very professional guide”
Review of Istanbul Walk

Istanbul Walk
Book In Advance
$85.20*
and up
Bosphorus Full-Day Sightseeing Tour: Golden Horn and Bosphorus Cruise, Spice...
$91.28*
Istanbul by Night: Turkish Food Tour
$29.21*
Whirling Dervish Show in Istanbul
Ranked #91 of 415 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Istanbul Walks - Istanbul and Turkey Daily City Tours
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We are a young couple from Barcelona who decided to take the istanbul classics and highlights tour with a local guide as istanbul has lots of amazing and interesting stories behind.
Our guide, Emir, is very fluent in English and has a deep understanding about istanbul history. On top of this he is very pedagogic, funny and flexible.
The visit was everything but boring and I would recommend Emir services to anyone looking for a local guide who gives an added value service.

2  Thank Míriam R
There are newer reviews for Istanbul Walk

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I did 3 walking tours with Istanbul walks, the tour guide Selma was extremely knowledgeable and well spoken. Can't wait to go back and do more walking tours as they have many more. My tours were of the blue mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace.

1  Thank JEM2857
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We met our guide, Emir, a young man in his early twenties outside Hagia Sophia. The line was large, VERY large....we needn't have worried though as he went straight to the front and got us passed everyone as he had already got our tickets !

Excellent !

We had Emir all to ourselves, what a bonus. He was knowledgable and his English was good. We had a comprehensive tour of Hagia Sophia, then into the Blue Mosque and finally the Hippodrome.

I could not fault this tour and especially Emir, what a great guy and a great guide.

2  Thank StevenWigan
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ever been on a group tour unable to hear the guide telling you about the attraction because the group's too large. Or you've wanted to read the captions on the exhibits, or stop and take more photos but you had to rush to keep up with the group. Or you've not gone on a tour because you thought you wouldn't be able to keep up? Well,if you want to enjoy the attractions of Istanbul and learn LOTS about the history and culture - then Istanbul Walks is the ideal company to contact. Contact by email was easy, prompt and helpful. Their range of walks and tours are ideal for the first time visitor or the person like me who'd been before and this time had a particular list of places to visit. My interest in the City Walls, the Conquest by Mehmet, the Byzantine era, and the evolution of mosque design was well catered for by the 5 walks I chose to do over 2 1/2 days. My 2 guides were not only fantastic sources of information, but were considerate of my special interests, my fitness level and age. As a white, western, non-muslim woman, being taken to visit mosques in very conservative areas of Istanbul was such a privilege, and something I wouldn't have done on my own. I can highly recommend Istanbul Walks. Can't wait for my next visit to go exploring Istanbul and surrounds with my new friends.

3  Thank Frantic_12
Reviewed September 25, 2012

hello again readers, we recentley went on a cruise to turkey and greece form the 3rd of sept till the 17th of sept 2012. i have to say our first port of call wa the magnifgant city of istanbul in turkey. this is the second time we have visited the city,but this time we wewre travelling with freinds who had never been before,so we decided to show them round the wonderful sights. we firstly took them to the blue mousqe then the the water cistern built by the romans for there water supply, then we strolled round the city to the spice market and the grand bazzaer. i have to say istanbul is a wonderful place of achitechure and is also very easily accessaible to get around too. they have a trtam service which you can jump on and off to all the main sights,but you can as we did,do it all on foot. it is a good strech of the legs but is well worth the effort. if however you do decide to go to the blue mosqe please allow for large queus at peak times, and also remenber to cover your shoulders and knees . the grand bazzar is huge and you will get hasseld so go prepared. istanbul is a wonderful safe city but it is a city so do be vigilent with your bags, the peole are very freindly and helpful,you will however get venours outside the main attractions trying to sell you items but they dont get too mjuch in your face . all in all istanbul is well worth a visit,easy to get around so go and enjoy,its certainly a city we wont tire of . any qeustions please ask and ill try to answer them .