Hotel Grand Unal
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$417
Travelocity
$459
$354
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$136
$112
$581
Neorion Hotel(Istanbul)
$122
$114
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall hotel roomsnice hotelgrand bazaaryenikapielevatorneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Pretty nice hotel. The room was small, but comfortable.The staff was nice. the location of the hotel is very nice, there is tram stop ,about 5 min walking , that takes you to St Sofia church and Grad bazaar.
We only had breakfast, it was very good . The restaurant is located on the top of the hotel, so you can see the sea while you eat.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I just came back yesterday and stayed at this hotel for 5days. The location is awful and noisy, though it is central but I would classify it as rough. The staff literally can't speak english and communication was very poor. We had two rooms as there was 5 of us and room service wouldn't clean our room in the morning it was mostly in the afternoon. They wouldn't provide us with new bedding at all, but also there was lack of towls and at one point I had to call reception for toilet paper. The carpets in the room was never hovered and the way they would wash and clean the toilet was by flushing it a couple of times. The room service staff also did not speak a word of English and were just really rude, sarcastic and dirty. Did not like the look of them at all.

The walls are also very thin. We had a family with a young child the room next to us and I had many sleepless nights due to the baby crying.

The Buffett breakfast was very poor, the juice machine and coffee machine broke on my last day. Had to constantly ask the waiter for milk and the buffett plates were all empty and they wouldn't top it up. The quality of the food was also awful, There was variety of different cheese and olives which were all very salty, humanly not possible to eat. The only good thing about the breakfast was watermelon which was on first come first served basis.
Tables rarely would get cleaned so there was also lack of seating.

I didn't use the swimming pool or the sauna facility but from what I hear it was very small and very busy and the size of the swimming pool was more like a bath than a swimming pool.
I could literally go on and on but to conclude my experience I would rate this hotel as awful! Seriously a waste of money. It's not a 4* it's more like 2*.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cocochanel632008
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Terrible location. Small, noisy, dark and dirty room. During the week stay our room had never been cleaned!!!!! Staff cheating on the first day: the price of tram tickets we were offered at the front desk were 2,5 times higher than on the street.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krzysztof K
Reviewed May 3, 2012

during my stay at this hotel the staff took money from me and hid it in my room so when i complained that it was missing they searched and found it. they then proceded to try and charge me for the time they spent "looking" for the money that i "forgot" under the matress of the bed. this hotel sucks and i would advise staying away. it looks nice but the area around it is trashy at best. also the staff's English is not the best.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kannith
Reviewed October 14, 2011

small rooms and very loud....the staff are nice but their English is poor, so it is hard to communicate, also the location is dodgy, i would rate it as a 3 star hotel .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family