“Great Hotel...Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Tunel Residence

Tunel Residence
Ranked #85 of 1,258 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a great hotel. My fiance and I were pleasantly surprised by the size of our suite which included a living room, dining room, kitchen area and "ta da"...a laundry machine! Nonetheless, we love the room decor, the spaciousness and comfort of our suite. The receptionists and hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. It is within walking distance to the Istiklal street area and metro. A perfect spot to explore Istanbul. We highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Runner2013

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our family stayed in a Junior Suite and found it to be clean and comfortable. The location was good for evening dining, and the breakfasts were nice at the adjoining restaurant. The restaurant even delivered dinner to us one evening. We were able to walk to the tram line or over the bridge to the tourist attractions. The staff was polite and helpful, and we enjoyed having the two rooms to spread out. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel end of March 2014 for 5 days.
The location is fantastic very close to Istiklal street.
The receptionists Muhsin and Mehmet were very friendly and helpful.
We booked a Junior suite, the room was very big, nice and clean, we had kitchenette in our room with washing machine and dishwasher included!
I am very pleased with the hotel and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms (7th floor) has a nice few At night there are some dogs barking outside, it could...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I arrived after midnight and after a six hour delay to be met by cheery and very helpful people. My serviced apartment is modern and clean with lots of space and facilities. The little kitchen lacks an oven, microwave or toaster but as I am here for 4 months arrangements have been made. Nothing seems to much bother for the staff. Wonderfully situated by the metro and a short walk from Istiklal Street (the Oxford Street of Istanbul). Also well placed for transport to tourist sites on the other side of the Golden Horn. As I sit here typing I can look out at one of the big Mosques in the distance. So far everything is positive about the hotel (apart from the oven). Not used theSpa yet so unrated but sure it is as good as the rest. Free wi-fi which slows down when everyone is in at evening times.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed in Tunel residence 3 nights in the end of december with my girlfriend and my bestfriend. We had a suite 703. We were very pleased with apartment. Huge rooms, nice interior, great bathroom. There is a a kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, and large refrigerator. Sofa bed in the living room was not that great, I think its more proper for children then adults. From suite is a nice view over old part of Istanbul. WIFI connection was free and excellent. The suite was clean top to bottom. Hotel has a perfect location next to the metro station. Old city is 20 minutes by foot away, with taxi 5 minutes. There are also Istiklal caddesi and Taksim square in the walking distance. The only dowside of the hotel for me is, that the breakfast is not selfservice, but you must choose one dish from ala carte menu (this was included in price), but there is unlimited amount of coffe, tea and fresh orange juice. We felt comfortable with the staff and the hotel, they were nice and ready to help us with our questions about Istanbul. I would definitely recommend this hotel because of its location and reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as high as possible, because there is a nice view from higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rok K
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very good location right by the Sishane Metro stop, one stop down from Taksim Square. Breakfast downstairs at the Big Chef is decent. Very friendly staff, but man, the Internet seriously sucks. Internet speed is so slow that it is practically useless. That is, when it's working. Seems to break down at lease twice a week for hours on end, sometimes even stays down for a day or two. Constant complaints to the staff didn't seem to help. I stayed at Tunel from January 2014 to mid-March 2014 and had planned to stay several months longer but couldn't take the non-existent internet anymore. If you have no need for internet access to plan your vacation, then Tunel is a great place to stay. If you need the internet, find someplace else, seriously.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank crashlander8
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business for four days in early February 2014. Centrally located. Excellent and clearly popular ground restaurant in the hotel. I stayed in a self-contained suite which was large and excellent. Walking distance to main shopping area and Taksim Square. Friendly, helpful staff. Only criticism, which was not the hotel's fault, were the barking dogs at night. Also the western tv channels were limited. Have recommended to a colleague who is looking to base himself there. Highly recommended and somewhere that I will definitely use again for business or for family holidays.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business