“Place to be!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Diner, Turkish, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Pub Salute serves you with excitement and attention. We serve ottoman and European kitchen, all kinds of drinks with the reasonable prices. For the hot summer days you can relax on the cushions and enjoy your meal and drink.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place to be!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is third time for me in Istanbul.. I met the workers when i was the first time in istanbul! The workers recognize me immediately! That gives me a nice feeling.. I feel me at home in the Pub Salute. Sir Cuma is very kind. He now how to please his customers. Alex is the most funny worker at the pub! My compliments for the chef! I felt in love with the Beyti kebap. I advice everyone to visit the Pub Salute! You won't regret it!!

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Langley, B.C.
“Can't wait to get back”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am heading to Istanbul for the sixth time and I can't wait to take my mom to Pub Salute. I first went to Salute in May 2010 when I was staying at the Erbil Hotel for three weeks. The street is crowded with many restaurants but the fun was always at Salute. Whether it was impromptu dancing or singing, I always knew that I'd be greeted with a smile, asked about my day and get great food. My favourite is the chicken chop. It is very tender and flavorful. From the kanatas (chicken wings), spaghetti bolognese to the shrimp casserole I enjoy the food. I loved the humour and the people watching. It didn't take long before I had a restaurant full of brothers watching out for me and girlfriends who'd wave me over to have a seat. In recent times they have added a really nice fruit plate at the end of the meal. I find that the staff is willing to try and accomodate changes to the menu. I appreciate the attitude, and the sense of Merhaba.

• Visited June 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Lovely!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A great atmosphere, delicious food and a great staff!
If you want to relax after a long day walking in Istanbul, this is the place to be!

• Visited August 2012
Belgium
“A very good place to be”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Pub Salute, a place where you must have been if you're in the heart of Istanbul.
The food is not expensive, nice and especially tasteful.
Whatever you ask, anything is possible. They fit the selected menu in such a way that you as a customer are more than satisfied.
I've been here more than 50 times for dinner and I have never been disappointed
One thing is for sure, if you recommend this restaurant a "Tourist trap with overpriced tasteless food" like Brian_bleed_md does here on Tripadvisor, then I really don't know what you get at home on your plate. I think you eat at home just bread with bread as a topping.
If you want good food at a good price in a nice area, I would recommend you Pub Salute.
Just go eat sometime and you'll see that I'm right.

• Visited August 2012
“Just don't....”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The staff started out to be realy friendly, but after a while it came clear they liked us for our looks and made inappropriate comments. One of the dishes was realy small and didn't have bread/rice/potatoes with it. We orderd potatoes but they were not fried enough. Soft and fat potatoes were the result. After being finished they asked if we wanted some bread with it. Price-quality proportion was not good. They tried to make it up with free fruit but we were done eating there and left. Tip: go to faros or deja-vu, closeby restaurants.