“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #344 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Ware, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having just returned from a 1 week stay at the Antis Hotel I thought I must write to let others know what a superb hotel this is - on all fronts.
The staff are really lovely and the hotel is beautifully clean and the food really good. My sister and I eat one evening on the beautiful terrace overlooking not only the Mamara sea but on the other side the fabulous Blue Mosque. I hope you get the picture. We also had a really lovely room with a massive window overlooking the sea. Again the room was always kept very clean by the lovely cleaning ladies. The location is just a 5 min walk away from the central square so couldn't have been easier for us to get to all the 'Top 10' sites.
Thank you to all the staff at the Hotel - not forgetting Okan who was very informative and arranged a wonderful trip on the Bospherous - an excellent holiday and this is a hotel I will recommend to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Room 306 is lovely with a fabulous shower - but I'm sure any of the sea facing rooms are equally...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Antis Hotel Guest,
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.
Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.
Hope to be together again.
I appreciate your kind comments
Best regards,
Serdar Gider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Minutes stroll to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia & Topkapi. I previously stayed in large hotel in the Beyazit area but much prefer this smaller and more intimate hotel in the centre of the old town. Ticked all the boxes on my list – great location, warm welcome & service, good food, elegant rooms comfortable bedrooms and most importantly - extremely clean.

Had delicious BBQ in the terrace restaurant and bar on the 4th floor with most amazing views of Blue Mosque and Sea of Marmara. The meal price was comparable to the local restaurants & although quiet with such a fantastic view I’d say it was a must for at least one evening meal.
Breakfast served in the ground floor elegant and quiet restaurant area was good with enough choice of dishes. Turkish bread is so fresh & delicious so be prepared to put on a few pounds!

I’d say the Antis Hotel was in a relatively quiet area for such a central location; far enough away from the whirling dervish café music and no refuse trucks and traffic noise that I had previously experienced in the Beyazit area.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe seaview if you can - watching the cruise liners & vast cargo containers is com...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Antis Hotel Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay.Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. You can contact with me directly serdar.gider@antishotel.com
Best Wishes from Istanbul Antis Hotel
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The most irritating bit was that they simply didn't have a room for us on the first two day which means we were put in a hotel up the road. Thanksfully the hotel was actually nicer but Antis didn't provide any form of compensation or apologies for our inconvenience. The food was poor and the staff not friendly at all, location is great though.
Overall not a nasty place but not trying hard enough as they know their amazing location is enough to attract tourist

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frogster99
serdargider, Owner at Antis Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We will consider your comments.We are sorry.Thank you very much for your review.
Best regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Looking for a economically priced hotel fOr a few days this was the ideal choice! I was paying and didn't want something that was going to break the bank. The room was clean and comfortable, the only complaint wa she noise from the nearby railway line. But for us this wasn't too much of a problem. If you are busy running around Istanbul trying to see the sights and have some quiet time too this is an I'd eal choice. Set within walking distance of many major attractions. They offer a pickup service from or to the airport . This seemed a little haphazard in its organisation and I would suggest it is probably less stressful to arrange this for your return to the airport. .
Breakfast was a little limited but ok and there is plenty of low cost places to eat nearby. Just remember to pack your earplugs if you are a light sleeper!

Room Tip: If you don't like noise ask for a room at the front
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Antis Hotel Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind comments.It was a pleasure for us to hear that our services could meet your expectations during your stay with us.Thank for your kind feedback on behalf of my colleague. We hope to welcome you again soon. Kind Regards,
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A short hop from the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia, the Antis Hotel is an ideal base for a trip to Istanbul. There are also plentiful bars and restaurants within five minutes walk. The hotel is clean and well-managed. The rooms are spacious. There is a train line behind the hotel which may disturb light sleepers but we had no problem. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Antis Hotel Guest,
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.I would like to thank you for your review about Antis Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Best Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My mother and I enjoyed staying 4 nights / 5 days in this fabulous Hotel, aside from its best location the staff were amazingly helpful, the service was excellent, the room was great and I loved their Terrace which has an outstanding view, we were spending our nights there drinking their delicious turkish coffee and tea,
If I'll have the chance to visit again Istanbul I will definetly stay in Antis Hotel !

Sylvana & Sabah

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sylvana A
serdargider, Owner at Antis Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Sylvana &Sabah,
It was our great pleasure to host you in İstanbul, in our hotel.
I would like to thank you for your review about Antis Hotel on TripAdvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Hope to be together again.
Best wishes from İstanbul..
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Antis Hotel, Istanbul, SultanAhmet

August 2012, 10 days stay, 2 adults, 2 children.

The best hotel, the best staff and the best location.

The hotel was cosy and homely, being small you are treated with exceptional service and we were always treated like family. All the sights are nearby and the staff are more than happy to help you throughout your stay.

Me and my family were treated like a part of their own family and we were sad to leave. The rooms were cleaned everyday, the views from the hotel terrace were outstanding. I would highly recommend that you stay at the Antis Hotel as you will certainly feel the warmth of the Turkish people.

The staff interacted with us and the children making our stay enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: The suite is just a step onto the terrace with views of the sea and the blue mosque. The room is spa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mehmet K
serdargider, Owner at Antis Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Mehmet Kani,
I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay.Please give my regards to your Family.We hope to welcome you again soon.
Kind regards,