“For the first time in my life I cancelled an entire order”

Buhara 93 Restaurant
Ranked #594 of 14,408 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After a long day of site seeing we stopped at buhara 93 for dinner, we ordered 2 soups a salad and two entrees. The soup came out cold and in a child sized bowl, no big deal then they brought the smallest salad I have seen in my life which cost 5 TL. This on top of the fact that the waiter miserably dropped out food on the table and didnt acknowledge our thanks led me to cancel my entire order. I did not see one happy face in the entire restaurant, too bad that most tourists do not know where else to go.

1  Thank Karen H

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Luckily, my Turkish friend was with me and noticed the bill had been padded with a 3tl blank entry. Not much money, but still, looked to be dishonest. Food was good, though. I wouldn't recommend you stay away, but be on the look-out for "mistakes" in the bill.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This restaurant is a very simple, local establishment. I highly recommend the chicken shish with eggplant. It was wonderful! Vegetable pide was also very good.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food was good, if not great, comparing favorably to other similarly priced restaurants in the area. We especially enjoyed the Adana kebab and the firin Beyti with chicken. It was nice to find a comfortable, reasonably priced restaurant in the center of this tourist district.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our first meal in Istanbul, and our worst. Based on this I was afraid the rest of the city would let us down, but this was the only bad experience of them all. After years of TripAdvisor this is my first 1/5 review.

Appetizer: 1/5 - they didn't bring my appetizer, but I'm certain we were still charged for it.

Entree: 2/5 - completely undressed salad plus unseasoned, unprepared fish. The bread, rice and beans were nice, but not enough to compensate.

Service: 1/5 - Our waiter brought several extra piles of undesired bread, but not the appetizers. We were charged for things we didn't get, since we ordered 6 things total and the tally was closer to 12. However, the receipt provided was illegible and oral communication incomprehensible. We didn't want to make a scene and ruin our first (otherwise great) night in the city so just paid and left, but it cost us about the same as a high end restaurant (and we went to the top 3 in the city!) for cafeteria level food and setting.